AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 17:59   Link #1961
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I do think what horse man said about Sinbad is going to come true. Why wasn't they able to fight?
Because they were too weak. Morgiana shouldn't even be fighting there.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 05:48   Link #1962
hamazura
whatever

i bet i will forget 95% of new character introduced here by next week
Old 2013-09-06, 07:35   Link #1963
CBredbeard
Banned

Sinbad manga returns in 12 days.
Old 2013-09-07, 01:01   Link #1964
marvelB

Next chapter's script is out:

Spoiler for Magi 196:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 01:21   Link #1965
RobotCat
In a Box

I don't get why people think the series is ending. We're finally introduced to all the major players and the main characters have developed to a point where they can actively affect the landscape of the world on a level that can shift the path of the world.

The series is just getting started.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 01:34   Link #1966
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
I don't get why people think the series is ending. We're finally introduced to all the major players and the main characters have developed to a point where they can actively affect the landscape of the world on a level that can shift the path of the world.

The series is just getting started.
Have you read my posts? Have you seen the points I've made?
Old 2013-09-07, 02:07   Link #1967
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Have you read my posts? Have you seen the points I've made?
I have, and I don't think they're substantiated. You argue that once they beat the spirit medium the story is over, when it's completely the opposite. The manga has always been far more heavy in developing the political side of the world than most shonen battle/adventure manga.

If you're looking for more adventure type stories, then yes, Magi is probably not going to return to those plots, but there is plenty of story left to be told. After this arc ends the plot is going to lean heavily towards the political machinations of the variations factions, as well as Aladdin/Alibaba's role in them. The manga has never been about beating the 'big bad'.

One of the biggest themes that Magi is running with was showcased in the Balbadd arc, where despite defeating the Dark Djin the resulting state of Balbadd was not satisfactory to Alibaba at all. Then there's the fact that Aladdin failed to solve the the situation at Magnoschatt at all and things escalated to the current point. Sheer power might be able to vanquish your enemies, but it does nothing for the people that Aladdin and Alibaba are really trying to protect, in fact it just gets them caught up in it.

The current arc has set up plenty of plot threads for the mangaka to continue with. Let's assume they defeat the spirit medium and the Kou empire retreats:

-The aftermath and the situation with Magnostadt would probably be a mini-arc in itself. Reim could choose to carve out the territory after all, and the remaining Magicians definitely would not just surrender, especially if the terms are harsh.
-With the death of Reim's magi, Reim could splinter with different factions trying to seize control. Magnostadt's surrender could very well play into this dispute.
-Sinbad might choose this opportunity and try to advance his own plans by injecting the 7 seas alliance into the situation.
-Aladdin would definitely take this opportunity to try to save the remaining Magicians and the city, especially since he faults himself for not stopping Magomett.

-Balbadd would probably be revisited, as the Kou Empire's endgame has been revealed and Alibaba would definitely want to protect his city.

-Reim's loss of their Magi along with a huge portion of their forces would be a perfect opportunity for Al Tharmen to plant their seeds and create internal strife.

-Also, like you said there's still Hakuryuu's story. This could easily tie into an arc dealing with the inevitable Kou civil war.
Old 2013-09-07, 02:56   Link #1968
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
I have, and I don't think they're substantiated. You argue that once they beat the spirit medium the story is over, when it's completely the opposite. The manga has always been far more heavy in developing the political side of the world than most shonen battle/adventure manga.
You haven't been paying attention then.

1.) Adventures/Countries don't matter anymore. It's power battles between Djinn-users and Magi. No other obstacles and challenges exist.

2.) The world has united to save it. Both Kou and the Alliance have pretty much said they'll be content with things after saving the world. They have no reason to fight each other anymore. What's more, Reim has no reason to expand it's territory since Kou is no longer interested in wars.

3.) Agitators and antagonists that exist or may exist are a joke. Hakuryuu and Judal are nothing. Gyouken is nothing. Mu is nothing. The Prince from Reim is double nothing. The interesting parts of the manga no longer exist and only petty grudge matches do.

Mu might want to kill Aladdin and Alibaba for what happened to Scherazade. Those two aren't a country though. Even if he wants revenge, achieves it, it won't matter much in the scheme of things. Not enough meat there for a story.

Hakuryuu is a butt monkey with mommy issues. He might hate Alibaba for being a rival for Morgiana's attention, but you can't really build an arc out of that. Judal is chaotic evi and he can't plan things.

Gyouken just had her best chance at achieving her goals taken away from her. What's more, she just revealed who and what she is presumably because she thought her goals were within reach through no action of her own. If she had instead chosen to reveal herself at a time of her choosing when her plans had bared fruit, then maybe she could have carried on.

Unfortunately, it would seem this was her best shot and the best she could do, all that's left is hunting her down and killing her.

The Prince from Reim can't even use Djinn-equip. He poses no threat.

All that remain for the story are a few personal grudges that could be resolved in less than six months.
Old 2013-09-07, 03:12   Link #1969
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Spoiler for Magi 196:
This battle really needs to wrap up soon.

Spoiler for ch 196:
I was wondering if those two would show up, but all these reveals and characters conveniently appearing is becoming a bit over-the-top. Sure, it's nice seeing the new and old characters in action, but this info dump is ruining the flow of the story, and the attempts at achieving an epic atmosphere is just desensitizing us from it. At this point, Solomon showing up wouldn't faze me.

Come on, Ohtaka, surprise us and
Spoiler for :
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 04:17   Link #1970
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Come on, Ohtaka, surprise us and
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2013-09-07, 04:53   Link #1971
konart

*Plays imperial march*
Old 2013-09-07, 06:12   Link #1972
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Spoiler for Magi 196:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 06:30   Link #1973
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for orly?:
Old 2013-09-07, 12:55   Link #1974
shalala

I do hope
Spoiler for 196:
On a side note I would like if Aladdin ends up being the headmaster of New Magnostadt at the end of the serises.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:36   Link #1975
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Spoiler for lol:
Ah, yes. By surprise, I meant surprise us by finishing up the battle, which wouldn't actually be much of a surprise either I suppose. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong word.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:11   Link #1976
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
You haven't been paying attention then.

1.) Adventures/Countries don't matter anymore. It's power battles between Djinn-users and Magi. No other obstacles and challenges exist.
Countries absolutely matter. Every metal vessel user is tied to a country, and they have their own goals are closely tied to it.

Quote:
2.) The world has united to save it. Both Kou and the Alliance have pretty much said they'll be content with things after saving the world. They have no reason to fight each other anymore. What's more, Reim has no reason to expand it's territory since Kou is no longer interested in wars.
The metal vessel users only united because if they didn't, the world would end. In chapter 187, Kouen forced Aladdin agree to tell him the truth in exchange for his help, while the other Djinn cautioned Aladdin not to as it'd affect the destiny of the world. Kouen has 2 goals, seek the truth of the world and unite it. He doesn't necessarily want wars but if it takes a war to end all wars he will do it. With his new found knowledge there's no doubt he will clash with the seven seas alliance as he pretty much seas Sinbad as his rival. Not to mention, the setup after this arc is ripe for a Kou Civil war.

As for Reim, it feels like the 2 metal users are not loyal to the Prince at all. Without their Magi guiding them there could easily be a civil war for control. Reim has only been defensive because their Magi has been guiding them all this time, with her dead, a new leader could emerge that'd want to expand their influence, especially if Kou is embroiled in a civil, leaving their outskirts wide open.

Sinbad's Seven Sea Alliance is neutral on the surface, but Sinbad is a King's candidate and he has some end game goal that he's been working at. Every single time we've seen Sinbad he's been doing something to advance his own goals. There's a reason why Aladdin and Alibaba did not join Sinbad but instead decide to forge their own path.

Quote:
3.) Agitators and antagonists that exist or may exist are a joke. Hakuryuu and Judal are nothing. Gyouken is nothing. Mu is nothing. The Prince from Reim is double nothing. The interesting parts of the manga no longer exist and only petty grudge matches do.

Mu might want to kill Aladdin and Alibaba for what happened to Scherazade. Those two aren't a country though. Even if he wants revenge, achieves it, it won't matter much in the scheme of things. Not enough meat there for a story.
Again, this would tie into a story arc for power struggle within Reim in the aftermath. Aladdin would not want to see Reim fight amongst themselves and will probably ally themselves with the Prince, and try to solve things peacefully whereas Mu will want to instigate a war. There could be a number of things that can play out with this scenario.

Quote:

Hakuryuu is a butt monkey with mommy issues. He might hate Alibaba for being a rival for Morgiana's attention, but you can't really build an arc out of that. Judal is chaotic evi and he can't plan things.

Gyouken just had her best chance at achieving her goals taken away from her. What's more, she just revealed who and what she is presumably because she thought her goals were within reach through no action of her own. If she had instead chosen to reveal herself at a time of her choosing when her plans had bared fruit, then maybe she could have carried on.

Unfortunately, it would seem this was her best shot and the best she could do, all that's left is hunting her down and killing her.
The way I see it, the Magnoschadt medium is just a toy for Gyouken. It's made up of Dark Rukh from only a very small population and Magomett himself isn't too powerful. Her real end game would consist of sacrificing the entire population of Kou to create a medium that is vastly more powerful.

Even aside from the plot threads that can be picked up, the character development is nowhere near complete for Aladdin and Alibaba. Aladdin has grown better as a mage without relying on his Magi powers, but he still failed to stop the current situation from getting out of hand. His King's candidate is Alibaba, but he doesn't have the wisdom and experience he needs to guide him.

Same with Alibaba, he might have grown a lot stronger power wise, but he still falls way short as a King's Candidate. He doesn't have a solution for Balbadd yet. Both Aladdin and Alibaba are still just pieces that get pushed around by the events of the world. There's plenty of room left for them to grow.
Old 2013-09-08, 14:37   Link #1977
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hey look...Sasuke's back.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 14:41   Link #1978
Blaat

So who's up next for the "OMG SHOCK APPEARANCE!"? Solomon? God? The author herself?
Old 2013-09-08, 15:10   Link #1979
shalala

Why did it look like Alibaba and Mor where going to join Yumi and Aladdin.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 15:29   Link #1980
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Why did it look like Alibaba and Mor where going to join Yumi and Aladdin.
They were just catching their falling bodies, you can see Alibaba and Mor taking care of Aladdin.

Now that Hakuryuu is back, I wonder if his 'household' shown in 145 are all in assimilated state?

Judal line 'I missed you, Aladdin' will definitely spark some BL doujinshi.

When Gyokuen said it took 72 people to defeat it I lol'd, since Sindbad and Kouen captured multiple dungeons, so the number of actual metal vessel users will at most be 64.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen