AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-18, 18:44   Link #621
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well with his Geass Rollo is just too cheap, imagine if he was the one going one on one with Xingke. If they deliberately gave Lelouch's restrictions so the writing staff won't get lazy, I am just assuming that they did that with Rollo so Lelouch wouldn't have an "easy way out" fighter on his side.
Not really, have a sniper shoot Rolo.

Note that Rolo's geass has to be used in bursts and has a small cooldown period (is that even good to describe it?)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:46   Link #622
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that actually almost worked back in 4 though the whole thing was a set-up. And cooldown period is a good way to describe it though I don't think it is that long.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:47   Link #623
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

His condition gets worst the longer he fights, a large part of that is the Shenhu but I wonder if it is also some part due to his illness as well. As in even if he wasn't in the Shenhu, his condition would still get worst just not as bad. I just hope that Li lasts long enough to have a go at the Knight of One .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Not really, have a sniper shoot Rolo.

Note that Rolo's geass has to be used in bursts and has a small cooldown period (is that even good to describe it?)
The thing is noone really knows about Geass except Suzaku, so they wouldn't know to keep Rollo at range or what to expect.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:48   Link #624
blitz1/2

Quote:
His condition gets worst the longer he fights, a large part of that is the Shenhu but I wonder if it is also some part due to his illness as well. As in even if he wasn't in the Shenhu, his condition would still get worst just not as bad. I just hope that Li lasts long enough to have a go at the Knight of One .
Looking forward to this (potential best battle)

Old 2008-06-18, 18:51   Link #625
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the illness as well. It doesn't seem to be hurting things too much right now, but it will probably get worse with each episode.

And Li needs to fight Gino. Wait, we're already getting that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-18, 18:54   Link #626
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the illness as well. It doesn't seem to be hurting things too much right now, but it will probably get worse with each episode.

And Li needs to fight Gino. Wait, we're already getting that.
Wait are we?

A gyan against a mobile armor. Interesting...

Old 2008-06-18, 18:57   Link #627
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I believe so since Gino is fighting and they seem to have dropped Li. And it's really only funny if you've seen s-CRY-ed by Taniguchi which has the rival main characters having the same voice actors as Gino and Li.

Old 2008-06-18, 18:58   Link #628
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Which one is Ryuoh(sp?) and which one is Kazuma?
Old 2008-06-18, 19:00   Link #629
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Gino is Kazuma as well as the Kira Yamato and Taniguchis's mockery of him Michael Garret from GXS. And I should add that Canon is the spitting image of Michael which makes me think it's a homage.

Li is Ryuhou.

Old 2008-06-18, 19:03   Link #630
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Ahh, lol now that you mention it Canon does resemble Michael.
Old 2008-06-18, 19:05   Link #631
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It freaked me out the first time I saw him, but I figured it was just a homage by both Taniguchi and the main artist.

Old 2008-06-18, 19:10   Link #632
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It just didn't click for me that Michael's voice is Gino's they sounded pretty differant to me lol.

Michael had the one side of his hair is longer then the other type of hair but thier faces are pretty similar, come to think of it their uniforms are fairly similar too isn't it?
Old 2008-06-18, 19:13   Link #633
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They do sound a little different, but then neither sounds like Kazuma either. I wonder why they decided to pay homage to him of all people though.

Old 2008-06-18, 19:15   Link #634
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It's been awhile since I saw scryed but Ryuhou doesn't really sound much like Li either from what I remember. Could be just a coincidence.
Old 2008-06-18, 19:22   Link #635
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

oh, lol. I never realized Gino's voice actor (Hoshi Souichiro) is the same one who did Kazuma (s-CRY-ed), Keiichi (Higurashi), Kira (Gundam SEED). He voices Brera (Macross F) too but he's barely spoken in the show, so. Hoshi just didn't sound as young(?) for me to pick up that it was the same person.

Now I want an epic showdown between Xingke and Gino. Do it, Sunrise. D:
Dynzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 19:31   Link #636
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
It's been awhile since I saw scryed but Ryuhou doesn't really sound much like Li either from what I remember. Could be just a coincidence.
I think he sounds a bit like him at times, but of course it's a different character so they won't sound the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynzel View Post
Now I want an epic showdown between Xingke and Gino. Do it, Sunrise. D:
Well, I doubt we'll see anything too amazing. You can't top what was happening in s-CRY-ed and this show is not some super robot show like GaoGaiGar or TTGL where the battles can get very epic.

Old 2008-06-19, 00:34   Link #637
Crisis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Man what bullshit did I just read. Xingke Li is just an example of an egoist. The only reason he helped the empress is for himself... Not for China fucking idiot.

He ain't much different from Lelouch in the beginning who did it all for Nunalee. But even then Lelouch is the superior char cause he ain't doing it for Nunalee alone anymore, Lelouch has grown! Xingke Li won't have the chance as trashchar... And did I read right, you actually think that Lelouch just uses his people like pawns. Man I think it's been pointed out enough that Lelouch ain't like the emperor and actually cares for his troops but is levelheaded enough to know when something is a lost cause or has to be done.

And superior to both Lelouch & Suzaku in every aspect, biggest joke ever. Just cause Lelouch says he was blessed bye both sides doesn't mean that he's actually superior in either side to them... (rather the opposite) He had an advantage that battle cause he knew the area and Lelouch underestimated him. Just like that ofcourse Karens knightmare had to run out of power. So they decided his win would be rather over luck then real ability...

I think he's even in league with Suzaku for biggest retard in Geass. A peasant that falls in love? with the empress or wants to repay her kindness? or what exact reason he has... A peasant that wasn't even smart enough to realize that he wouldn't have been able to recover the princess and afterwards would be backstabbed back bye those Eunuchs & Brittania. If he was really smart he would've just went with his troops to Lelouch side and ask him to be the princess personal bodyguard. Lelouch could've had used the retard in so many ways but the retard was to stupid to realize that he would never been able to take the empress outside. Heck he had more chance in getting what he want from Lelouch then from the Eunuchs and Brittania. Cheer for retard.
You made too many assumptions, all Xingke wanted to do was to get the Empress away from the filthy Eunuchs, he didn't intend to marry her or anything. He wanted to repay her for saving his life. She spare his life when he was about to be executed.

And how do you know if Xingke would've have given the Empress back to the Brittannians and the Eunuch, he hates them both greatly. Once he got the Empress, he would probably turn on the Eunuchs or escape with the Empress when given an opportunity.

You sound more like the retard to me, you rant like a whore going through PMS.

If Lelouch cared about his people so much? If he just ditched them in the near end of the battle for Nunally. He could've waited only a short bit longer to achieve decisive victory and then retrieve her. He probably knew well that they're were gonna lose without him.

Don't you recall the time when he planted a mine in the sakuradite tanker that the Black Knights were hiding in without them knowing until its too late and is soon covered up as a suicide?

Oh yeah, like Xingke gonna bow down to Lelouch after putting the young empress hostage at gunpoint. Lelouch owed Xingke a favor, and he returned the favor by using him as a tool, then laughing at Xingke and calling him a fool.

Xingke had his army taking over the city, he could've gotten away with Empress if it weren't for the Black Knights.

Oh and about Karen, when she was about to use her arm to kill him, He said that he had no choice, but to kill her. I'm pretty sure he had some counter attack ready for her, since he was the one who quickly figured out her identity as Guren's pilot and he's probably has seen her moves. If you know what your enemy is gonna do, then you know what you must do to counter.

Now STFU!!
Crisis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 07:55   Link #638
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Lelouch's leadership and tactical abilties is what made the Japanese follow him, not his geass. Those are the major reasons for his success, though his certainly helps. He may have had a harder time of it, but it doesn't mean he would sit around and do nothing had he not have met C.C.
Really? Without his Geass would you like to tell me how he would have gotten a KMF to talk to the revolutionaries and begin his plan?

Quote:
My response was to your idea that there are somehow rules and that "heart" and compassion has a place in war. There is no such thing as a "clean" war, it is just a matter of whose better at keeping their dirt in the closet better then others when the dust settles. Results are what ultimately the thing that matters most, although Lelouch was dangerously close to becoming what he hated in following his path of carnage.
I understand that and all, but that makes Lelouch just as bad then doesn't it? Which was the whole point to what I am saying.

Quote:
Only thing I would add is that again Suzaku has not really been doing much to change the system from within.
Hard to when Zero keeps messing everything up and making the rift between Britannians and Numbers WORSE.

Quote:
The SAZ does not count in my book for the simple reason that, what they are doing is basically what we did to the Native Americans. Shove them onto a reserve to keep them happy.
What? lol. First off, the Native Americans did NOT want to go into any of those reserves. They were FORCED to. To make them happy? That is ridiculous. Someone should check their history.

The SAZ was NOT mandatory. They got to choose to go on their own and you know what? Before Lelouch couldn't shut his mouth, it garnered massive support by the Numbers so I don't really know where you get this.

Quote:
And again it was Nunally who restarted the SAZ, not Suzaku, and initially Suzaku even questioned her about it.
Suzaku questioned her because he was worried at what might happen. It didn't quite end on good terms last time now did it?

Quote:
You're right, before he came along no numbers can be a knight, must less a knight of a Princess. Now heres the question, what exactly has changed for the better for the Japanese because of it? Would another number be able to become a Knight, or afforded the chance he was?
Check Episode 20 again then. Feelings were split by the Elevens between supporting Britannia, or supporting Zero all because of what Suzaku was able to accomplish. Whether anyone else would have gotten a shot like Suzaku did does not matter if they believe it to be so.

Quote:
Suzaku may not be a Zero fan but one of the points I got from R2 was that his anger towards Zero has diminished and he actually wants some answers from Lelouch as to why he chose to do that to Euphie when someone like him could have chosen a differant way.
lol... His anger diminished... Do you honestly believe it is that easy?

Quote:
My point about the million Zero incident that you seem to be missing was that, he at first thought that the right thing to do would be to suppress them, but he used the fact that Euphie and Nunnally wanted to forgive him, I will restate this, he let the Zeros go because Euphie and Nunnally wanted to give Zero forgiveness rather then to take revenge.
Again, would he have done it anyway? I highly doubt it. That is the point. He doesn't like killing people as it is.

Quote:
Now flash forward to crazed tablefap questioning why isn't he taking revenge for Euphie. He's behing indecisive right there, instead of breaking those two points apart in your reply read them together.
Again, being human should not be a weakness. He is conflicted like any human would be after what has happened to him, but did he let it get the better of him? Obviously not since he didn't let Crazy Nina attack.

Quote:
Oh and there was the incident with the execution order for the soldier that tried to kill him that Anya had to sign because he couldn't make up his mind.
Again, Suzaku does not like killing people. Go back and check when he was supposed to kill Toudou. He was shaking like a leaf.

Quote:
Now about Schneizel, I don't take anything he does at face value. He is too much like Lelouch and he just hasn't shown up enough to get a really good read on him yet. I mean having crazy Nina make him a nuke does not really scream good will to mankind to me. Allthough he does seem decent enough so far.
True. We will just have to wait and see.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:12   Link #639
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis7 View Post
You made too many assumptions, all Xingke wanted to do was to get the Empress away from the filthy Eunuchs, he didn't intend to marry her or anything. He wanted to repay her for saving his life. She spare his life when he was about to be executed.
I agree with you on this point.

Quote:
And how do you know if Xingke would've have given the Empress back to the Brittannians and the Eunuch, he hates them both greatly. Once he got the Empress, he would probably turn on the Eunuchs or escape with the Empress when given an opportunity.
He was bein followed by 3 Knights of the Round Schniezel, the Avalon and the Chinese Army, he really didnt have much of a chance of getting away if he recaptured Tianzi.

Quote:
Please stop insulting people on the forum its annoying and it make you look like an idiot and a jerk.

Quote:
If Lelouch cared about his people so much? If he just ditched them in the near end of the battle for Nunally. He could've waited only a short bit longer to achieve decisive victory and then retrieve her. He probably knew well that they're were gonna lose without him.
If you look at it from Lelouch's perspective it made sense, also if it was reversed with Li and a captured Tianzi in that situation im willing to bet that Li would do the exact same thing.

Quote:
Don't you recall the time when he planted a mine in the sakuradite tanker that the Black Knights were hiding in without them knowing until its too late and is soon covered up as a suicide?
Get your facts straight those weren't Black Knights, the were leaders of the JLF and he needed them to die to be able to continue his rebellion and to recruit Toudou and the Shishiken. Also its not like he just killed them and said it was suicide he felt bad about doing it, just watch the part right before he blew them up.

Quote:
Oh yeah, like Xingke gonna bow down to Lelouch after putting the young empress hostage at gunpoint. Lelouch owed Xingke a favor, and he returned the favor by using him as a tool, then laughing at Xingke and calling him a fool.
I agree, Li probably wont bow down to Lelouch but I'm pretty sure they're gonna end up allies. The only way I could see him bowing down to Lelouch is if Tianzi told him to.

Quote:
Xingke had his army taking over the city, he could've gotten away with Empress if it weren't for the Black Knights.
Not really, theres still the KoR members, Schniezel, the Avalon and the rest of the Chinese army that didnt betray them, Li's chance of getting away isnt really that great.

Quote:
Oh and about Karen, when she was about to use her arm to kill him, He said that he had no choice, but to kill her. I'm pretty sure he had some counter attack ready for her, since he was the one who quickly figured out her identity as Guren's pilot and he's probably has seen her moves. If you know what your enemy is gonna do, then you know what you must do to counter.
I agree with this, I think Karen was being concieted more than anythingelse, she probably could've stopped it or gotten away in some manner if her energy filler hadn't run out. Also he didn't figure out that Karen was the Guren's pilot he already knew, from the time that the Black Knights were in the Chinese Consulate.

Quote:
Now STFU!!
As i said before don't insult people on the forum its annoying and it makes you seem like an idiot and a Jerk.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:35   Link #640
seiji_kun

Quote:

Man you seem way more retarded then me... I already said, if it's was cause he fell in love with her or repay her kindness who gives a fuck tbh, it was still for his own egoistic reasons. Man he's just an other Nina, peasant who idolizes royalty after an act of kindness.... And escape with the empress. Get real, the eunuchs or Brittanian would never had allowed that and they even had no place to escape. And his knightmare would run out of power anyway or he would've died of overusing it clearly... Wasn't he coughing enough blood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis7

I don't know what you're shitting about but Lelouch always protects the people close to him, if you really want to denie it again I can look up for the examples... He ain't a saint, he tries to keep the citizens out of line of fire as much as possible.

And that sakuradite tanker, I would've done the same without a moment of hesitation. It was a calculated decision he had to make, theire was a 0% of saving them. So he could've gone into a proper battle and lose troops and not even do half of the damage that exploding that tanker would do or lose no troops and wipe out a lot of enemy troops. Extreme but without doubt the smartest choice. And pls explain me how they were Lelouch his people? Seeing he didn't had anything to do with them personally and they weren't even part of his black order.

Quote:

Man I don't know how old you are, but if you don't understand politics then stfu. Xingke had no real chance of winning against Brittania, so everyone with a clear head can make the conclusion that he wouldn't have gotten far with that princess. Or is that peasant with almost no political influence really gonna escape from Brittania? And Lelouch had to hold that gun to her head or else Suzaku/Xingke could've just take her away in 5 secs. And the favor he did to Lelouch, became a disadvantage as soon as Brittania proposed that wedding. I wouldn't repay a favor if it the favor backfires immediately. It's like a cokedealer lending his lab to an other dealer when it's gonna be raided the next day.

Quote:

Now STFU!!
Who'se the one making assumptions. For all we know his counterattack could fail or be countered. I wonder how many times I saw someone getting owned when he just states that he's gonna own the other one...
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, favorite