Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-24, 03:41   Link #261
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
I know that most likely he'll conveniently pop up after the fight is over, though. However, I wish something like this would happen, as Bleach is a bit lacking in the comedic relief department lately

Weeellll....he has actually been placing light humor at intervals throughout this fight. OTTOMH, there was the time Orihime had a *wtf* expression when Ulq asked her why she hesitated, and then when Ishida entered, him and Ichigo had a comedic exchange. Personally, I find it works best when Kubo keeps it subtle, it feels contrived when he forces it on us.
Old 2009-02-24, 05:52   Link #262
Glacial

Hmm, I agree that subtlety is nice for comedic relief. Maybe it'd be inappropriate if there was more, considering the settings of the plot right now.

I just remember having a lot more laughs during other arcs :P
Old 2009-02-24, 10:23   Link #263
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
If that doesn't force Orihime to do something I swear I will make sure Kubo is hung, drawn and quartered.
Exactly what do you what her to do? She ISN'T A FIGHTER!!! As long as she stands up for herself, or stop comparing herself to others-then she will be fine.

Fighting does not mean you are strong. It just means you are fighting...
Old 2009-02-24, 11:07   Link #264
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Exactly what do you what her to do? She ISN'T A FIGHTER!!!
She can cry rivers and take up lots of panels with a painful look on her face, that pretty much covers a quarter of the manga.

EDIT: Sorry,I forgot her catch-phrase, "Kurosaki-kun..."
Old 2009-02-24, 11:08   Link #265
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
Fighting does not mean you are strong. It just means you are fighting...
LIKE WITH ICHIGO

*uncontribution*
Old 2009-02-24, 11:17   Link #266
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
LIKE WITH ICHIGO

*uncontribution*

Ichigo can fight...
(Yall are killing me with the Ichigo jabs! WOULD YOU CUT IT OUT!!!)

What the hell are you talking about? Do you wanna review my test launch, I dropped in the hollow powers thread?

POSTED BY ME

Quote:
----><--

You may be wondering why I chose these images when. Yami is ranked tenth and Ulquiorra fourth. (Soon all will be clear)

Just in case you are thinking it... I didn't just post that because I wanted to reiterate the fact that Ulquiorra said when Ichigo was stronger than him when he was at lowest peak.

And I didn't post these to just to say ....

Quote:
Posted by another user, he said it so beautifully. I have don't have to...:

Quote:
If I may, I'd just like to bring up something Ishida observed in chapter 49 page 16 and on.

He talks about how Ichigo's full power is almost never technically being used,
since if you did this for very long, you'd use up all your spiritual energy. He likened Ichigo's spiritual power's usage to a faucet, in that he often stops the flow until an outside force requires him to let it flow again. This outside force, at the time, may well be the realization that his current power isn't enough to overpower Ulquiorra.
I know you are probably wondering why posted this, because Ichigo was being overwhelmed Not really :rofl
Yes it's the fight where the man who proves that you can still wear wings and dress---and not look like an Uke. Has just broken "Poor Ichigo's " Mask. <--OW! it hurt me to lie like that.
And... why not only is he sporting new digs... He's unveiled his new "BLACK CERO"

Which makes me say....SO WHAT?!

Does it really matter if he could break the mask?
Ichigo REPAIRED it. Does it matter if he can hit him with that "Black" () Cero?

--> HIGH SPEED REGENERATION ABILITY<--.

He can blow off a couple of limbs...Ichigo can JUST GROW THEM BACK!

Just for the hell of it...
Not to mention the most important image out of all the ones that are above.

>>>this one<<<

I want to examine his statement again...

"At his "lowest peak" this guy is trash. Yet at his "highest Peak" his powers are greater than mine~Ulquiorra

I want to ask you doubters...Ahouga? :headscratch

What is Ichigo's "Lowest Peak" and what exactly is his 'highest peak"

Because its already been proven above that Ichigo' usual abilities are always in "OFF MODE". Unless something rips it off...

It's been proven he doesn't know how to control it, countess times--> Here-->--> is just one of them

I have to bring this up...

See that? Ichigo almost choked? Right? Do you remember why? Did you ever consider the facts:

"FACTS THAT CAN'T BE DENIED"

~Ichigo didn't have control over his own hollow.

~He didn't even have a full mask.

~Hell still doesn't have full control over his Bankai

Common Sense should tell you..at no time in those moments was Ichigo EVER at his "HIGHEST PEAK" :lmao

Which means like Ulquiorra said "At his lowest peak he's just trash"

Did it occur to you--- Ichigo's lowest *Trash Level* peak--without him having been a full Vizard was actually "Greater" than Ulquiorra's HIGHEST LEVEL? (YOU WANNA TAKE HIS WORD FOR EVERYTHING..EAT THAT!)

Did you ever consider; before he choked. Ichigo just cut the arm off an Espada who was Ranked 10th, without breaking a sweat?
(Something that neither Yourichi nor Urahara could do without sustaining damage or trickery)
That at some point, while Ichigo was owning Yami-->--> His powers without all the above, were greater than Ulq's?

DID IT OCCUR TO YOU...That if he had not choked. If Ichigo had not had to fight for control of his body and--his sanity,when he saw their masks and swords. That in all likelihood, he would have just whipped both their asses?

Did it occur to you that Ulquiorra can only own him now because as Ichigo --said himself, --he's inept? That it isn't because Ulquiorra's is so bad assed and STRONG? :stare: I know his character design is convincing but don't let that fool you. He's really not that much to talk about...in terms of powers. If you really want to know--I am not that impressed. Look how he looks if you compare him to a handicapped Ichigo

Did it ever occur to you, he's only winning BECAUSE Ichigo DOESN'T know shit?
Um... Yeah! That dude really owns ICHIGO. NOT!!!U
Um... Yeah...his problem is strength... No baka its control!

Polishing my weapons, that was test shot...
Old 2009-02-24, 11:51   Link #267
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Hakisak just for you to know Ulquiorra only said that when Hichigo was trying to come out meaning that whilst Ichigo was trying to fight for control it could mean that the reiatsu levels were fluctuating between Hichigo's power lvls and Ichigo's which could mean he was saying that Hichigo is stronger than him because he never even made that observation until Hichigo started fighting for control. Furthermore Ulquiorra could just at meant his unreleased state because if Ichigo was higher than him in his unreleased form I think Ulquiorra would specifically state that because it would frighten him but he didn't even seem the slightest bit phazed there.

Also high speed regeneration only counts in full hollow mode or when it comes to the mask the rest of his body isn't a hollow so high speed regeneration does not count.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-02-24, 12:05   Link #268
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Hakisak just for you to know Ulquiorra only said that when Hichigo was trying to come out meaning that whilst Ichigo was trying to fight for control it
Um...yeah. Thats what I said...
Quote:
could mean that the reiatsu levels were fluctuating between Hichigo's power lvls and Ichigo's which could mean he was saying that Hichigo is stronger than him because he never even made that observation until Hichigo started fighting for control.
:stare: Why do you keep talking about Naruto?

Why do you keep talking about them as if they are two different people?

*I wanna choke you till your tongue hangs down to your chest, right now*

I have to get myself under control, before I attempt to finish addressing his statement.
Quote:
Furthermore Ulquiorra could just at meant his unreleased state because if Ichigo was higher than him in his unreleased form I think Ulquiorra would specifically state that because it would frighten him but he didn't even seem the slightest bit phazed there.
No. He said "greater than mine" As in Period, Altogether, Total, Completely...Stronger, Larger, Bigger, HIGHER...(You need more words)
Quote:
Also high speed regeneration only counts in full hollow mode or when it comes to the mask the rest of his body isn't a hollow so high speed regeneration does not count.
Where is this a rule?

lol whut? He just used it on his mask...and during the fight with Zaraki. Zangestu could only repair it. He's starting to use it unconsciously...

Who is to say, he won't begin using it more during this fight, eh? I bet if he gets a wound really bad. He's gonna have a mind meld and use it...
Old 2009-02-24, 12:08   Link #269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

See it this way, regen is a passive skill, Ichigo always just re-applies his mask, kinda like a curaga instead of a hax-regen. Compare this to the time he was in full-hollow mode and his arm just regrew in a split second or when Ishida was fighting that menos and the time he was left panting for a while then using his hand to remake it.
Old 2009-02-24, 12:31   Link #270
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Serious business, people, once again!
Old 2009-02-24, 12:32   Link #271
hakisak
Banned

I answered in the hollow powers thread. Please use spoilers...

^^ Not everyone wants to list, their favorite characters, or op's and ed's. It's why I like this place...Put a sock in it!!!
I am trying to have a little fun here!!!

Thought provoking discussions involving Bleach is what I LOVE TO DO!!!

(Don't hold that against me please.... )
Old 2009-02-24, 13:00   Link #272
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Serious business, people, once again!
Y SO SRS?

But it's still not as srs as the Naruto chapter discussion threads...But damn, are the Bleach chapter discussion threads getting there...
Old 2009-02-24, 14:06   Link #273
Arachne

hakisak, Cub-sama is going to think Ulquiorra is stronger than Ichigo no matter what you or Ulquiorra himself says. Basically, you are peeing in the wind.
Old 2009-02-24, 16:47   Link #274
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

No not really Arachne, I just want for Ichigo's win against Ulquiorra to be just and fair and not seem like h4x just like Szayel's loss but to be fair h4x was the only thing that could work because he was h4x

Old 2009-02-24, 17:35   Link #275
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
hakisak, Cub-sama is going to think Ulquiorra is stronger than Ichigo no matter what you or Ulquiorra himself says. Basically, you are peeing in the wind.

Not exactly. He is just not understanding...

I am satisfied to just put in their faces. Denial or not...THEY SEE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Y SO SRS?

But it's still not as srs as the Naruto chapter discussion threads...But damn, are the Bleach chapter discussion threads getting there...
I am trying... Cooperate with me... I will leadth the way. (Lots of theories to lay on you)
Old 2009-02-24, 17:38   Link #276
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
My thoughts: Ichigo's the King of phallic-sworded overcompensation, on par with Sephiroth and Cloud. That's the only concrete theory here, let's be honest. I'm even using criteria to base it on.
Old 2009-02-24, 17:43   Link #277
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
My thoughts: Ichigo's the King of phallic-sworded overcompensation, on par with Sephiroth and Cloud.

:Screwface: Can you be serious? Don't HATE!!!

* I wanna get "DEEP" into it and trade barbs. Not just watch you stab Ichigo* failing miserably

Oh wait....I shut most of you up. Damn! Well I will think of something...

Old 2009-02-24, 18:21   Link #278
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

More like, he is the next Iron Chef! With a knife like that he can't lose!
Old 2009-02-24, 18:28   Link #279
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
More like, he is the next Iron Chef! With a knife like that he can't lose!

*Stab* ....

I watch that show
Old 2009-02-24, 18:58   Link #280
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

There is no spoilers so I shall make a prediction.

Ichigo caught in the blast will fall to the ground making a giant thud, there he is unconcious and old man Van Helsing will teach him a new vampire slaying technique, Ichigo come back with his new vampire slaying abilities and start fighting again, Ulquiorra will be amazed by his sudden change but then says its still nothing to be afraid of and continues fighting as if Ichigo is not a threat.

@Hakisak she is a fighter, Tatsuki said in terms of karate she is on black belt level if she can put that same concentration, dedication and discipline into using Tsubaki she could at least defend herself.

Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion