AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 29.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 24.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-25, 06:31   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season Two), Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-05-25, 12:10   Link #2
sleepingleo

Amazing, funny and absolutely cute episode...But yeah, they built up so much "happiness" that the ending just as expected was heart wretching. I knew that was gonna happen, but still, i'm a sad panda right now.
Old 2013-05-25, 12:43   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oh man, the moment is here.............

Heart wrenching ensues.
Old 2013-05-25, 13:12   Link #4
finalfury
Incognito

That Cliffhanger.
The Title of the Next Episode ==
Old 2013-05-25, 13:21   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
The Title of the Next Episode ==
Honestly, there are a lot of things I feel like should be said about this episode, but that title was the most striking to me as well. A title call is extremely important in fiction, and what was setup/foreshadowed in this episode suggests that next episode is a major turning point for the anime.

Probably need to watch the episode again, but this is basically an episode where all the fun stuff that happened in the episode is overshadowed by the cliffhanger.
Old 2013-05-25, 13:30   Link #6
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly, there are a lot of things I feel like should be said about this episode, but that title was the most striking to me as well. A title call is extremely important in fiction, and what was setup/foreshadowed in this episode suggests that next episode is a major turning point for the anime.

Probably need to watch the episode again, but this is basically an episode where all the fun stuff that happened in the episode is overshadowed by the cliffhanger.
I meant that a good majority of the fan base are going to have issues with the next episode if the title is anything to go by.
But I can see your point. "The calm before the storm" sort of scenario was what this episode represented.
Old 2013-05-25, 13:31   Link #7
Wilshere

Cant wait for next week, bye bye Kureneko!!!! Now Kirino all the way!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-05-25, 13:58   Link #8
Entravity

Can't say I didn't expect that ending when Kuroneko showed that picture of Kirino and Kyousuke. Right, well the next episode is going to have shit go down. Waiting for the drama.
Old 2013-05-25, 14:04   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
But I can see your point. "The calm before the storm" sort of scenario was what this episode represented.
Rather than "the calm before the storm", I would say it's more like "the approaching storm".

(I'm going to put this in spoiler tags due to talking about plot details, but there are no references to anything other than the anime. Just in case anyone is reading this thread without first watching the episode -- which you really shouldn't do.)
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2013-05-25, 14:37   Link #10
Parappashi
Happy Member

I've never had a smile drop from my face so fast as to when I saw that final note. Can't say I wasn't expecting something like this but still...

At least the title of the next episode looks promising.
Old 2013-05-25, 14:47   Link #11
Valky
Radioactive

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-25, 15:09   Link #12
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
OMFG, wtf ending. kuroneko
Old 2013-05-25, 15:09   Link #13
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Spoiler:
Well, I think she already had an episode earlier... but otherwise, your question seems better suited for Spoiler & Speculation.
Old 2013-05-25, 15:23   Link #14
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels, Episode 8:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-25 at 15:52. Reason: more descriptive spoiler tag label
Old 2013-05-25, 15:31   Link #15
GDB

Great episode. Kuroneko was lovely as expected. I can see why people are fond of Hinata now too; cute little rascal.
Old 2013-05-25, 15:33   Link #16
Yye1
Wide Right

Oh wow, Kyousuke and a non black ruri, that was fun

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-05-25, 15:33   Link #17
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, this show clearly showcased the wrong 'sister(s)'; Tama and Hina were really cute and really fun to watch =03. Kinda reminded me of Minami-ke(though I've never watched that series (>.>)...). Good ol' fashioned fun. I will admit though as much as I enjoy Kyoruri together, I did feel a sense of...boredom between the events. Maybe it was because of all the 'silent' moments of awkwardness that occurred during the episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
OMFG, wtf ending. kuroneko
This =0(. I mean, why? Why is her dream for Kyo and Kiri to be happy? Does she not care about her own happiness? I can only hope that the summer they've spent together motivates Kyo to at least try to change Kuro's mind should she actually go through with it.

Old 2013-05-25, 15:55   Link #18
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Cant wait for next week, bye bye Kureneko!!!! Now Kirino all the way!!!!!!!!!
Oh, a fellow Kirino fan. I knew there had to be one other to exist somewhere.

I agree with the second part of frubam's post concerning the ending... Kuroneko and Kyosuke don't seem to have terribly good chemistry together, at least not yet, but I do hope that the next episode(s) will justify Kuroneko's decision by making it seem like a necessary one, rather than just throwing away her own happiness when such a thing isn't required.

I'm glad to see the title call being used for the next episode rather than the series finale. The latter route would seem too predictable to me, so I'm glad that the final episode's title will be reserved for something more special and original; not to mention that title calling at this point has more power behind it because one wouldn't necessarily expect an episode placed at this point to have such importance (wheras it goes without saying that the very final episode would clearly be important). Oh, and the ending theme used for this episode was nice. It's my second favorite next to the ending theme used for the last episode of the original series (as in the final December 2010 episode, not the 'True Route' miniseries. I've always loved that little song, think it's very pretty).
Old 2013-05-25, 17:43   Link #19
VTP-DDM

Quote:
I will admit though as much as I enjoy Kyoruri together, I did feel a sense of...boredom between the events. Maybe it was because of all the 'silent' moments of awkwardness that occurred during the episode.
Quote:
Kuroneko and Kyosuke don't seem to have terribly good chemistry together, at least not yet,
I feel this is something that has been done very deliberately as a contrast to Kyousuke's relationship with Kirino and to create a sense that everything is okay when, under the surface, it isn't. It's not as exciting, but you do get the impression that things are going too well and that makes the twist at the end more a shock, I think, even if you can sort of guess that something was bound to happen.

Quote:
This =0(. I mean, why? Why is her dream for Kyo and Kiri to be happy? Does she not care about her own happiness?
The impression I got was that for her to be truly happy, she needs those closest to her to be happy, too, hence it being her "ideal world". She's someone who didn't have many close friends until she met Kyousuke, Kirino and Saori and she clearly values them, so it's not entirely surprising that she may view her own happiness as secondary.
Old 2013-05-25, 17:47   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ruri was so lovely in this episode. Her chuunibyou antics were entertaining as usual and her dates with Kyousuke were cute. The highlight for me was when they held hands. I didn't expect her to be so embarrassed over something so mundane. So pure! When I saw her in that Kamineko outfit, I immediately noticed the same thing as Kyousuke: her breasts looked bigger than usual. Did she stuff her bra as a result of the conversation they had last week? That's adorable.

Her little sisters were also amusing, especially Hinata. I had no idea she was like that. I'd love to see more of her.

The ending was not all that unexpected (that picture of Kyousuke and Kirino was a huge clue, and the girl who confesses first never wins anyway) but still disappointing. Ah well, I enjoyed it while it lasted, and so did Kuroneko I'm sure. She's a really good person, sacrificing her own happiness for the sake of those dear to her. Now to look forward to Kyousuke's reaction. He's going to be very confused.