AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 06:19   Link #1
Pacify

Kubera (One Last God)

Very surprised not find a thread here for this! One of my favourite webcomics out there, just slightly falling short of Tower of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis:
From The Company:

Gods with everlasting lives.
Sura who possess unrivaled power.
And humans, caught helplessly in-between.

When Kubera’s peaceful village meets its fiery end, a mysterious magician named Asha comes to her rescue—together they begin on a journey in search of answers and revenge. Meanwhile across the realms, a web of entwined fates is growing tighter... One by one the other players of the game will emerge, each with their own agenda to pursue.

At the center of this maelstrom stands Kubera, the girl with a god's name. Will this sixteen-year-old be the salvation of the world... or its destruction?
Currently 118 chapters released. http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=131385

Kubera is full of interesting mythology (based loosely off hindu mythology), intrigue and a fairly memorable cast of characters. While suffering from a rather shaky start, doesn't take too long till you get hooked into the story. The main character may be slightly frustrating at times, it's easily made up by the plethora of side characters, including gods, demon like creatures called Sura and humans.
Art is fairly typical webcomic fair, not the best but not the worse, does grow on you with time.

Spoiler for general thoughts up to current chapter:
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 21:14   Link #2
Qilin
Romanticist

Wow. Zero replies? This kinda makes me sad.

This is currently one of my favorite weeklies, even more than a lot of the long running manga. For one, this is a straight adventure story with some very complex characters. Also, the setting and lore are meticulously crafted, not to mention that it uses a lot of flashforwards to build up tension.

With this, Tower of God, Dr. Frost, and Magician churning out some of the more well-written stories I've seen in a while, I'm starting to look at these webtoon style manhwa from Naver to be a quite a force to be reckoned with these days.
Old 2013-08-20, 21:25   Link #3
Vu2010

No it's shit like all other shitty deviantart web comic out theere
Vu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 23:47   Link #4
Qilin
Romanticist

Care to explain?
Old 2013-08-21, 01:19   Link #5
Xacual

Probably just one of the people like on 4chan that spam that whenever a topic for Korean webmanga are put up. Don't let it bother you.

Kubera is probably one of my favorite series I'm following though there is a lot of contradictory things going on. Like why "God" Kubera is seemingly forcing the nastika to look for Leez and kill her while protecting her on the other hand. I'm really interested in the backstory more.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 01:34   Link #6
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Probably just one of the people like on 4chan that spam that whenever a topic for Korean webmanga are put up. Don't let it bother you.
I figured as much, though my policy is to give potential trolls the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Kubera is probably one of my favorite series I'm following though there is a lot of contradictory things going on. Like why "God" Kubera is seemingly forcing the nastika to look for Leez and kill her while protecting her on the other hand. I'm really interested in the backstory more.
That's one thing that's hurting this series. It hasn't placed all of its cards on the table as of yet. As a result, many things still feel much too vague and mysterious to make sense of. I'm talking about whatever it is Kubera is planning, as well as the gory details behind the war between the Gods and the Sura which eventually made the summoning of Gods into the human realm near impossible.

One more thing is that this current arc moving way too slow. I am curious though as to what the heck Gandharva is thinking of while deviating from the plan.
Old 2013-08-21, 01:48   Link #7
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
That's one thing that's hurting this series. It hasn't placed all of its cards on the table as of yet. As a result, many things still feel much too vague and mysterious to make sense of. I'm talking about whatever it is Kubera is planning, as well as the gory details behind the war between the Gods and the Sura which eventually made the summoning of Gods into the human realm near impossible.

One more thing is that this current arc moving way too slow. I am curious though as to what the heck Gandharva is thinking of while deviating from the plan.
I'm pretty much assuming Gandharva is going to crack. He's been on the verge of it a few times though his conversations with Leez and Agni seemed to refocus him a bit. I don't think it will last though.

Either that or he'll sacrifice himself.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 02:10   Link #8
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm pretty much assuming Gandharva is going to crack. He's been on the verge of it a few times though his conversations with Leez and Agni seemed to refocus him a bit. I don't think it will last though.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He has a lot of issues to deal with.
Old 2014-11-11, 09:38   Link #9
Lord C

Wow, this is pretty empty... guess its because of Naver taking it down. Either way, if anyone's wondering, Babo Kim Scans are releasin overlay translation!
Old 2014-11-11, 18:24   Link #10
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
Wow, this is pretty empty... guess its because of Naver taking it down. Either way, if anyone's wondering, Babo Kim Scans are releasin overlay translation!
Whoa really?
This is the first of heard of it, could you or someone elaborate more on the subject
as to why it's being taken down and if the series will continue else where.

I thought Kubera was popular with the Korean community, so if it isn't that
Is it because of the 3 year licensing contract wasn't renewed?

But I'm sure the last chapter update was on the 10th of Nov
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 19:25   Link #11
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
Whoa really?
This is the first of heard of it, could you or someone elaborate more on the subject
as to why it's being taken down and if the series will continue else where.

I thought Kubera was popular with the Korean community, so if it isn't that
Is it because of the 3 year licensing contract wasn't renewed?

But I'm sure the last chapter update was on the 10th of Nov
Ok, my mistake, sorry.
I meant due to Line Webtoon taking down unofficial translations such as Kubera translations.
But this thread is still empty! And that annoysssss meeee! But again, the only webtoon constantly discussed here is Gamer and a bit lesser Tower of God
Old 2015-06-03, 18:15   Link #12
Lord C

Soooo... yeah most recen chapters just explained most of everyon's questions in the story
Old 2020-12-25, 06:49   Link #13
kari-no-sugata II

I came across this recently and then wondered if there was a thread here for it. Yep, but no updates in 5 years, heh. Necro time!

I think the author overdid it a bit with story complexity... but on the other hand it does give some significant re-read value. It does make a lot more sense the second time around.

Series is still ongoing. Feels perhaps 70% complete? Long series...
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kubera, mangwha, one last god