AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-12, 00:38   Link #1
dukenukem
bleach fan

is your life being turned upside down too?

Hello all recently very messed up stuff has been happening,basicly starting with when my grandpa first came down with cancer almost a year ago,now my grandma also has cancer and has maybe 6 months left if she's lucky and now recently my aunt has come down with lung cancer too,also my grandma has maybe 1 year left or so if he's lucky before the cancer kills him.Well a few weeks ago i went to a funural for an uncle who died from alsheimers.i am not able to be online as long as i want to be to download anime now so that way if anything happens they are able to call us,so lately i have been falling behind in my favorite shows.
dukenukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 01:09   Link #2
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
this wouldnt happen to be another political thread in which bush destroys your life... is it?

however I feel for your loss, but i believe this is sort of army building spam... ...

I must say that other thanbecoming a more efflorescent individual and aiming towards the paragon of virtue... nothing much has changed.

Life Undulates, you just happen to be riding a trough. wait for your crest.
Spoiler for complete irrelevance:
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 02:48   Link #3
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
it this grandma and grandpa married? If so look at it from their views they are going together one of them is not lingering waiting for their time and missing their partner in life. It is sad that this is happening to you I myself cannot empathise with u because i have never lost close family to the extent that I would never see them again.

But if this did happen to me, I wouldn't be worried about shows but rather if I knew them well enough. Of course u could be using the shows to take your mind off your circumstances but maybe your mind should be on them.
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 05:41   Link #4
Kal-Rhael

Send a message via MSN to Kal-Rhael
Is by life being turned upside down? It's always been upside down! downward spiral, im just waiting for it to completely collapse

Now im not stupid, i just have a crapload of issues, im 17 in the 9th grade god! my class mates are 13-15 year olds, and im still missing alot of days of school, i don't know, but if i don't pass this grade cause of me missing so many days of school i just may! not suicide! but completely run away from it all.

Dunno where i'd go, just somewhere else, cause im definately not happy here.
Kal-Rhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 05:53   Link #5
GustaveElazul
Gus

~truncated~

Last edited by GustaveElazul; 2013-10-16 at 09:03.
GustaveElazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 06:18   Link #6
Kal-Rhael

Send a message via MSN to Kal-Rhael
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustaveElazul
@Kal, if you can't handle or don't like school I suggest getting a GED atleast. It's a really simple test you can take at a college. It's an equivalent to a highschool diploma but some jobs don't like it. However it's easier and better than not having either. My friend took it in his 9th grade year and just works a job like normal.
I wanna join the military but they say ged's are accepted only in certain circumstances, not sure what they mean by that, but gah, i think it's best for me to try to get a diploma
Kal-Rhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 06:34   Link #7
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenukem
Hello all recently very messed up stuff has been happening,basicly starting with when my grandpa first came down with cancer almost a year ago,now my grandma also has cancer and has maybe 6 months left if she's lucky and now recently my aunt has come down with lung cancer too,also my grandma has maybe 1 year left or so if he's lucky before the cancer kills him.Well a few weeks ago i went to a funural for an uncle who died from alsheimers.i am not able to be online as long as i want to be to download anime now so that way if anything happens they are able to call us,so lately i have been falling behind in my favorite shows.
sh!t happens... you should really be aware of the chance of you having cancer with so many of your relatives having it.
Better treatments are still far far away because jebus bush,who rather pour money into researching the power/truthfulness of faith than actual scientific researches, thinks science and is useless compare to the power of praying and faith in the almighty sky daddy.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 06:41   Link #8
GustaveElazul
Gus

~truncated~

Last edited by GustaveElazul; 2013-10-16 at 09:03.
GustaveElazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 06:43   Link #9
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
sh!t happens... you should really be aware of the chance of you having cancer with so many of your relatives having it.
Better treatments are still far far away because jebus bush,who rather pour money into researching the power/truthfulness of faith than actual scientific researches, thinks science and is useless compare to the power of praying and faith in the almighty sky daddy.
Nice job turning this political...how about you stick to your country and let us deal with ours?

Anyways, back to the topic...I understand exactly what you're talking about and the saying does ring true, "when it rains it pours". I had similar experiences about 5-6 years ago, so I know what it's like.
Old 2004-11-12, 08:58   Link #10
HoboGod
Necromancer

i am sorry for your loss.

Without death, there can be no life. Reflect on this tragedy as how precious things really are and enjoy what you have while you have it and while you are still around to enjoy. There would be no greater
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 23:19   Link #11
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
Ok shit that has turned my life around I just finished school and now I have to find a job and get into an art school. The art school is the easy thing but the job :0 is turning out damn hard to find since ppl either want u young enough to pay u shit wages or they want u with experince which u can not get unless they hire u! Its annoying especially since I was turned down for my dream job at a aquarium because they wanted a 15 year old so they could pay him below award wage.
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 07:30   Link #12
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenukem
The older someone becomes, the more pragmatic they tend to become about the subject of death and dying. For some that means seeing the situation as an inevitable process of family attrition that gradually removes those you knew and cared about, who had watched you growup and cared about you. Grandparents go, aunts and uncles go, parents go. Then one day it becomes obvious you're now standing at the front of the line and your turn isn't as far off as it used to be. Understanding the process doesn't lessen the sadness though. Often the only comfort one can take in a relatives passing is that the end came quickly for them, and that they suffered as little as possible. Which is something you hope that perhaps your children and grandchildren can one day say when your time comes.

Grandparents passed away long ago, then gradually older aunts and uncles departed. My parents passed away in 2000 and I was the one they'd asked to take care for them during their last years, and afterwards I had to take care of the funeral arrangement, pay the bills, handle the estate and probate matters, handle the disposition of property to the surviving heirs. Shrug, I don't think I watched any anime for about a year and barely turned on the computer at home during that time other than to check email. Some friends were kind enough to download new episodes for series they knew I normally watched, and eventually after a return to something similar to "a normal life" occured I began setting aside some time to load cd's and watch some of it (although I mainly watched anime focused on comedy). As a diversion to keep your mind off things you'd rather not dwell too much on, watching anime can help.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 09:04   Link #13
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I really can't stand the thought of leaving anyone with money problems after I die (Funeral payments ect) It makes me sick! I mean I'll be dead! Cast my body into the sea, hell burn me in the yard for all I care, I'll be dead for crying out loud.

Is there a way around this? Like if I become a donor and allow the Doctors to cut me up piece by piece after I'm gone, would they then just throw my body in the hospital furnace?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 19:00   Link #14
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
I really can't stand the thought of leaving anyone with money problems after I die (Funeral payments ect) It makes me sick! I mean I'll be dead! Cast my body into the sea, hell burn me in the yard for all I care, I'll be dead for crying out loud.

Is there a way around this? Like if I become a donor and allow the Doctors to cut me up piece by piece after I'm gone, would they then just throw my body in the hospital furnace?
Easiest way to avoid the problem is to think ahead and handle as much of the unpleasantness yourself while you are in the best mental, physical, and financial shape to do so. For starters legal documents can be drawn-up to avoid situations where a person goes to a hospital, their condition takes a permanent turn for the worse while there, and even though the chances for recovery are slim to none the doctors use extraordinary means (including full life support) to keep the patient's body functioning indefinitely. Another thing a person could do is to visit a funeral home in their area that has been in the business for a long time and ask if it's possible to make funeral arrangements with them in advance and then prepay the expenses over time. If a person has life insurance with a sufficient payout in the event of death, that can take care funeral expenses so the decisions that would need to be made in advanced would be related to whether someone prefers a traditional funeral with burial in a cemetary plot or a modified funeral (or no funeral service at all) along with cremation. Of the two choices, cremation with no funeral service is usually the least expensive way to go. A person can pick out an urn for their ashes to be placed in, or just have the crematorium place the ashes in the cheap default container that would normally be provided. The latter inexpensive container is often used when the last wishes of the deceased are that their ashes are to be spread at sea or otherwise permanently disposed of in a similar manner. Others prefer getting a durable urn which also looks decent so their ashes could be placed on a fireplace mantel, in a cemetary wall niche, or some other location where it can be viewed by family and visitors.

A little advanced planning can make things as simple and as inexpensive (or expensive) as someone might want. About the only bad decision someone can make is to do nothing and say nothing so that when the end comes all the decisions and expenses are left to surviving family to deal with. That's wimping out and leaving behind a mess for someone else to cleanup...and is a sure way to depart this earth with regrets about things left undone in life and the burden this will place on the living left behind.
Old 2004-11-14, 00:51   Link #15
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
Easiest way to avoid the problem is to think ahead and handle as much of the unpleasantness yourself while you are in the best mental, physical, and financial shape to do so. For starters legal documents can be drawn-up to avoid situations where a person goes to a hospital, their condition takes a permanent turn for the worse while there, and even though the chances for recovery are slim to none the doctors use extraordinary means (including full life support) to keep the patient's body functioning indefinitely. Another thing a person could do is to visit a funeral home in their area that has been in the business for a long time and ask if it's possible to make funeral arrangements with them in advance and then prepay the expenses over time. If a person has life insurance with a sufficient payout in the event of death, that can take care funeral expenses so the decisions that would need to be made in advanced would be related to whether someone prefers a traditional funeral with burial in a cemetary plot or a modified funeral (or no funeral service at all) along with cremation. Of the two choices, cremation with no funeral service is usually the least expensive way to go. A person can pick out an urn for their ashes to be placed in, or just have the crematorium place the ashes in the cheap default container that would normally be provided. The latter inexpensive container is often used when the last wishes of the deceased are that their ashes are to be spread at sea or otherwise permanently disposed of in a similar manner. Others prefer getting a durable urn which also looks decent so their ashes could be placed on a fireplace mantel, in a cemetary wall niche, or some other location where it can be viewed by family and visitors.

A little advanced planning can make things as simple and as inexpensive (or expensive) as someone might want. About the only bad decision someone can make is to do nothing and say nothing so that when the end comes all the decisions and expenses are left to surviving family to deal with. That's wimping out and leaving behind a mess for someone else to cleanup...and is a sure way to depart this earth with regrets about things left undone in life and the burden this will place on the living left behind.
Very mature and intelligent reply, I was expecting maybe a few jokes about my dead body but ahh well.

Truthfully though I am going to look further into this because as you say leaving the mess behind to my loved ones is just plain wimping out.
But also I don't like the thought of having to go through it all my self lol.

I wish I could just put something in writing that say's "Once I’m dead I really couldn't give a flying fuck what you do with my body! Use it as pig feed or cut me up and use my body as you wish, I have a cool right arm with a tattoo of a dragon on it, stitch it on some poor sap who has been in a tragic accident or something. Also my penis is up for grabs since I won't be needing it anymore"

And then a simple "LOL Big up my AnimeSuki crew!" At the end.

LOL! They didn't have this kind of trouble in the old days, ja know what would be a cool way to go? The way they do it in all those films based on Greek mythology, couple of penny’s on my eyes to pay the "Boat man" and then burn me and send me out to sea. Yeah that would be cool.

Anyway I’m rambling because I have just got in from a night out and I'm pretty out of it right now. (You didn't need to know that).

Old 2004-11-14, 04:32   Link #16
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:

Well as for myself currently all of my arrengements are made. Although I am only 25, I well understand that one day on the way to work I could easly become a smear on the high way.

Through my job I have 33,000 in life insurnace. Which I will admit is not a terribly high ammount. Yet I have discussed this with my family already. when I die, I am simply to be creamated and scattered into the ocean. That will cost only a few hundred. Leaving well over 30,000 to my family. I have told them to use the $ to put a down payment on a house, new car or somthing that thay could always use but never afford.

Loosing family you care for is always hard. Luckly for me, most of my family are people I would not mind loosing. My grandfather died last year, I was rather happy about that. Old bastred desreved to die painfully and slowly. Of course he just ended up drinking him self to death cold and alone, since no one, not even his own children wanted to be near him. My aunt is taking after her father quite well, and has alinentated all but her own children. . . well rather the one child that is such a @$#% up at 27 he still lives with his mother because he cannot hold a job for more than a month, yet has custody of one child, and lost custody of the other. Yes his mother raises his child for the most part, as he tends to drink and do drugs to much to do so. Although my aunt is a speed freak as well, odd that they hate eachother for doing drugs, yet they both do them. I find that branch of my family rather funny, but will not miss them much if at all when they die as well. Actualy, thier is only two members of my family that I would so much as attend a funeral for. Out of eight family members, that is not a good %.

Perhaps it is just how unsual my life has been that has taught me that the dead are no more deserving of my respect for beein dead then they were for simply living. If I were to respect some one who is dead, I will have had to respect them for what they did in life. A dead bastered, was still a bastered, now he is just the bloated stinking corpse of a bastered.

No, I do not expect many people to attend my funeral services, if thier is even so much as a service. Personaly I would be happy just to know people are laughing at the way I died. I would rather people take some amusement from my final act, than sorrow.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 13:26   Link #17
tanuki

Quote:
Very mature and intelligent reply, I was expecting maybe a few jokes about my dead body but ahh well.

Truthfully though I am going to look further into this because as you say leaving the mess behind to my loved ones is just plain wimping out.
But also I don't like the thought of having to go through it all my self lol.

I wish I could just put something in writing that say's "Once I’m dead I really couldn't give a flying fuck what you do with my body! Use it as pig feed or cut me up and use my body as you wish, I have a cool right arm with a tattoo of a dragon on it, stitch it on some poor sap who has been in a tragic accident or something. Also my penis is up for grabs since I won't be needing it anymore"

And then a simple "LOL Big up my AnimeSuki crew!" At the end.

LOL! They didn't have this kind of trouble in the old days, ja know what would be a cool way to go? The way they do it in all those films based on Greek mythology, couple of penny’s on my eyes to pay the "Boat man" and then burn me and send me out to sea. Yeah that would be cool.

Anyway I’m rambling because I have just got in from a night out and I'm pretty out of it right now. (You didn't need to know that).

Guess when the subject of death comes up, which is rare because it's an unpleasant side of life that many are uneasy thinking or talking about, I try to avoid responding from the start with humor which might take someones honest concerns or interest too lightly. When you're young there's almost a feeling that you're immortal...death is something that usually happens to someone else because of bad luck, bad habits, or just old age. So thinking about or planning for it is something that's put off till later...which to an extent is understandable. It can feel like you're being unnecessarily morbid or maybe tempting fate by thinking too much about and planning for it. But then with each passing year it can be a little more depressing to contemplate too. Pity there isn't a government form we could just fill out to get an permanent exemption from one day becoming living impaired.

The burning funeral pyre or being cast out to sea in a burning boat bit won't work these days. It's probably against some environmental protection regulation and guys in hazmat suits would appear out of nowhere to rush in to put out the fire. Sounds almost like something out of Monty Python comedy skit though...

Last edited by tanuki; 2004-11-14 at 14:59.
Old 2004-11-14, 16:28   Link #18
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
Without death, there can be no life. Reflect on this tragedy as how precious things really are and enjoy what you have while you have it and while you are still around to enjoy. There would be no greater
"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not."
-Epicurus
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 14:16   Link #19
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not."
-Epicurus
But when we are we have options and choices, when we aren’t we do not.
Old 2004-11-28, 00:10   Link #20
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
My life was turned upside down when I was accused of a terrible crime I didn't commit... this was on my first day of college back in 1992. Even though I was cleared by the courts, being 18 and with a non-supportive family meant I had a lot of stress and pain. And let's just say among other things I know what it's like to be penniless, homeless, and facing the threat of prison time.

I worked my way through college and now I'm a professional in a rather swanky neighborhood. I can claim to be a self-made man, working my way up from hopeless nothing to now having my needs met and more than I could have hoped for besides. Heck, I even have dual DSL and more anime than I have time to watch. Heaven.......

The world turning upside down may have made me a stronger person, but all-in-all, I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone. There should be easier ways to grow up.

-k

curious

Last edited by Kempis Curious; 2004-11-28 at 00:14. Reason: sheesh lots of typos
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote