Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-15, 03:58   Link #1
xzpwnz
(¬‿¬)

Battle Through the Heavens (WN)

斗破苍穹
One of my favorite chinese xianxias along with Against the Gods and Long Live Summons

Raws
Translation

In a land where no magic is present. A land where the strong make the rules and weak have to obey. A land filled with alluring treasures and beauty, yet also filled with unforeseen danger. Three years ago, Xiao Yan, who had shown talents none had seen in decades, suddenly lost everything. His powers, his reputation, and his promise to his mother. What sorcery has caused him to lose all of his powers? And why has his fiancee suddenly shown up?

The usual xianxia old grandpa sealed within an object guides the protagonist, but it's pulled off well

Spoiler for Those only following the current translations:

Also, both harem and op protag
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 07:49   Link #2
havensgate
skull one

Isn't BTTh already has a thread xz-san? Or maybe it's Mantua that already has?
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 08:27   Link #3
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^previously combined manhua and novel, now separate

is there ero in the novel? no ero no read~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 08:55   Link #4
havensgate
skull one

Ero? Hmmm...... As far as translated chapter.....
Does what happened after Mc and his woman eating grilled fish that seasoned with aphrodisiac count?
Damn.. That a lot different compared to Manhua
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 09:08   Link #5
arthand

does anyone know if the main character will have full dou qui armor , what will happen to purple wings when he learns lightning wings ?
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 09:10   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Xianxia's manhua are all infantilized, they suck Orc's Balls...

and the Aphrodisiac thing doesn't count, they didn't go all the way~
Old 2015-08-15, 09:16   Link #7
LKK

I changed the thread title to indicate that this thread is dedicated to discussion of the web novel, not the manhua which will still be discussed in the Manga forum's thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 10:18   Link #8
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Does this series end with a harem? Because i can't help but love Xiao Yi Xian, especially seeing her in the manhua.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 10:22   Link #9
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Does this series end with a harem? Because i can't help but love Xiao Yi Xian, especially seeing her in the manhua.
Somewhat.

Spoiler:
Old 2015-08-15, 10:25   Link #10
xzpwnz
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^previously combined manhua and novel, now separate

is there ero in the novel? no ero no read~
There is, he even has two kids with two different wives later on
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 10:31   Link #11
cadu_

The meeting with Yun Yun was much better because of the aphrodisiac part.
Old 2015-08-15, 10:36   Link #12
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpwnz View Post
There is, he even has two kids with two different wives later on
ow great~ definitely read it later
Old 2015-08-15, 10:56   Link #13
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
The meeting with Yun Yun was much better because of the aphrodisiac part.
Damn shame the manhua cut that part out yet add some ridiculous skinships later. Seriously.
Old 2015-08-19, 01:20   Link #14
s.a.w..

Can anyone list the effects of the essence flames that will appear in the story? Also what happens when Xiao Yan fuses essence flames? Does the combined flame simply have more power and the basic effects of the base flames or what? Also, since when I asked this on the Manhua thread someone told me that I wasn't paying attention to the story, the only ones mentioned in the manhua and translations so far is the fallen heart essence flame that causes mental? damage, the earth lotus flame? that seems to simply draw on the power of the earth and isn't all that clear in the manhua aside from turning him into a red crystal hulk when he absorbed it, the freezing flame which essentially holds the power to (freeze?)burn things and maybe help with the control of temperature when making pills, and the demon purification flame which all I know is that it purifies contaminants.

Someone also mentioned an essence flame for aging ingredients.

Last edited by s.a.w..; 2015-08-19 at 01:21. Reason: Oh yeah...
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 19:57   Link #15
Armando99

I tried going trough the raws but they seemed to be inaccessible. I don't read Chinese but the raws seemed to be password protected or something like that. Anyone else having the same problem or how to fix this?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 20:40   Link #16
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
I tried going trough the raws but they seemed to be inaccessible. I don't read Chinese but the raws seemed to be password protected or something like that. Anyone else having the same problem or how to fix this?
You can read the manga you know -Dou Po Cang Qiong
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 00:24   Link #17
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
the one you got in to was probably qidian, which is the main website that host these chinese webnovels. it usually requires VIP/premium account to continue reading after certain chapters.

But most websites usually rips them to their site minutes~hours after they updated so there's still many alternate sites to read for free I guess. Sometimes a bigger problem would be finding a site that rips it wouldn't changing the words to avoid censorship problem. kinda hate it when many words get changed into pinyin or words with similar pronunciation, and China somehow have way too many words that would be censored...
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 23:30   Link #18
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

This novel is good up to the point he left his own continent, and from then on it's an endless loop of leveling up -> kill enemies -> leveling up -> kill enemies right up till the very end with little variation whatsoever.

Even so I enjoyed it enough to give it a 6 out of 10, except that the continuation of the series (yes, there is a Doupuocangqiong 2) is a complete garbage. NEVER read that piece of shit; I'd take a 3rd rate crap of a fanfiction than reading it ever again. It was that bad.
Old 2015-09-29, 00:47   Link #19
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
This novel is good up to the point he left his own continent, and from then on it's an endless loop of leveling up -> kill enemies -> leveling up -> kill enemies right up till the very end with little variation whatsoever.

Even so I enjoyed it enough to give it a 6 out of 10, except that the continuation of the series (yes, there is a Doupuocangqiong 2) is a complete garbage. NEVER read that piece of shit; I'd take a 3rd rate crap of a fanfiction than reading it ever again. It was that bad.
Hey man you can`t leave like that tell us why it`s garbage i didn`t even know there was a 2 in the first place is this a novel about his kids or something?
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 02:35   Link #20
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Hey man you can`t leave like that tell us why it`s garbage i didn`t even know there was a 2 in the first place is this a novel about his kids or something?
there's lots of random fanworks but they are written by fans. there's never an official part 2 unless you consider Wu Dong Qian Kun or Da Zhu Zai which are technically its continuation as part 2... Or maybe the Yao Chen story but thats more like part 0 I think
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem end, polygamy