AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-28, 04:49   Link #19741
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So a hit to the face would kill someone?

@ Box - I wanna do an MGS and IS one They it's not like they don't already fight tough bosses in that game.
Old 2012-01-28, 04:54   Link #19742
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, and even finger poke can smash average human skull.

EDIT: I believe anything less than tank armor can't withstand the full power of their punch (while MBT crew will be pissed instead that their armor has 'dent' )
Old 2012-01-28, 04:56   Link #19743
Eratas123

That's a problem How about a hit to the gut or stomach? Would that knock somebody out?
Old 2012-01-28, 04:59   Link #19744
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Still deadly considering the sheer force involved. Of course, I believe there's enough precision that Ichika can exert just enough force to make them unconscious.
Old 2012-01-28, 05:07   Link #19745
Eratas123

@ Sekpai - Alright, guess I'll have to use that excuse. That'll make it hardr to do fighr scenes later on, though. Man, IS tech is complicated.
Old 2012-01-28, 05:10   Link #19746
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm for 2nd shift of Shenlong, what if Souten Gagetsu is completely given up on?

Instead the impact cannons become sort of like ball and chain weapons? The impact cannons hyper compress air via magnetic fields and they can fire from only one opening like a normal cannon or fire from multiple holes to emulate explosives, or the recoil from the shots can be used to accelerate the ball when it is thrown. The aesthetic tail thingy I wanted to add to the cannons become the chain/handle of the weapon :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 05:11   Link #19747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I learn to put some balance between "God of War" and "Glorified Power Armor"

@ Demi

Throwing the compression chamber at enemy just plain... stupid, because fluff indicates that the Impact Cannon are extremely fragile.

Putting a chain on Souten Gagetsu on the other hand...
Old 2012-01-28, 05:13   Link #19748
demino_hellsin
That one guy

this is really hard... Rin and Shenlong don't really have much to work with. They're good at cqc... but which part of it in particular!? @_@

EDIT: I'd think the cannon structure would be pretty sturdy considering the ultra-high pressures it's containing. We're talking enough pressure to turn air into bullets :|

@zero: But souten gagetsu, I'd really like to salvage that weapon. Can you think of anything?
Old 2012-01-28, 05:17   Link #19749
Eratas123

@ Senpai - It doesn't help that rule of funny messes with it.

"So you say these things carry weapons that are deadly to tanks? Oh, lets pelt Ichika eith them whenever we get pissed, that's a good idea!"
Old 2012-01-28, 05:29   Link #19750
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Sturdy enough to keep the pressure going outside, on the other hand, it was so fragile that firing the cannon at close range BLOW the cannon altogether due to feedback force The principle is similar to a balloon actually.

We might be able to add some armor into impact cannon in that case. Still, throwing them around just feels weird.

As for Souten Gagetsu, we can have either longer stick (making it a full-fledged spear/halberd) or chain to make a heavy blade flail weapon (channeling Kratos FTW)

@ Eras

Why do you think Ichika is EXTREMELY PISSED when Rin thrown her blade in Sacred Twins?
Old 2012-01-28, 05:50   Link #19751
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I don'r understand why they're using their IS, is all. The other stuff can be justified, but it's like they're shooting him with a gun whenever they use their IS. I justify this in Shadow and FI with Ichika having a high damage threshold. Other males like Irish or any of the male kids either have to dodge or get smacked to oblivion.
Old 2012-01-28, 05:56   Link #19752
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero:
I guess I only considered the working stress applicable to the cannons, it didn't occur to me that impact stresses can be much greater. Though comparison to a balloon seems out of place considering the large difference in characteristics of materials

Souten Gagetsu on a chain doesn't appeal to me. Extending the handle could work but...
Old 2012-01-28, 05:57   Link #19753
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
I knew

*Must resist from depicting Ichika incapacitated by harem, must resist, must resist, must resist*

@ Demi

I don't know about that really. Physic never been my major. The better comparison would be steam reactor. You can leak them a little but hitting it with hammer and it'll blow up. I knew there's difference of material but still... principle is a principle, maybe you can explain better

As for Souten Gagetsu, that was as far as I can think.
Old 2012-01-28, 06:02   Link #19754
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Ichika got shot to hell and his entire body pretty much burnt in the bad future. That's worse than decapitation
Old 2012-01-28, 06:07   Link #19755
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean by "accident", such as the almost kiss scene with Houki....
*mustresistmustresistmustresistmustresist*
Old 2012-01-28, 06:19   Link #19756
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero:
There's a lot of engineering involved in that one. I'll have to study it :| (most of the principles seem to be covered in my studies already anyway. I'll try to crunch numbers)

Maybe the Gagetsu just need to be smaller... I mean they seem so big that swinging them around seems impractical with the odd shape.
Old 2012-01-28, 06:24   Link #19757
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The edge turned yellow when in use, I assume this is either High Frequency type (the color came from air friction) or plain heat blade (which is both useless and fragile).

Indeed their size seems impractical, the destructive power seems to come mainly from the arm strength of ShenLong as well as the mass of the weapon itself. Means the weapon act more like heavy Axe than heavy dagger (discounting the sharpness indicated by above hypothetical properties)
Old 2012-01-28, 06:25   Link #19758
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

988 pages of Infinite Stratos Character Creation and Fanfic Discussion
Old 2012-01-28, 06:25   Link #19759
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Absolute defense would save him Ichika only died in the bad future after his AD got broken.
Old 2012-01-28, 06:31   Link #19760
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

I need help with my incoming new fic.

I'm planning to create a story involving future parallel worlds, but I really suck at prequels.

What should I do? Ichika will have a dream with byakushiki and havimg a talk regarding that, or Ichika will be accidentally sent to the future?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest