AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-06-09, 03:41   Link #241
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
This is not a remake of the old one is it? Are they going to add more eps?
Its going to be 24 or 26 episodes (forgot which number).

Also from the trailer, it looks to be much more faithful to the game than the first anime.
Old 2006-06-09, 04:19   Link #242
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, well, the trailer doesn't show much..
It's gonna be 24 episodes.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 10:11   Link #243
DanielSong39

They'll probably choose the Ayu path again, but from the trailer... Ayu looks like a little kid hanging on to her big brother. Yuuichi and Nayuki - they look like they have a relationship.

Well, one can only hope.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 10:16   Link #244
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ouch... DAMN! Hmm... Who wins in this case?? The sibling or the loli? Hm... I think the trend favors the closest relative though
Old 2006-06-09, 10:20   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
24 episodes~

So that means we'll get a lot more out of each character's arc. There was stuff missing out of the 13 episode series.. so its pretty simple what they're gonna do.

I'm not to sure if they'll end the anime the same as the original or not.. its hard to think about what could happen this time around.
Old 2006-06-09, 10:38   Link #246
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

gah looks really nice and 24 eps means much better char development,
but i dont think i can handle watching it again this was my first romance anime and boy did it make me feel like crap after watching it. It was like a field day for death and the tragedies

Last edited by JanthraX^; 2006-06-09 at 12:05.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 10:58   Link #247
-Nyu-
Yozora

Ahh, there are animes which are much worse. Air i.e. I cry each time when I'm watching it -_-
I just started playing the Kanon game, which is of course not easy since I understand nothing
Ok, maybe a little because of ADGH and Atlas. And always this problems with switching my OS to Japanese non-unicode-_-
Hah, but tommorow I'll get my new Windows, XP Professional Multi Language, hope that'll solve the problems (currently using XP Home German).
I'm curious, when they'll finish the translation patch: http://www.haeleth.net/index.shtml
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 12:22   Link #248
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot

Also from the trailer, it looks to be much more faithful to the game than the first anime.
Awesome! Looks like we'll see more Ayu this time ~uguu!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 16:23   Link #249
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I thought that Ayu and Yuuichi were both approx. 17 yo. The only human loli I knew of was Shiori (age 15). Am I right?

More Ayu is always a good thing.
Old 2006-06-09, 22:42   Link #250
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
They'll probably choose the Ayu path again, but from the trailer... Ayu looks like a little kid hanging on to her big brother. Yuuichi and Nayuki - they look like they have a relationship.

Well, one can only hope.
Somthing called one sided The magazine looks like Animage I think....or Newtype. Yeah it will be closer to events in the game like Makoto's scene as you can see and ceretain shots of Ayu are from the game.

Yes more Ayu is good ^-^ I think they will spend 4 episodes at least per story. I'm hopingwe get to Saiyuri's too ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 23:11   Link #251
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm 80% sure that they'll follow Ayu's path in the anime.
Spoiler for Reason:

Still, I would love to see the Nayuki be the victor, but then again, I'm biased towards her. While I love Ayu, Nayuki wins in my book if only because she wears that very cute uniform while Ayu wears that parka, which is not all that bad but rather plain IMO. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 00:00   Link #252
orion

Actually, Nayuki winning would be a KgNE-like scenario and we already have that (Region 1 release = Rumbling Hearts). No need for a second one. Besides having a cousin win (I suspect 1st cousin in their case even though it isn't stated), lowers its chances for Region 1. It would be written off too quickly and negatively in Region 1 as "perverted" and "typical cliched ending for that sort of anime". Not the type of treatment that it deserves.

Ayu's ending is actually the most Region 1 friendly ending imo, the better one and the true ending. If this does get to Region 1, the target audience will be female most likely (just like Moon Phase). Region 1 females may not be the audience type to side with a cousin over Ayu. Also, Ayu is the character that alot of females will identify with. She was the most "normal" of those girls ,got alot of bad breaks and perservered.

I thought that Nayuki was childish and definitely needed to get a life. She is 17 yo and should have gotten over it.

I also thought that Shiori needed a good swift kick in the pants for acting the way she did.

Mai needed counselling imo.
Old 2006-06-10, 01:36   Link #253
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Shiori is ok. She got none other than the protagonist to get a kick outta her pants. Mai's got Kurata so not too much a concern. Nayuki and Ayu though are totally liability of the protagonist Yuuichi however.

At anyrate, anyone want to speculate how Saimoe 2K6 will be a sweep by KyoAni if things go right with Suzumiya Haruhi and Kanon v.2 making strong showings?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 05:33   Link #254
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Actually, Nayuki winning would be a KgNE-like scenario and we already have that (Region 1 release = Rumbling Hearts). No need for a second one.
Well, I loved KGNE to bits. If Nayuki's scenario is the same as Mitsuki's, I'd say go for it KyoAni! (Not like they'll listen to me anyways ^^; )

Quote:
Besides having a cousin win (I suspect 1st cousin in their case even though it isn't stated), lowers its chances for Region 1. It would be written off too quickly and negatively in Region 1 as "perverted" and "typical cliched ending for that sort of anime".
If they released Koi Kaze of all things (true honest-to-god blood incest AND loli XD), cousins ending still has a much greater chance. And hey, they did release Shrine of the Morning Mist here (and to a lesser exter, Card Captor Sakura even though the cousin thing was edited out), so cousin ending anime still has pretty high chances if the core of the story is good enough.

Quote:
If this does get to Region 1, the target audience will be female most likely (just like Moon Phase).
I find the part of Moon Phase terribly ironic. >_>

But like DanielSong said, all this really is wishful thinking. Too many Ayu fans would be outraged if Ayu's scenario doesn't follow through... (I'd laugh if some extreme otakus start peltering KyoAni studio with Taiyakis if it ever happened XD )

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 05:40   Link #255
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Just to add something.

Spoiler for For whoever doesn't know the previous Kanon ending:
Old 2006-06-10, 07:39   Link #256
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

People who think that the new Kanon anime might make it to R1 - just look at Air, and of course the previous Kanon anime.

Ayu' ending probably is the way to go, i just hope they tell the other girls stories in a different order to the first anime.
Old 2006-06-11, 03:18   Link #257
DanielSong39

Read the Kanon manga...

Nayuki has a MUCH more prominent role in that adaptation. Yuuichi and Nayuki have more of a "brother-sister" type relationship, and really make a great team... which is a lot more fun to see than Yuuichi interact with the girls all on his own.

I wouldn't mind an Ayu ending nearly as much, as long as they do Nayuki some justice. It's not good when you build someone up to be the female lead, only to throw her down the ditch at the end. But at least it wasn't as bad as AIR (or Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, for that matter).
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 04:34   Link #258
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Came across this scan. Notice the revision Yuichi.

(Just for a brief second I saw a little bit of Nayuki in Asakura)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 04:39   Link #259
orion

Nayuki never really felt like the main lead to me. It seemed to me that Ayu was doing the majority of the intros in the original anime. So it felt like to me that Ayu was the main female and the others were secondary. Nayuki seemed to me to be the supportive type with nothing much interesting happening until her mom gets injured. Then again, it was a short anime version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
People who think that the new Kanon anime might make it to R1 - just look at Air, and of course the previous Kanon anime.

Ayu' ending probably is the way to go, i just hope they tell the other girls stories in a different order to the first anime.
Well, I wouldn't license anything that sounds like the Bee Gees either.

Besides, the way anime licensing is overpriced, Key/Visual Arts prob asked for an outrageous sum and no one can afford it. But, Rumbling Hearts and Diamond Daydreams did make it over here so there's always hope.
Old 2006-06-11, 04:51   Link #260
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Besides, the way anime licensing is overpriced, Key/Visual Arts prob asked for an outrageous sum and no one can afford it.
Yup, and Key seem to ask for more than most, that's the main reason why Hirameki haven't tried translating any of the games yet too - the initial cost isn't justified by what little profit they'll make. Don't know where all this R1 talk's coming from all of a sudden, but I can't really see it either... even if KGNE proves to be a great success Air and Kanon are still different kinds of story - I remember watching KGNE myself then being recommended Kanon, going into it expecting something similar and not really enjoying the series because of that.
Spoiler:

Never actually even heard of Diamond so I can't really comment on that, but unless there's some relatively risk-free way to work out whether it'd be financially wise to invest in a series involving lots of cultural and mythological references along with very young-looking character designs and lots of tragedy, it probably won't happen.

Now I wonder if there's anywhere that ships Animage in a reasonable amount of time and doesn't charge 4 times the magazine's cost for shipping...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen