AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 15:04   Link #681
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea thank god I like katanas but sheesh, hopefuly theres another char who wields a two handed bad ass sword ...and not a cloud rip off

i've already made my OC for this anime, he wields a two handed sword with one hand but not easy, and his left arm is coverd by a cape never seen before but his left arm is actually Demonic and sealed so it doesnt consume him completly. there will be a time where he unseals it for heroic reasons and swings his Sword around like Knightmare from SC4. He's also more armored than most of the other knights. I calling him "kail"

I was also thinking of giving him a Demon sword for the hell of it, also a girl for comedy reasons and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
No it isn't.
yes it is, and mostly because of fans
Old 2009-10-25, 15:33   Link #682
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ahh... that OC... sounds pretty cliché, to be honest. Two-handed sword wielded with one hand, cape covering a demonic left arm...

Mine would probably wield a normal arming sword, but being a traveler from far lands, hers would be one made of better quality steel. As would her armor. This gives her a non-magic edge to be on even footing with the magically forged katana and demon blades.

Of course, this may change as the series furthers. I usually get new ideas each episode.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 16:37   Link #683
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea, same here. that was just a prototype It takes me a while to perfect my OC's
Old 2009-10-25, 16:44   Link #684
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, I'd suggest choosing either wielding a two-handed sword with one arm, or a demonic arm. Not both at once. One of the good things about this series is that they're actually trying to separate the different types of swords instead of all of them simply being 'swords', taking away what makes a zweihander special would be doing the opposite.
Old 2009-10-25, 16:53   Link #685
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

How about he's missing a Arm and trained to wield a 2hander with one arm kinda like Ike from SSBB XD but less OP :P
Old 2009-10-25, 16:55   Link #686
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

How about he wields a sword the way's it's supposed to be?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 17:01   Link #687
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
How about he's missing a Arm and trained to wield a 2hander with one arm kinda like Ike from SSBB XD but less OP :P
... You could, I guess. I mean, it's not fully impossible, but that'd still take away what makes a zweihander special. For a one-armed swordfighter, I'd say fencing would be a much more logical path to take. Not to mention more interesting as well, rather than going out of the way to do things with swords for which they aren't made, you'd have a character proving that you can be a one-armed swordfighter in a more believable way. Maybe he could even end up teaching Cecily a thing or two.
Old 2009-10-25, 17:05   Link #688
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How about he wields a sword the way's it's supposed to be?
because that would make too much sense and rob the main character of their badassery.

The character in a story I've been working on for the past 8 years, wields a regular 1 handed sword with either one hand, or both. He also carries two smaller swords incase he loses his main weapon and will dual wield them when necessary. Agility and precision strikes are his two strengths/skills as going toe to toe with big baddies would be unfavorable for him.
Old 2009-10-25, 17:51   Link #689
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

If I would make an OC for this... he would be a knight in plate armour with a longsword and a shield.

Someone who is effective in battle not because of better skill or equipment, but because of a mix of both so his equipment covers for what he lacks in skill and vice versa.

Someone who comes out of battle bruised and covered with dirty, but alive because he fought with every trick he knew.
This may be not elegant and shining hero-like, but as long it gets the job done it's alright.
Old 2009-10-25, 17:52   Link #690
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Actually I might make him a Hilde like char Wields a Halibard and a short sword or just a Halibard.
Old 2009-10-25, 18:09   Link #691
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode .
The wind with feathers was cool .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 19:17   Link #692
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pony-tail Cecily was pretty hot...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 20:48   Link #693
Sakome

This episode might be the best one so far. I would love to really read the novel series if I knew japanese. Cecily made alot of progress as a character. I still want to know how Luke's magic/smithing works. It seems like there are limitations and it can be used relatively quickly. The 1st time he used it, it was probably for dramatic effect it took that long. Also I think the very beginning of the 1st episode she was fighting while he was casting. Anyway great episode, can't wait until the next one.

Maybe this anime should get its own sub forum with all of the discussion going on? Its starting to get pretty cluttered here. I'm sure there are some manga/novel fans as well.
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 21:24   Link #694
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow.. how many breast jokes do we need in one episode?

Episode 4 was a little disappointing actually. I may be expecting too much from this series; will have to lower my expectations a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Pony-tail Cecily was pretty hot...
She really was, with the bare midriff too, sweet.
Old 2009-10-25, 21:55   Link #695
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakome View Post
This episode might be the best one so far. I would love to really read the novel series if I knew japanese. Cecily made alot of progress as a character. I still want to know how Luke's magic/smithing works. It seems like there are limitations and it can be used relatively quickly. The 1st time he used it, it was probably for dramatic effect it took that long. Also I think the very beginning of the 1st episode she was fighting while he was casting. Anyway great episode, can't wait until the next one.

Maybe this anime should get its own sub forum with all of the discussion going on? Its starting to get pretty cluttered here. I'm sure there are some manga/novel fans as well.
As for the whole "the 1st time he used it, it was probably for dramatic effect..." statement, i think that it's more of a "The first time you guys see this, we show you the whole sequence, from now on, you'll see a snippet of it, and we'll focus on something else and come back to it". Remember how when he's chanting "Fold FOld Fold FOld" it changes to Cecily? Well just think of it as him continuing to say it in that slot but the producer just didn'tw ant you to focus on that scene...again. The same thing happened with Aria transforming into her "demon blade" form. It seemed a lot "shorter" because they cut out the other stuff. In real life (if it were real), it probably takes just as long as it did the first time.

edit:
Anyway, why can't Aria switch back to a human when she realizes she's in danger of being taken by the demon? Switching to a human she could run away -_-. And from what i recall, it doesn't take long to switch back. So why does she just sit there in her sword form like an idiot? IIRC, she was able to recount all the people that were slain by "her", so i guess that means she is still conscious when she is in her sword form. So she should seriously just switch back to a human when she needs to.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:17   Link #696
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Probably more "milk pillows".

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
edit:
Anyway, why can't Aria switch back to a human when she realizes she's in danger of being taken by the demon? Switching to a human she could run away -_-. And from what i recall, it doesn't take long to switch back. So why does she just sit there in her sword form like an idiot? IIRC, she was able to recount all the people that were slain by "her", so i guess that means she is still conscious when she is in her sword form. So she should seriously just switch back to a human when she needs to.
Even though she is a demon, she would get her clothes burnt off, and apparently she knows it will turn Cecily on.

I think I will classify Aria as a longsword with a handguard rather than a rapier. In Cecily's hands it seems more like a slashing and chopping weapon rather than a jabbing weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... You could, I guess. I mean, it's not fully impossible, but that'd still take away what makes a zweihander special. For a one-armed swordfighter, I'd say fencing would be a much more logical path to take. Not to mention more interesting as well, rather than going out of the way to do things with swords for which they aren't made, you'd have a character proving that you can be a one-armed swordfighter in a more believable way. Maybe he could even end up teaching Cecily a thing or two.
Ever watched Claymore? Irene's swinging style can pretty match his technique, but he needs to be less brutish in swinging his sword. If I wanted a sword style for my OC I would choose something like Tooru's nodachi from Asura Cryin.

And good news for you perverts out there :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:24   Link #697
scr
my sides are in orbit

My OC is a dwarven drunken master whose "maken" is his gauntlets, which transform into a killer rabbit. The rabbit is also a deadpan snarker and loves ale more than his master.

ADDENDUM:
Does anyone notice that when Aria looked up to Cecily after she swore fealty, she looks like K-ON! character? In fact, Lisa always looks like a K-ON! character.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:29   Link #698
IIKII

It is quite dumb that they held some demon sword show.. it seem that they purposely wanted to invite the demons and also why the man in black doesn't want to steal the sword in times when aria is sleeping or alone.

It's a good show but some of it seem to be quite stupid.
IIKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:40   Link #699
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
There wasn't that much in the first place though? Like, two scenes?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 00:38   Link #700
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think I will classify Aria as a longsword with a handguard rather than a rapier. In Cecily's hands it seems more like a slashing and chopping weapon rather than a jabbing weapon.
You sure? So far every close combat attack with Aria has made has been a thrusting one. Often one-handed, too. The only slashes were wind summoning, and even the big wind summoning in this episode was a thrust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ever watched Claymore? Irene's swinging style can pretty match his technique, but he needs to be less brutish in swinging his sword.
I only watched one or two episodes, but from what I remember that show was about superhumans and their brute power, wasn't it?

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen