AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 15:31   Link #6501
Tiduas

I'm just curious about it, how is the music in Episode 8 compared to other episodes for these that have played them all now?
Tiduas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 15:48   Link #6502
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiduas View Post
I'm just curious about it, how is the music in Episode 8 compared to other episodes for these that have played them all now?
If you're just asking how the new music is, it is awesome. If not, then please, layman's terms?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 15:54   Link #6503
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
If you're just asking how the new music is, it is awesome. If not, then please, layman's terms?
What he said.

EP8 is probably the episode that introduced the least amount of new music, but they are all awesome even for the standard of Umineko.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 18:25   Link #6504
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I'm having an issue with Umineko on Mac OS. Although it's not very frequent, there are occasionally small dots that appear on the screen. They appear with the text, and disappear when the text disappears. Here are a couple of screenshots:

Spoiler for Umineko episode 2:

I am using Mac OS 10.6.7. I bought the game from the Hobibox website. I am using the patch currently available on the Witch Hunt website (version 4.4.3 according to the About page). This issue exists both in window and full screen mode.

By the way, an unrelated question... How come when I set the text speed to maximum in full screen mode, the text appears right away, but in window mode it just scrolls quickly?

Anyway, many thanks to the Witch Hunt team for translating this game and I eagerly await a complete patch for episode 8.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 21:03   Link #6505
thelinx

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about those. I also have that dot issue on Linux with onscripter-en.
thelinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 00:33   Link #6506
earthfairys
Eternally Crazed Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I'm having an issue with Umineko on Mac OS. Although it's not very frequent, there are occasionally small dots that appear on the screen. They appear with the text, and disappear when the text disappears. Here are a couple of screenshots:

I am using Mac OS 10.6.7. I bought the game from the Hobibox website. I am using the patch currently available on the Witch Hunt website (version 4.4.3 according to the About page). This issue exists both in window and full screen mode.

By the way, an unrelated question... How come when I set the text speed to maximum in full screen mode, the text appears right away, but in window mode it just scrolls quickly?

Anyway, many thanks to the Witch Hunt team for translating this game and I eagerly await a complete patch for episode 8.
That one isn't a problem with the game. It's basically a device Japanese use in their text to show the dragging of words, or basically saying each word slowly.
earthfairys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 11:59   Link #6507
Madman6510
Child of Man

Yeah, the dots are basically done for emphasis, since bold/italicized text doesn't really go over very well in the Japanese language.

I thought it was a bug too at first :S
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 14:58   Link #6508
Lotaphi

I never really thought the dots were a bug. I actually like them. Any kinda of tools like that are great for setting tone.

By the way, has anyone heard the "ZTS On Classics" soundtrack? I think there are others too. I really like the goldenslaughterer on it!
Lotaphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 16:41   Link #6509
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman6510 View Post
Yeah, the dots are basically done for emphasis, since bold/italicized text doesn't really go over very well in the Japanese language.

I thought it was a bug too at first :S
I felt they actually gave some pretty useful things to pay attention to when I read through the story for the first time.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 17:05   Link #6510
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Ah, I see. I had never encountered those dots before so I wasn't aware of their purpose. It makes sense now. Thanks for responding to my query.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:47   Link #6511
lesengirz
Detective

Seems like the trans has been put on hold? I recently haven't seen news about it.
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 23:10   Link #6512
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
No news is good news. They're working on it, it's just they go faster if they don't have to keep us up to date.
Old 2011-06-23, 14:13   Link #6513
incko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
No news is good news. They're working on it, it's just they go faster if they don't have to keep us up to date.
I'm rooting for this!
incko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 08:08   Link #6514
seaburntd

Just finished Meakashi last night (and alas, no amusing game discussion by the characters at the end of it, present in all question arcs) , so starting Tsumi next while I bide my time for a certain other release...

I may end up checking at Otakon (alas, no chizu at Acen, only question arcs) if the downloadable version isn't available in a month, though it'd almost certainly be cheaper to wait for the downloadable.
seaburntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 09:53   Link #6515
ghost_zero5

Btw. are there already news about what Ryukishi will be doing as next VNs?
Will it be a Higanbana VN - I believe there were some rumours regarding this?
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 09:59   Link #6516
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Yes. According to his blog post, Higanbana VN is going to have many short stories as opposed to the single, long tale divided in episodes we're already used to.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:52   Link #6517
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Im not sure exactly how much he contributed but Rewrite came out yesterday and he did write part of it, if anything.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:55   Link #6518
Madman6510
Child of Man

Ryukishi07 writing for Key? That'll be interesting. Hope it gets translated by someone... sometime.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 10:11   Link #6519
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman6510 View Post
Ryukishi07 writing for Key? That'll be interesting. Hope it gets translated by someone... sometime.
I'd say it takes 4 years, Give or take.
Old 2011-06-26, 10:40   Link #6520
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I'd say it takes 4 years, Give or take.
Depends on how popular it is. Air has been out for 11 years and still no complete or even near complete translations. Though some of the other Key VNs are already finished.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation