AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-13, 05:27   Link #21
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizaki View Post
Finally something original isn't it? (No copying someone else at least)
Now I can change the cover
noooo I made a mistake... that cover... if you look at witches saying.. it was Japaneese!!!!!
Old 2016-08-13, 06:01   Link #22
Sizaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
noooo I made a mistake... that cover... if you look at witches saying.. it was Japaneese!!!!!
I'm not clear of what you mean, but when searching around, I found another cover under the same title and description :S
Spoiler for Cover:

Ok, the title is a little different, but pretty much the same meaning when using google translate. Well, I'm no expert so I'm just guessing here...

Edit: Oh, you mean the text bubble? It looks like japanese when I think about it -.-
I guess they stole it from something japanese and slapped the chinese title on it... Seriously, how much must they steal before they're happy?
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 06:41   Link #23
travelingbum

Quote:
I'm not clear of what you mean, but when searching around, I found another cover under the same title and description :S
Spoiler for Cover:

Ok, the title is a little different, but pretty much the same meaning when using google translate. Well, I'm no expert so I'm just guessing here...

Edit: Oh, you mean the text bubble? It looks like japanese when I think about it -.-
I guess they stole it from something japanese and slapped the chinese title on it... Seriously, how much must they steal before they're happy?
maybe chinese mobile game overwatch will become some kind of esport? lol

well anyway at least people won't have to see that giant dragon's crown art in the op.
wasn't there some kind of posting rule to spoiler/link/whatever those kind of big images so we don't get skewed by the size?
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 08:00   Link #24
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Spoiler for Cover:

this was great story. how does they messed up with stealing..

spoiler..
Spoiler for When You See This:

with Veronica engraved in it's barrel

You're Dead!!!
Old 2016-08-15, 08:23   Link #25
ungururuh

@Sizaki
Romance will happen, don't worry, the MC is not a dickless MC. You can call it a slow romance but there is a lot of character building. I am impressed to see good secondary characters in a chinese novel, and trust me, I red a lot of them.

You can technically add a harem tag to the novel if we are using the standard japanese rules for a "harem". As in multiple girls developing feelings for the MC.

@mufarasu
What is it that you desire to know?

People, if you desire to ask for spoilers then ask away, read all the chinese chapters (so far at ch. 251).
ungururuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 11:59   Link #26
obnuchious

1. how many are witches in his harem? and what are their elements?

2. what had happened to Pirate Princess?

3. did MC confronted the Church? if so, did he use/ask the witches to help?

4. does MC has links/connections with other countries?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 12:00   Link #27
madmanthan21

Also, what tech has he made so far?
madmanthan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 13:25   Link #28
ungururuh

@obnuchious
Spoiler:

@madmanthan21
Spoiler:

My conjecture about it being a true harem end
Spoiler:

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-15 at 14:19.
Old 2016-08-15, 14:55   Link #29
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

before he arm his army with AK 47. maybe it's better if he create gatling gun first... because technological difficulties to create Smokeless gunpowder...

LoL british grenadier evolved to Guerilla song...

oh Lightning and Macy quite funny..
Old 2016-08-15, 15:10   Link #30
ungururuh

@Prongs
Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-15, 15:25   Link #31
sacredriver

What kind of warriors does the Church has?
The MC has a younger sister? and she founded a witches country? how?
sacredriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 15:37   Link #32
Sizaki

Younger sister? You mean the portcity princess? Isn't she the one who poisoned him?
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 16:01   Link #33
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredriver View Post
What kind of warriors does the Church has?
The MC has a younger sister? and she founded a witches country? how?
The 5th Princess (our MC is the 4th Prince), the smart one.

She basically disappeared from everyone's view when the civil war started up. When she finally popped up again, it's revealed that she was a witch from the start and that she's been giving refuge to witches since a while ago.

After the civil war started up, she basically took her witches and left for the sea, and they ended up taking over a deserted island (previously not all that inhabitable due to high tides submerging a huge portion of it regularly, but witch powers solved that problem via a sea wall). She then leveraged that position to basically destroy every church stronghold in the islands, and is still currently building up, exploring, etc...

She's also pretty much the only one one of the MC's siblings who is currently allied with him, since both of them are pro-witch and anti-church from the start. They have regular communications thanks to one of her witches (bird transformation power) flying messages pretty much every month or so (said witch currently got seduced by the standards of living in MC's territory, so she's pretty much a permanent resident now apart from her regular message trips).

Most recently, their cooperation's gotten to the point where the MC's requested some of her witches come to his domain, and she agreed (she even sent him a catalogue of her witches and their powers. The current raw is at the point where the MC's reply has just been sent on the way). She does have good reasons beyond just niceness though:

See, sometimes, a witch's powers can undergo evolution and grow stronger with knowledge and understanding, and the MC with his modern scientific knowledge is a huge potential booster for that, to the degree that several witches under the MC already undergone power evolution (best example IMO isn't Anna, but Lily: Her original power is food preservation, but after she got a look through a microscope and learned a bit of microbiology, her power evolved into the creation of a microbe strain under her total control). The 5th princess is hoping to power up some of her own witches that way, and improving relations with her best ally is a nice side benefit too.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 16:50   Link #34
madmanthan21

OOOOO

Air superiority, does that mean we might see aerial warships? or just witches on a broomstick?
madmanthan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 19:26   Link #35
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanthan21 View Post
OOOOO

Air superiority, does that mean we might see aerial warships? or just witches on a broomstick?
Sort of.

The 3rd/4th witch to join the MC was Lightning, whose power was flight (she joined along with Wendy, with wind powers, at the same time). Ever since then, the MC's had aerial scouting, and he abused the hell out of that advantage every chance he got...

More recently, the MC's tech development has gotten to the point of hot air balloons, which were powered by Anna, but it was little more than a novelty at the time.

In the latest 2 chapters (just posted earlier today), the hot air balloons got a bit more development, and it looks like we're on our way towards airships: The MC's is planning on receiving witches from his little sister, and he wants a way to get them to his territory without having to deal with the Harbor City (which is very much not under his control and is pretty much the only harbor they can use). Thus, airship, so that he bypass that problem and simply pick up his new witches on a beach and ferry them over.

In that latest chapter, near the end, there was also a little imagine spot where the MC daydreams about airships dropping explosives on an invading Church army, so we can probably look forward to him weaponizing them sooner or later...
Old 2016-08-15, 21:44   Link #36
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Sort of.

The 3rd/4th witch to join the MC was Lightning, whose power was flight (she joined along with Wendy, with wind powers, at the same time). Ever since then, the MC's had aerial scouting, and he abused the hell out of that advantage every chance he got...

More recently, the MC's tech development has gotten to the point of hot air balloons, which were powered by Anna, but it was little more than a novelty at the time.

In the latest 2 chapters (just posted earlier today), the hot air balloons got a bit more development, and it looks like we're on our way towards airships: The MC's is planning on receiving witches from his little sister, and he wants a way to get them to his territory without having to deal with the Harbor City (which is very much not under his control and is pretty much the only harbor they can use). Thus, airship, so that he bypass that problem and simply pick up his new witches on a beach and ferry them over.

In that latest chapter, near the end, there was also a little imagine spot where the MC daydreams about airships dropping explosives on an invading Church army, so we can probably look forward to him weaponizing them sooner or later...
and when he got those petrolium... Internal Combustion engine will follow... And with the Internal Combustion Engine who knows what will came.. lol

my Impression of this Story..

Sid Meier ..Civilization FTW!!!!
Old 2016-08-16, 03:12   Link #37
obnuchious

^ that would be nice and all but I think that wouldn't happen at all since he ain't that knowledgeable about petrol ...just my guess . .

1. is MC still living in Border Town or did he managed to acquire the Stronghold?
2. do the pro-witch siblings got involved with the civil war or they somehow 'bypassed' it and got directly involved with only the Church?
3. based on the spoilers, there are now three locations of where witches are; Border Town, Island, and Wild/Mountain place (mentioned by Nightingale) . . . around how many witches does MC get from Wild?
Old 2016-08-16, 04:08   Link #38
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
^ that would be nice and all but I think that wouldn't happen at all since he ain't that knowledgeable about petrol ...just my guess . .

1. is MC still living in Border Town or did he managed to acquire the Stronghold?
2. do the pro-witch siblings got involved with the civil war or they somehow 'bypassed' it and got directly involved with only the Church?
3. based on the spoilers, there are now three locations of where witches are; Border Town, Island, and Wild/Mountain place (mentioned by Nightingale) . . . around how many witches does MC get from Wild?
1. Still Border Town. He did take the stronghold (Longsong), but he declined to relocate there. Instead, he assigned one of the nobles there as the governor (and set up a tax/tribute based on people and materials) and went back to developing the Border Town. Longsong was after all already developed with its population, social dynamic, and existing power structure, so he'd rather build something up from the start like with Border Town than to try to make all the changes he want with Longsong. This is especially true since one of his main goals is social acceptance of witches, and Longsong had a fairly strong Church influence when the MC conquered it...

2. 5th Princess is not touching the Civil War. She noped out at first opportunity and ran off to sea. She doesn't even deal with the Church aside from wiping them from the islands, which wasn't very hard since the Church's presence on the islands was very thin to begin with. Apart from that, the most she has to do with the mainland is her cooperation with the MC.

3. Oh boy, this is a bit of a doozy... Let's name all of the MC's witches in order of their joining as well as their power (because I can anticipate that getting asked at some point):
- Anna, fire. Evolves to a point where she does precision forging and machinery creation with it
- Nanawa, healing
- Nightingale, invisibility, lie detection, and magical sense
- Lightning, flight
- Windy (I originally wrote her as Wendy, but Windy might fit better), wind
- Leaf, plant control
- Scroll, perfect memory and temporary materialization of any book she's seen
- Hummingbird, weight reduction
- Soluya Zoen, [magic pen] perfectly draw anything without need of material. Evolves to object creation via 3d drawing
- Echo, sound imitation
- Lily, food preservation. Evolves to micro-bacterial minions
- Mystry Moon, magnetism (still mostly undeveloped and not practically usable)
- Maisie, bird transformation (technically sort of on loan from 5th princess)
- Lucia, material reversion (return objects to their composition), does not work on biological material (yet). Very recent acquisition, so likely to develop further.

Of these, Windy and Lightning arrives together, and the 7 from Leaf to Mystry Moon also came together sometime after. The 9 of them plus Nightingale were originally from the wilds

Last edited by Mechatrill; 2016-08-16 at 04:24.
Old 2016-08-16, 07:14   Link #39
obnuchious

thanks for the details .. so majority of them are from the wild . . . am guessing that MC had yet to visit the Wild personally? or some sort of elder/leader paid him a visit (besides the one mentioned in the spoiler about a witch killing of a bunch of Church goons)

still no Earth witch ... Earth + Echo [sonar, maybe?] (+ Mystry + Lucia) = better mining~~~

Lucia's ability could be used like in FMA ...in so far, just like Scar's early ability

Soluya, walking 3D printer then?
Old 2016-08-16, 07:50   Link #40
ungururuh

There are a few corrections and additions to be made but the details are good none the less. Many thanks Mechatrill

Spoiler:

Tags
action, fantasy, romance, slice of life, supernatural