AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-24, 12:31   Link #1
Gundamx

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Author: Takeoka Hazuki
Artist: Tiv
Genres: Comedy, Harem, Romance, School Life, Shounen

Synopsis from Mangaupdates:
Quote:
Makabe Masamune has changed himself greatly for a single reason: he wants revenge. Contrary to his past, he has worked hard to become good-looking in order to carry out this goal. Faster than anticipated, he even meets the target of his revenge the first day after transferring in.. Adagaki Aki! He wastes no time beginning his plan, but revenge doesn't come easily
In other word: Fat ass got dumped like trash >>>> start his plan to get revenge from his crush .

And as someone else said: it's like Accel World where Kuroyukihime is a bitch.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 13:55   Link #2
aswad

intresting first chapter enjoyed it to be rather amusing that his 3 step plan and his lolli cute mother who can be mistaken for the youngest child in the house
aswad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 15:06   Link #3
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the first half was kinda interesting, i liked the funny/realistic approach it had, but in the second half it hinted that it is going for the generic harem with the love/hate relationship between hero and heroin, thats not necesarily a bad thing, but one im got tired a while ago, im gonna read the next chapter to see if im actually wrong or not.
Old 2012-12-24, 17:49   Link #4
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I really liked the contrast between our "hero?" and the guy that resorted to violence. It seems like it could be interesting if done right. (I'm putting my bets on the trap ) I'm digging the idea of a protagonist that isn't completely worthless at life yet still has room to grow. I get tired of the guy with no redeeming qualities yet still somehow manages to build a harem because he's kind or some other ridiculous reason. The protag isn't perfect, but he's the kind of guy who will change the things in himself that are lacking and I like that.

P.S. with a cute loli mother who shows her love with donuts, who wouldn't get a little chubby >.<
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 18:00   Link #5
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well I just read the first chapter, its quite interesting. Makabe Masamune started out overweight and got his heart torn apart by the girl he loves. Fast forward to the setting, he improves himself and plans on revenge by making the girl who tore his heart fall in love with him by rejecting her advances. Quite interesting indeed, haven't read any manga where the protagonist starts off pathetic and becomes an ideal person in the harem series.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 18:12   Link #6
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Hmm I tried out the first chap, will have to read a bit more before I decide how it is
But so far am liking the MC's attitude, which still has room for improvement it seems
Old 2012-12-24, 18:21   Link #7
Xion Valkyrie

Well, the main character sure got found out fast. Now they each hold a secret of the others, I guess it's going to become a 2-way battle. Although, I get the feeling that his flashback isn't exactly accurate. The girl seems like a SUPER tsundere so maybe what she said back then wasn't really what she was actually feeling, and the whole thing is a big misunderstanding.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 18:39   Link #8
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, the main character sure got found out fast. Now they each hold a secret of the others, I guess it's going to become a 2-way battle. Although, I get the feeling that his flashback isn't exactly accurate. The girl seems like a SUPER tsundere so maybe what she said back then wasn't really what she was actually feeling, and the whole thing is a big misunderstanding.
I thought so as well, but after seeing what she did to that one dude who sent her a love letter and how she treats a school girl like a servant. I really think that is her genuine personality. Still, after the first chapter each side now got a secret of the other party. From what I heard from spoilers, it seems like Adagaki Aki had fallen in love with Makabe Masamune, but Aki's followers does so as well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 21:10   Link #9
NeutralZero

Like the initial ch1 so far...
But kinda boring that his secret is already out...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 21:17   Link #10
kasimmorathi

Not so sure about the main female character yet; if her reactions toward men are genuine or if it is a typical shounen set up where she is rejecting everyone except for the protagonist.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 21:34   Link #11
Xacual

I guess I must be the only one thinking that it wasn't the heroine that sent the note.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 21:38   Link #12
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I guess I must be the only one thinking that it wasn't the heroine that sent the note.
I was thinking this as well. It could be her but it maby be someone else who knew them.

Also for anyone who reads chinese, the chinese chapters 1 and 2 are up

Last edited by SoloPanda; 2012-12-24 at 21:49.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 00:47   Link #13
Insane
Banned

I want the mother! Give her to meeeeee!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 08:25   Link #14
blade82

no way but i can give you the trap
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 19:49   Link #15
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I loved the premise but I'll put it on the maybe pile for now. Based on my knowledge of rom coms, I really don't like where I think this is going. If he goes through with it an crushes her then I'll pick it up, if he just hears a sob story and forgives her then I'll save myself the disappointment. I try my best to stay clear of things that will piss me off.
Old 2012-12-27, 20:06   Link #16
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, something about the premise bothers me .. I haven't read it yet but if he was a fat pathetic slob that didn't take care of himself then he deserves to be rejected harshly (but not cruelly) ..

I mean, the premise is that he managed to do something to better himself right? Why are people so negative sometimes .. Eye for an eye results in everyone going blind
Old 2012-12-28, 01:28   Link #17
Valky
Radioactive

It's good. The drawings are great, the story seems interesting. Love and Revenge, huh. Another twisted love story it seems, nice.
Old 2012-12-29, 11:50   Link #18
Gundamx

Ch02 raw up
Spoiler for Ch 02:

Last edited by Gundamx; 2013-01-03 at 07:14.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:07   Link #19
Insane
Banned

I think it'd be better if that girl brought a cellphone diary and spouted "I'll murder whoever gets in our way!"
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:55   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well at least the MC is good looking

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bait and switch, harem, romance, tsundere, white knight protagonist