AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-18, 20:53   Link #21
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

It did judder and slow down a bit, and have odd occasional glitches now and then, but by and large completely playable. Like you say nothing compared to MM though

Can't wait for my copy to hit the postbox
Just a shame apparently all the preorder UK CD's have gone, because I do like memorabilia like that; got both the GC discs.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 23:18   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This is awesome

yea he named his daughter Zelda.................... and you know what.. dye her hair blond, give her elf ears.. and she would make a good cosplayer

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-18 at 23:30.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 19:01   Link #23
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Heh, amusing. At least it's a good name though unlike some names parents use to name their kids after. Wonder if she got any grief for it though - prolly not considering who her dad is. Pretty though.

ALso, wtf at his beard, lol I didn't recognise him until I saw the title. Had to go back and watch it again to double check. That is an epic beard.
Old 2011-06-19, 19:08   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Heh, amusing. At least it's a good name though unlike some names parents use to name their kids after. Wonder if she got any grief for it though - prolly not considering who her dad is. Pretty though.

ALso, wtf at his beard, lol I didn't recognise him until I saw the title. Had to go back and watch it again to double check. That is an epic beard.
Yea his beard is WOOOOAHH hehe, its for a play i belive.
Old 2011-06-19, 20:24   Link #25
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Who's he playing, Santa Claus?
Old 2011-06-20, 00:09   Link #26
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Whoa, I would've posted earlier but I literally got sucked into nostalgia lane for a shameful amount of hours. The soundtrack offer seemed to be a little broken on the site, but Nintendo quickly remedied the situation by going through their databases and offering them to the people who registered the game while there was still CDs left. Happy to say, I'll be getting too, it seems.

As for the game itself; holy bawls this looks damn good. The 3D is jaw dropping compared to the other games- depth, things like Cuccoo feathers flying out at you, and the improved graphics makes everyone actual look like they're in one piece. Of course, nothing bad can be said about the original N64 look; that polygonal look is just so charming. Either way, I feel like this didn't do the original any injustice. They even left in all the ridiculous bits that made me laugh at 2 AM, waking up my parents (and now coincidentally, my roommate). That scene where you slowly back away from Saria on the bridge and sprint away always seemed like a big cartoon joke, and it just hit me in a strange, hilarious way. Then there's those characters that are doing absolutely ridiculous things even if you haven't given them any reason to, like the workers in the cities prancing about like they're spreading super-rainbowy-sunshine happiness.

Overall, this game is fantastic, but only can I say that from my own perspective. If you've never played Zelda games before, this is a fantastic way to enter the series. However, I would recommend you play the older games before that. The controls in this version seem a lot better (because that was one of the focuses, after all), and even the people who complained about the original game's inventory screen being tedious (obviously they've never played Zelda's Adventure or Resident Evil 4) have nothing left to complain about.

Amazing purchase from my somewhat biased point of view, and it even comes with the most extras I've received up to date. That's probably because I never start with a boxed set or premium version purchase, but all I did was preorder this game and I get a 50 track soundtrack and a large, badass poster as well. The CD is on its way (knowing Purolator, it's a good 2-3 weeks away), and the poster is happily joining the game section of my poster wall. Playing this game also made me want to dive into all of my previous Zelda titles again, so I give it an extra thumbs up for that.
Old 2011-06-20, 02:38   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The inventory screen screen is one of the best parts about the 3D version. The fact that you don't have to add the Ocarina to one of your item slots is just one of the reasons why.
Old 2011-06-20, 03:22   Link #28
Ending

I like the graphics, but they should had also made other improvements. Water Temple could had used several.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 03:24   Link #29
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Water Temple could had used several.
But then what would we as whiny, nitpicking gamers complain about?

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-06-20 at 03:35.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 06:52   Link #30
Sides

Just for the kicks

Zumba beats Zelda in the UK charts
I reckon a lot people have put on weight over the cold months in the UK ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 07:19   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Didn't people complain about the water dungeons in the original?
Old 2011-06-20, 12:26   Link #32
drsypher

I managed to get the game yesterday morning despite having not pre-ordered. I went in around 5 minutes after they opened and they only had one extra copy when I went up, so I'm glad I got up early for once. I also didn't have any problems getting the soundtrack, so I'm pretty happy about that.

As for the game, having never actually played this specific game before (I've played other Zelda titles, just not this one for whatever reason), I didn't have any nostalgia. However, it had this magical feeling as if I was a little kid playing this game for the first time and never seeing anything like it for some reason. I got sucked into it and I already really love it. The 3D is fantastic and even without it, the graphics look damn good, though I think I'll keep playing it with the 3D on. The game as a whole, not just the graphics, is so good so far for me.

I was kind of skeptical about buying this at first, really. I didn't pre-order because, even though I've played and loved the other 3D Zelda games like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, I wasn't sure I'd buy this game. But as you can tell, I'm really, really glad I did. It kind of makes me feel a little bad that I missed this when I had my N64, but at least I finally get to play it and enjoy it now. And next time, I'll be sure to pre-order as that was a pretty close call.

Last edited by drsypher; 2011-06-21 at 01:20.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 02:28   Link #33
Ending

Quote:
But then what would we as whiny, nitpicking gamers complain about?
Hrmmm... The lack of booty? Surely the lonely farmgirl, princess, and all-female harem nation would come up with a better way of saying "thank you" than just handing out another mission?
Old 2011-06-21, 02:46   Link #34
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hrmmm... The lack of booty? Surely the lonely farmgirl, princess, and all-female harem nation would come up with a better way of saying "thank you" than just handing out another mission?
Yeah, that's right! Where's our obligatory sexual content, overly dramatic violence, and lack of exposition and juxtaposition? I DEMAND MORE OR I'M SWITCHING TO PLAYSTATION.

- Signed, your average (yet decently knowledgeable) gamer.
Old 2011-06-21, 02:50   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
There's plenty of shouta material though.
Old 2011-06-21, 03:20   Link #36
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This is awesome

yea he named his daughter Zelda.................... and you know what.. dye her hair blond, give her elf ears.. and she would make a good cosplayer
Quote:
Here's both father and daughter talking about it and the game.

Quote:
Williams has a long beard because he is starring in the Broadway run of the play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo.
Old 2011-06-21, 05:38   Link #37
Ending

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-21, 05:55   Link #38
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Random things that makes OoT3DS a better game than the original:
  • 4 items Space
  • Iron boots as an item
  • slightly faster walking speed underwater w/iron boots

On a related note, I am nostalging so hard since I even remember all the lines of the game.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote