AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-06, 21:08   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Sugar Sugar Rune

Hmmmm...okay...I swear I ran a full search of the forums before posting this and didn't find an existing thread. I thought we made a new thread after the hack?

Well, episode 6 is out (today). Anyone watching this series? I am.

/tumbleweed
Old 2006-03-06, 23:27   Link #2
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hmmmm...okay...I swear I ran a full search of the forums before posting this and didn't find an existing thread. I thought we made a new thread after the hack?

Well, episode 6 is out (today). Anyone watching this series? I am.

/tumbleweed
I'm watching it!

Hell, I'm translating it...

My main comment so far is "Wow! the anime is going 1 billion times slower than the manga!" Tons of filler but.... it's pretty dang entertaining filler . Everyone look forward to the episode where Chocolat turns into a cat, or Chocolat and Vanilla switch bodies, or they all go to the beach. They throw in every cliche filler episode ever made !
It's all good

I kind of wish they'd focus more on Chocolat's friends. I think I read somewhere that one of them is actually hawaiian...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-03-07, 00:02   Link #3
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

IMO, This is one of 3 shows currently in fansub limbo. It's right next to Fushigi Boshi na futago hime and Keroro gunso for residing in the "are we ever going to see any more translated" dimension.

At least for SSR I'm more confident that more episodes will be worked on, so many thanks for the effort . Only wish it wasn't in h264 format >_<. Tis mighty hard to see on my old pc

Cute show, the OP is deadly catchy in a cheesey 60's sort of way .
Old 2006-03-07, 02:12   Link #4
LilEva

Send a message via AIM to LilEva Send a message via MSN to LilEva Send a message via Yahoo to LilEva
I really like it so far. The animation is great, so clear and colorful. I have downloaded all of them up to 6, but I forgot which one I'm on. I'll have to catch up. It's hard to keep up with all of the series that I'm watching, but luckily Hantsuki just ended.
Old 2006-03-12, 18:17   Link #5
jalapeno

I watch the Arienai releases. Is there something different about episode 6? Fast motion (ie opening) shows lots of blocking artifacts in VLC 0.8.4a. Ep 5 doesn't have those.
Old 2006-04-10, 02:45   Link #6
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Only wish it wasn't in h264 format >_<. Tis mighty hard to see on my old pc

Cute show, the OP is deadly catchy in a cheesey 60's sort of way .
This is the first fansub that I finally see the discerning effects of what h264 encoding does! Smooth animations galore and it helps in this anime's delivery of the cute but funny storyline and it fits with the whole theme of this series.

It had some LOL moments and yeah I like the cheesyish 60-esq theme too. It reminds me of Bewitched and Jeannie type shows. The music for the OP and ED are great.

Again, colors are very vivid and bright. Watching this show is like eating stuff that gives a sugar high (no pun intended) - this show kept me interested.

Some may not like this, but if not anything else, it delivers something subtle I have yet to see in any other series I seen so far.
Old 2006-04-11, 16:09   Link #7
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
i watched episode 8 today and this show is getting interesting episode by episode!!
i really hope it'll get to high levels of seriousnes sometime.. XD (like.. princess tutu *-* )

Quarkboy i don't mind the show being slow as long as we'll get good plot eventually.. thank you so much for subbing it!! ^O^
Old 2006-04-11, 16:16   Link #8
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknight
iQuarkboy i don't mind the show being slow as long as we'll get good plot eventually.. thank you so much for subbing it!! ^O^
Woo hoo! Yes! More fans fo this show. Excellent. I have yet to watch Ep. 8. And yes, thanks Quarkboy for your hard work.
Old 2006-04-11, 18:45   Link #9
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Woo hoo! Yes! More fans fo this show. Excellent. I have yet to watch Ep. 8. And yes, thanks Quarkboy for your hard work.
i'm a fan since episode 1.. lol (seriously i really waited for ANYONE to sub it, even before it aired in japan.. XD ^^)
Old 2006-06-14, 21:36   Link #10
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
*freaks out* Great another episode is out! I sent an e-mail to Arienai Fansubs recently volunteering my services to help out with this series--Quarkboy, if you would like an assistant, please let me know!
Old 2006-06-14, 21:49   Link #11
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
*freaks out* Great another episode is out!
Also, there's a batch out for Episodes 1-10. If you've wanted to check this series out, but didn't want to download the first 10 episodes alfresco, snag the batch torrent. It's a great way to become introduced to the series.
Old 2006-06-15, 00:18   Link #12
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I apologize, but I borked the release of 11.... Muxed the thing at the wrong framerate (doh!)

That'll teach me to rush a release so I'm not late to my final. Anyway, expect a rerelease in about 2 hours.

Batch torrent is fine, however
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-06-15, 06:49   Link #13
Katapan
俺様祭り

Thanks a bunch for the usual S²R fix, Arienai & Seishun! A shame this series hasn't got too many fans, they're missing out on something very fun.

While we'll have to wait for a while before we get real plot development, those "fillers" are funny to me, episode 8 and 10 being the ones I liked most. I was pretty surprised by Robin's seiyuu in particular, who IMO did a great job, along with most of the characters. They even get most of the French right! (the only weird thing so far might be the divination lu-bu-ru, but I understand that livre might be somewhat hard to pronounce for them).

Ep 12 looks like it'll bring even more craziness than the usual. Woot for Chocola as a cat!
Old 2006-10-09, 06:12   Link #14
snoopi_88

Hi.... i could only watch till episode 18....anyone have episodes after that???

Last edited by snoopi_88; 2006-10-11 at 21:44.
Old 2006-10-09, 07:39   Link #15
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

What's it about? Sounds lighthearted and fun, which I am quite into at the moment. Shame I can't download it yet though, gotta wait for the nets to be fixed. I'll get the batch when I'm back online though, so that's something to look forward to
Old 2006-10-10, 21:55   Link #16
snoopi_88

well..basically..it's about 2 gals from the magical world goin to human world as upcoming queen candidates. they are suppose to get "hearts" from the humans and alot interesting and funny things/events happen. =)
Old 2006-10-10, 22:16   Link #17
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

That's what it's about until around episode 30 or so... After that it gets a bit more mysterious and darker. (And really good IMHO).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-11-30, 04:11   Link #18
ginkosuki
i'd walk 10.000 miles...

Send a message via ICQ to ginkosuki
sry if that has already been asked, but are there any fansubbed episodes beyond episode 20? i wasn't able to find any..... so maybe you guys could help me
Old 2006-11-30, 07:57   Link #19
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
nope, not yet. Arienai are doing one episode a month at most... patience is the key
Old 2006-12-01, 01:39   Link #20
ginkosuki
i'd walk 10.000 miles...

Send a message via ICQ to ginkosuki
ok, thanks i wasn't sure how "old" the other episodes were.. that's why i was afraid that maybe the project had been dropped a while ago coz no one wanted to see it or sth like that
Closed Thread