AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2004-12-30, 21:21   Link #101
arias

Many little squirmy complaints here.

As far as I see, the animation quality looks set to be superb. I likes.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 12:01   Link #102
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
The character design seems to be ok even if it changes a little bit from the oav and movies. I'm waiting for this series

But someone knows the length of this series? I don't mind if they have to introduce again the characters but if the series is short, it would be bad
OrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 13:16   Link #103
hooliganj
Team Player

I read somewhere that they're planning 26 episodes for now, but if it does well enough both the author and the director were quoted as being interested in animating the entire manga series, however many episodes that took.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 08:40   Link #104
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
ok thx for the reply.

Does someone know somethin about the music, I mean the BGM not the op/ed.
I never knew who is the artist making the OAV musics (i love them)
Old 2005-01-01, 09:08   Link #105
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrO
ok thx for the reply.

Does someone know somethin about the music, I mean the BGM not the op/ed.
I never knew who is the artist making the OAV musics (i love them)
According to the back cover of the DVD's the music for the OVA was done by Takeshi Yasuda, the sound director was Tomoaki Yamada

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2005-01-01 at 09:14. Reason: typo
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 10:16   Link #106
SlugZilla
woofles

I think the character design is pretty well done, although it looks sorta different from Fujishima Kousuke's style.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 11:33   Link #107
Ending

Although Belldandy's character design is really good, I somehow liked more of the first version of her. You know: the one in the very first manga issue. She looked so different from the regular anime characters whereas the current one is a bit... standard, meek happy-go-goddess.

Looking good in any case, even though I doubt they NEVER finish off the serie. Keiichi has to be the least lucky bastard in world, having 4 goddesess practically in his bed and never really getting it on with anyone.

By the way, is that a gem or paint on her forehead? I have always though it is a gem (remember that ray of light in the first issue?) but now that I look at it... Ack, my fan-fic has wrong info in it if it is paint.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 11:42   Link #108
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
So thats from the new series?

If so (or am i missing something important), i don't think it looks all that different from the movie art.

I really hope that it isn't too long (ie. 195 episodes was suggested pages back) but not too short either (like the first series, 5 episodes) considering i really liked the first AMG. I'm looking forward to seeing more of my favourite goddess, Belldandy ^_^

Last edited by Yuiichi; 2005-01-01 at 12:09.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 12:04   Link #109
OrO
Vega

in fact the character design is really different from the OAV series one. But it's almost like the movie one. But I prefer the movie character design better ! In this one, we can notice on few scans that the eyes are little bit too high (position)

I think it has been said in the previous posts.

And nobody knows who takes care of the TV series music ? (BGM)
Old 2005-01-01, 12:36   Link #110
SlugZilla
woofles

I think it's cause of the angle, but I'd appreciate it if someone posts more screenshots of the main chars.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 13:44   Link #111
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Bah... the movie art kicks ass. Look at the first volume of the manga and compare it to the 24th. The mangaka GREATLY refined his art. His first three volumes looked downright fugly. Well at least the Tales of Phantasia/Symphonia char designs got carried over! That's a big plus for me.

Ah! My Goddess for 2005 eh> Still think AIR is going to pwn more tho.

January is going to be one busy month: Samurai Champloo, Ah, my goddess, and AIR AIR AIR

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 15:28   Link #112
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
By the way, is that a gem or paint on her forehead? I have always though it is a gem (remember that ray of light in the first issue?) but now that I look at it... Ack, my fan-fic has wrong info in it if it is paint.
I thought it was paint or some kind of tattoo--it looks flat, in the OVAs and the movie at least, where I'd expect a gem to stick out a little. Miharu in Girls Bravo had "markings" like that on her forehead too that glowed when she used her powers.

And yeah, I think the odds of Keiichi getting past second base in our lifetimes are next to zero. Still looking forward to the anime though, I can't believe it's been this long before AMG got a regular full-length TV series, as popular as it seems to be. If they animate all the manga, this could run more episodes than Urusei Yatsura...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 18:36   Link #113
Ending

...Which actually begs question why anyone bothered to watch it for 100+ episodes when they did not have any common plot and the quality is -by today's standards- below the line.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 07:00   Link #114
hooliganj
Team Player

If you're talking about UY, it's because every once in a while they would do an episode that made me laugh so hard I couldn't see straight. Same reason I kept watching Ranma 1/2.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 07:35   Link #115
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
w00t, do I see WIDESCREEN?

Well, do I?
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 09:24   Link #116
OrO
Vega

yes but it's some screenshots from a DVD so the series may not be like this. But i think it will be i widescreen
Old 2005-01-02, 12:32   Link #117
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrO
in fact the character design is really different from the OAV series one. But it's almost like the movie one. But I prefer the movie character design better ! In this one, we can notice on few scans that the eyes are little bit too high (position)

I think it has been said in the previous posts.

And nobody knows who takes care of the TV series music ? (BGM)
I agree with you, the movie was beautiful and their angel selves that emerged just looked so awesome in the movie.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 15:25   Link #118
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

New Ah Megami-Sama TV series ad

Brought by the good people at GMT, http://watersoul.sytes.net/GMT/index.htm

Its technically a fansub, so here it is posted. Not sure if its okay to post the direct link here.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 16:06   Link #119
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I've read on anime news network there is gonna be a new Ah! My Goddess anime. Does anyone know if this is going to be a movie or an entire series (/me hopes it'll be like this). Does anyone know something more?

It looks like the entire series at most. The original OVA cast is doing it.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 17:18   Link #120
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Brought by the good people at GMT, http://watersoul.sytes.net/GMT/index.htm

Its technically a fansub, so here it is posted. Not sure if its okay to post the direct link here.
Thx alot, at least now can have a glance at how AMG will look animated Belldandy looked pretty good, and the Keichi was more like the one from the movie rather than the one from the OVA. Belldandy's voice was splendid

Edit : I just found out why : apparently the cast has remained the same as in the movie/OVA and the animation will also be done by the same people.

First episode : this thursday !!!
Is there any word on a fansub group taking this as a project?
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote