AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 19:14   Link #81
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I vaguely remember some snippets of that series, but I never watched it since my interest in Digimon was gone by that time. That's the one with the card-swiping digivices right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Just rewatch the original Digimon Adventure. It's a good anime on its own and the upcoming series is most likely going to be a sequel to it.
Mmm...maybe. I'd honestly prefer to watch a remake of the original series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Taichi -> Tai
Yamato -> Matt
Sora -> Sora (Unchanged)
Koushiro -> Izzy (Only one that's completely different... They seem to have taken it from his last name Izumi instead)
Jou -> Joe (Basically just Westernized the spelling.)
Mimi -> Mimi (Unchanged)
Takeru -> T.K. (Uh, okay then.)
Hikari -> Kari
Huh, go figure. Well I'm probably still gonna call them by their dub names anyway.
Old 2014-08-01, 19:17   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There is potential in this:

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 19:43   Link #83
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, since this will be a sequel to Adventure, I expect Lilymon to evolve into the S&M/BDSM Rosemon. After her appearance in Savers, it will be nice watching her “punishing naughty digimons” again *wink-wink*:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But if the anime get dubbed, they’ll probably try to censor Rosemon’s boobs, again :V
Images
Old 2014-08-01, 20:04   Link #84
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Few of us probably did, the shipping mostly got added on with 02 and on revisiting the show after some years. But then even when first watching it, I do remember recognizing certain pairs to stand out, like Joe/Mimi and Hikari/Takeru.

It's probably just a dream, but really I hope they get Hosoda onboard to do even just one episode. That one episode that he did remains the most vivid episode of Adventure in my mind, even after more than a decade.
I remember an article confirming that there were originally 4 pairings to be confirmed in the epilogue. However they cut it down during production to the 2 we saw. The other 2 were the ones you mentioned Joe/Mimi and Hikari/Takeru.
Old 2014-08-01, 20:16   Link #85
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, since this will be a sequel to Adventure, I expect Lilymon to evolve into the S&M/BDSM Rosemon. After her appearance in Savers, it will be nice watching her “punishing naughty digimons” again *wink-wink*:
Images

But if the anime get dubbed, they’ll probably try to censor Rosemon’s boobs, again :V
Images
Considering they actually changed the natural evolutions for some of the Adventure cast, we might just end up seeing Vikemon (switched from Plesiomon), Hououmon, Ophanimon (switched from Holydramon- and now actually makes more sense thematic wise), Rosemon, Seraphimon, and HerackleKabuterimon. So there is a chance that we might end up seeing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I remember an article confirming that there were originally 4 pairings to be confirmed in the epilogue. However they cut it down during production to the 2 we saw. The other 2 were the ones you mentioned Joe/Mimi and Hikari/Takeru.
I've heard this rumor before, don't really know if its true or not, but if it is, it is irony of supreme order, since, the director saw fit to cut the two couples that actually made sense, and kept the ones didn't.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:08   Link #86
pampz21
ShipCore

My childhood comeback~!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:08   Link #87
GDB

Speaking of digivolutions... that's probably going to be what makes or breaks the series. Part of the fun was seeing who'd digivolve into who and when. All of these guys are already at their Ultimate form, with two at their Mega form. That's like starting New Game+ and expecting a challenge and to be surprised by plot twists, you know?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:12   Link #88
Jetzero Infinity

I have but two simple requests for this series

Spoiler for franchise staples:
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:32   Link #89
Crossheart

A dying Leomon is a staple of the franchise. So that is destined to happen. It's not even spoiler XD

Spoiler for i don'd wanna:
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:48   Link #90
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what made people think that Kouji Wada is "dead"? then who the heck sings the Xross Wars's digi evolution & battle theme?

also what non Digimon works did he also did until recently? i only know about the OP for the 2001 Transformers: Car Robots (Robots in Disguise in the US) "Burning Overdrive".
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:47   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Speaking of digivolutions... that's probably going to be what makes or breaks the series. Part of the fun was seeing who'd digivolve into who and when. All of these guys are already at their Ultimate form, with two at their Mega form. That's like starting New Game+ and expecting a challenge and to be surprised by plot twists, you know?
That's what they tried to do with Armor Evolution in Zero-Two, so that Wargraymon doesn't just pwn the Emperor all by himself. But in the end it didn't really serve any other purpose than a work around for that problem since the new digimons could still normal digivolve and became more powerful... Except maybe for Magnamon.

(Also, they have 3 megas if you include the Zero-Two kids, and more importantly they have 3 Royal Knights )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossheart View Post
A dying Leomon is a staple of the franchise. So that is destined to happen. It's not even spoiler XD
Heck before we even get to killing off Leomon, I hope the death mechanic this time around is at least as hardcore as Tamers
Old 2014-08-01, 23:33   Link #92
Frontier

Getting to finally see the Mega forms for the rest of the main Digimon would be pretty nice, especially considering they had them in the recent RPG adaption .

I'd say a Leomon showing up and dying is pretty much a shoe-in to happen if not for the fact that we already had that happen in this continuity .
Old 2014-08-01, 23:50   Link #93
Random14

You can never have too many dying Leomon.

Speaking of Leomon, did Ogremon ever show up? 02 had relatively few recurring characters back from Adventure and there were still a few loose threads, though the Dark Ocean might be a bit too dark.

Anyway, yay, new Digimon! And starring Taichi, huh? Back to the original anime goggle boy. Wonder what new gimmick they'll come up with for this season, given Agumon's already gone to Ultimate and technically was part of a few other forms too. Wonder how the art style will look like in current art, though they've mostly stayed consistent over the years, up to Young Hunters.

A lot of nostalgia (although I fear the resumption of the shipping wars), and I know 02 is not popular but hope to see all the characters show up again. Hm, wonder if they'll keep to the epilogue or not. Still, definitely a must-watch for next year.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:51   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
what made people think that Kouji Wada is "dead"? then who the heck sings the Xross Wars's digi evolution & battle theme?

also what non Digimon works did he also did until recently? i only know about the OP for the 2001 Transformers: Car Robots (Robots in Disguise in the US) "Burning Overdrive".
He had throat cancer and was taking leave to tackle with it since 2011 - he went silent ever since (or at least until Oct 2013).

P.S He is direct contract under King Records, like Mizuki Nana and Yukari Tamura.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 00:35   Link #95
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
He had throat cancer and was taking leave to tackle with it since 2011 - he went silent ever since (or at least until Oct 2013).

P.S He is direct contract under King Records, like Mizuki Nana and Yukari Tamura.
so.... uh wait, when did Digimon Xross Wars & its sequel went into production again? he sings the damn soundtrack such as "We Are Xross Hearts!!", that is a mystery

much like original creator Akiyoshi Hongo.........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 01:24   Link #96
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Considering they actually changed the natural evolutions for some of the Adventure cast, we might just end up seeing Vikemon (switched from Plesiomon), Hououmon, Ophanimon (switched from Holydramon- and now actually makes more sense thematic wise), Rosemon, Seraphimon, and HerackleKabuterimon. So there is a chance that we might end up seeing them.
That's a nice Mega line-up. I approve . Now the problem is whether or not the show will feature all of them (if at all).
Old 2014-08-02, 03:26   Link #97
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so.... uh wait, when did Digimon Xross Wars & its sequel went into production again? he sings the damn soundtrack such as "We Are Xross Hearts!!", that is a mystery

much like original creator Akiyoshi Hongo.........
Xros Wars started Summer 2010
Old 2014-08-02, 03:39   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's a nice Mega line-up. I approve . Now the problem is whether or not the show will feature all of them (if at all).
...I could have sworn Zudomon's Mega form used to be Marineangelmon Not that I liked it back then either.

But what about Shakkoumon and Silphymon?
Old 2014-08-02, 03:50   Link #99
cloud04
Scanlator

ok wait..i cant remember the others getting a mega form..when did that happen?
Old 2014-08-02, 03:55   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
ok wait..i cant remember the others getting a mega form..when did that happen?
Hopefully this season

No they haven't gotten it yet in the Anime, but they always had a Mega Form in stock.

Tags
digimon