AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 54 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-26, 15:15   Link #21
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

When Touma's class was lined up with that fire aura, I was yelling, "THIS IS SPARTA!!" xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 16:20   Link #22
pampz21
ShipCore

bad part is they didn't show the class bad mouting Touma the part where the whole world is in chaos for Touma getting all the girls and Seiri is the last line of def for the world!
wish they animated that too T_T

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 17:09   Link #23
faiz blaster

Overall it was a good episode, but I also feel it was missing something. This is probably a negative effect to the fact THEY CUT OUT THE ONLY JOKE ALEISTER EVER MADE!!!

That aside, I also noticed that the whole episode emphasized the size of Fukiyose breasts a lot.

Regarding the seiyuu's, Fujimura Ayumi for Fukiyose was a surprise. I am not sure if the voice match the character, but I am willing to hold up any judgements and wait to see. I am really pleased they went Yuzuki Ryouka for Oriana, if nothing else just because that playful and yet adult-like way of speaking really reminds me of Arcueid from Tsukihime.

On another note, it is just me or the girl that bumped behind Touma when he was talking to Fukiyose near the end seemed strangely familiar (both looks and voice)?

Last edited by faiz blaster; 2010-11-26 at 17:37.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 17:42   Link #24
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

we all know it sucks that they make it feel rushed but its only because we have to consider the show has limited time and episodes.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 18:17   Link #25
gaboratamer

Man Touma just got ownded all over the episode.LOL I fell of my chair when I saw Kuroko killer face
gaboratamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 19:39   Link #26
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 8:

All in all, it's quite a good episode, but as usual, time constraints leads to some scenes being cut and very fast pace, which deters the enjoyment a bit. I'm kinda torn - in one hand, I want to see more volume animated, yet at another it's really a change compared to the first season. Oh, and btw, yet another female opponent for Touma with Oriana. Seriously, only guy he fought so far is that crossbow guy (if that counts as enemy) and that Amakusa leader guy, who isn't an enemy in the end. The rest, all girls.
Old 2010-11-26, 19:52   Link #27
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I thought this was quite a good episode, but still, a lot of things were cut. Some more excerpts for comparison:

Aleister's conversation with Laura:
Spoiler for volume 9 commence hostilities:

Original scene before the Pole Assault match starts:

Pole assault battle:

Touma walking in on Fukiyose:
Old 2010-11-26, 19:58   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I shouldn't be surprised anymore that the little trivia stuff were cut out of the episode, but it still hurts for some reason

Mah... I guess that's why we have the quote thread... Just try to avoid throwing in large chunks of passage at a time please guys ? It's a 'quote' thread after all.

Oh and needless to say, as (one of) the new girl Fukiyose stole the show for me She's just as awesome for being the only girl who could resist the Kamijou disease despite multiple 'advances'.

That said though, I though Index was particularly cute this episode, much of this credit was due to her VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh, and btw, yet another female opponent for Touma with Oriana. Seriously, only guy he fought so far is that crossbow guy (if that counts as enemy) and that Amakusa leader guy, who isn't an enemy in the end. The rest, all girls.

Yes in fact this entire season will feature mostly female enemies... And each of them getting their healthy servings of just desserts. And lets just say that if Touma's bad, Accelerator is utterly brutal.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 20:34   Link #29
Cipher

Though I probably shouldn't expect much from this anime, I wish there was more combat. The encounter with the courier at the end was interesting, but everything else was actually pretty slow for me. The activities would have been more interesting if Touma participated with a more analytical mindset(i.e. included more of the pole assault battle). In conversation, I want Touma v Kuroko, Touma v Accelerator, Accelerator v Mikoto, Parents v Mikoto/Touma talks.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 20:42   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Though I probably shouldn't expect much from this anime, I wish there was more combat. The encounter with the courier at the end was interesting, but everything else was actually pretty slow for me. The activities would have been more interesting if Touma participated with a more analytical mindset(i.e. included more of the pole assault battle).
It's a pity that it wasn't shown. This would probably be one of the few times that many espers would duke it out in a fight.

Unless someone started a food fight or something... You know... Just saying... >.>
Spoiler for Novel comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-29 at 19:45. Reason: Comparison to novels require spoiler tags
Old 2010-11-26, 20:59   Link #31
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Poor mikoto being eclipsed this episode. I love the new character Fukiyose Seiri which Fujiwara Ayumi voices (which reminds me much of adorable kiachou) and the fact that she isn't affected to Touma's charms. I APPROVE. + she delivers the Falcon Punch of the week.

Index is now elevated from just biting Touma last volume to wearing a cheer outfit. She must have a VERY interesting life.

Uiharu keeps appearing but it looks like Saten's never gonna be there .
Old 2010-11-26, 21:46   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey, which one do you think is the better translation of リドヴィア=ロレンツェティ? Ridovia or Lidvia Lorenzetti?

Plus, new seiyuu!
Misaka Misuzu: Emi Shinohara
Fukiyose Seiri: Ayumi Fujimura
Ridovia Lorenzetti: Rei Sakuma
Oriana Thomson: Ryouka Yuzuki
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 21:53   Link #33
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Obviously Lidvia. Was that not confirmed in Toaru Majutsu no Index no Subete?
Old 2010-11-26, 21:53   Link #34
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

oh wow. How much money do JC Staff put into Index II????

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:00   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Obviously Lidvia. Was that not confirmed in Toaru Majutsu no Index no Subete?
I haven't even read that, so I have no idea! D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:04   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Poor mikoto being eclipsed this episode. I love the new character Fukiyose Seiri which Fujiwara Ayumi voices (which reminds me much of adorable kiachou) and the fact that she isn't affected to Touma's charms. I APPROVE. + she delivers the Falcon Punch of the week.

LOL so that's why she sounded so familiar I couldn't put my finger on it until you said that

So they got a student president to play the class representative for this series Which could explain why she doesn't fall for 'Touma' heh.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:10   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Meh... Just a whole bunch of fanservice, this episode.
Though I liked the Mikoto x Touma, and Inplant-san x Touma moments.

There was some new black-haired girl, but not much focus or anything and pretty much just "Eh?" from me.

PS: Musashi no Milk again... That's why those bre-

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:14   Link #38
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
LOL so that's why she sounded so familiar I couldn't put my finger on it until you said that

So they got a student president to play the class representative for this series Which could explain why she doesn't fall for 'Touma' heh.
Chaos, I believe you should remember this, but nothing too important though...

Spoiler for What:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:21   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Chaos, I believe you should remember this, but nothing too important though...

Spoiler for What:
Is it? I don't recall to be honest

Either way, she'll be playing that type of character again And I'm all for VA jokes, so lets bring Accelerator in on this ...Somehow.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:25   Link #40
kenshinkid
"Phenomenal" Parody God
*Author

My thoughts on episode 8

Spoiler for Episode 8: