AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-26, 13:50   Link #1
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Aegisub Mascot

Hi,

For those who don't know me, I'm one of the two Aegisub founders (along with jfs), the software that most fansubbers use to make subtitles for anime.

For a long time, we've wanted to make a mascot for Aegisub - but we haven't really found any artist who was willing to do it (well, we did find two, but both eventually gave up and faded into oblivion...)

Since this forum has quite a few good artists, I've decided to give it a shot.

The "details" are available here: http://www.aegisub.net/2008/07/epic-of-aegisub-tan.html

If anyone is interested, please let me know by replying here or by leaving a comment on the blog!
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 01:28   Link #2
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
I heed thy call. It's the least I could do for you guys, who do so much for me.

While I can't provide you with a final version in SD/Tan form, I can give you a concept art, which I think will help you guys find someone who can draw in SD better than I can. It's not really that I wanted to complicate things, but I've found that I simply suck too much at drawing SD characters to even try. I do want to give you a colored, cleaner version of it, but I really can't make any promises right now - I'll be leaving the country and 3 days, and I'll be very busy until then. Then, it's 3 weeks of limbo, since all I'll have with me is a laptop with no internet connection. Sucks, of course, but I do need a vacation.

And I digress. Here it is. Feel free to suggest any changes and to use it however you want. Hopefully it's good enough to make the cut.

Spoiler:

Ps.: Yep, I suck at straight lines.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 14:55   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Awesome as always Zero!

If I could draw, I would most certainly submit something too!