AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 15:22   Link #1261
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaMinami View Post
hopefully if that will happen, really like the character style of the 1st one? do you happen to know what company animated the 1st and the other season?
1st season was Doumu, later seasons were Asread.

It's not really that they changed companies or designs for no reason. The plan always was to have seasons 1 and 2 back-to-back by two different companies working on it mostly separately, so Asread came up with their character design probably without knowing how popular season 1 would turn out to be.

As for why they contracted two companies, no one knows. My personal suspicion is that the publication company really wanted a two-cour 26 episode show and Doumu was only up for 13 episodes.

As for why season 3 was again Asread, there could be all kinds of reasons, so I'm just speculating. However, Doumu hasn't produced an anime since Minami-ke (Edit: They made Shiki this season. And I'm watching it too...), while Asread has done at least two others besides Okaeri in the interim. Also Okaeri was reportedly done with the assistance of some of Doumu's writing staff, so it doesn't seem like they were busy... I suspect Doumu may be having issues with funding or something. (Edit: just wanted to add that that much of the Minami-ke team (director, series composition guy, etc.) have been reconstituted under studio Bridge to do Mitsudomoe this season, so clearly not otherwise busy. Also, from what I've heard, Mitsudomoe crosses many lines, which confirms what I've always thought: they are some dirty, dirty minded people. Or at least somehow always end up doing these kinds of shows...)

Asread revamped the character designs again for Okaeri and, barring artwork issues, as Ithekro said, the designs for that season are actually the closest to the manga. For whatever that's worth.

Last edited by cicero; 2010-07-19 at 20:53. Reason: Should have checked this season's lineup first...
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 20:34   Link #1262
KanaMinami

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
1st season was Doumu, later seasons were Asread.

It's not really that they changed companies or designs for no reason. The plan always was to have seasons 1 and 2 back-to-back by two different companies working on it mostly separately, so Asread came up with their character design probably without knowing how popular season 1 would turn out to be.

As for why they contracted two companies, no one knows. My personal suspicion is that the publication company really wanted a two-cour 26 episode show and Doumu was only up for 13 episodes.

As for why season 3 was again Asread, there could be all kinds of reasons, so I'm just speculating. However, Doumu hasn't produced an anime since Minami-ke (Edit: They made Shiki this season. And I'm watching it too...), while Asread has done at least two others besides Okaeri in the interim. Also Okaeri was reportedly done with the assistance of some of Doumu's writing staff, so it doesn't seem like they were busy... I suspect Doumu may be having issues with funding or something. (Edit: just wanted to add that that much of the Minami-ke team (director, series composition guy, etc.) have been reconstituted under studio Bridge to do Mitsudomoe this season, so clearly not otherwise busy. Also, from what I've heard, Mitsudomoe crosses many lines, which confirms what I've always thought: they are some dirty, dirty minded people. Or at least somehow always end up doing these kinds of shows...)

Asread revamped the character designs again for Okaeri and, barring artwork issues, as Ithekro said, the designs for that season are actually the closest to the manga. For whatever that's worth.
Oh I see tenkyu for the info, Btw Daume also made the anime Ichigo Mashimaro right? that was also a good anime, but luckily unlike Minami-ke the studio didn't change though the style have been changed I think.

Lol and about Mitsudomoe, really that one was one heck of crazy show, really funny and weird. Young children doing some dirty work there lol staff must be some perverted people like you just said

Straight to the point they really have good ideas when it comes to laughing matters.

Both are really good comedy animes

is the fairy this coming season
// Sig by ganbaru
KanaMinami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 06:06   Link #1263
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Currently rewatching this, I love it. The only thing I can't really stand with Minami-ke is Chiaki. Don't misunderstand me Chiaki fans, she's cool and all...but the way she over idolizes Haruka and beats down on Kana pisses me off to no end. It wouldn't be as interesting if she was nice to Kana but I think she overdoes it. If it were me, I would never take it. Also, hearing "Haruka-neesama Haruka-neesama Haruka-neesama Haruka-neesama" gets annoying after a few episodes.

Thinking about picking up the manga after I've finished rewatching it. Is the anime related to the manga storywise? If so, where should I pick up after I finish Okaeri?
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 21:53   Link #1264
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
The only thing I can't really stand with Minami-ke is Chiaki.
Now I've heard everything. But it takes all kinds to make a world I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
Thinking about picking up the manga after I've finished rewatching it. Is the anime related to the manga storywise? If so, where should I pick up after I finish Okaeri?
The anime is based heavily on the manga, and usually adds stuff instead of changing or subtracting. The major exception here is Okawari, which changed a lot of chapters and added a lot of extra material. If your intention is to pick it up after Betsubara, then chapter 123 (i.e volume 7) is the place to start, but of course it hasn't been translated yet. Personally I'd recommend just starting with 1 and browsing through the stuff you've already seen quickly, since there are a few chapters which were never adapted, and a lot of others (particularly the Okawari ones) which were a lot different in the anime.
Old 2010-09-11, 16:51   Link #1265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Bakayaro.

Actually what volume/chapter is current these days?
Old 2010-09-11, 21:49   Link #1266
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Bakayaro.

Actually what volume/chapter is current these days?
You know, I thought about quoting one of your earlier Chiaki saimoe campaign posts as a response to Kaizo, but I decided that'd be too much. And around Chapter 155, I think.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:16   Link #1267
tyciol
*Artist

Chiaki is the epitome of moe.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 23:00   Link #1268
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
There's apparently a big announcement to come in Autumn in concern to the series.

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...0785477053.jpg
Anything on this yet?
Old 2011-11-02, 23:11   Link #1269
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Announcement:

This is exciting, and while details are sketchy it sounds like it might just be a TV rather than an OVA. Here's hoping they bring back the comedic titan Ohta Masahiko to direct, but I'll be happy to have another full cour of Minami-ke, whatever the details. As always, needs more Mako-chan.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 01:26   Link #1270
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All our hopes.
Old 2011-11-03, 16:56   Link #1271
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Don't expect too much.
The sole reason why season 1 was great while the other two are non-existent.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 17:23   Link #1272
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No need to be hard on the other two seasons. They had their good moments too.
Old 2011-11-03, 17:55   Link #1273
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Wow, a second fourth season is on it's way? Colour me surprised... o.o

I absolutely love Minami-ke. Yes, the second season was just ugh-worthy, whilst the third wasn't too spectacular but at least getting better. Nonetheless, those were still mildly enjoyable, and, as someone put it, more Minami-ke is good... :3

Goodness, 2012 really is gonna be an interesting year full of sequels and spin-offs, methinks... :S

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 17:37   Link #1274
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It has been quiet.
Old 2011-12-23, 20:37   Link #1275
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It has been quiet.
Well, nothing has happened. There is no news to speak of. Tri4 has picked volume 6+, for some reason, if you must make me say something.

I wonder what that news was supposed to be.
Old 2012-01-11, 14:52   Link #1276
Sxerks

There was reference to an animation by the cast members on the audio cd that came with Vol 9.

Also here is a list of chapters used in the anime.
Sxerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 16:41   Link #1277
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is lot of material.

(a lot of it I've not read)
Old 2012-03-19, 10:50   Link #1278
cicero

That autumn announcement turned out to be a Spring announcement...

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/03/19/m...fourth-season/

I will decide how enthusiastic to be when there is news of what studio it is.

Just keeping this thread updated.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:04   Link #1279
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

More Minami Madness is fine too.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:04   Link #1280
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I could care less about the studio as long as Ohta Masahiko is directing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life