Notices

Old 2015-12-11, 15:37   Link #3501
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
seems ikki won

i'm told the fight was intense and nonstop awesomness

next arc focus on vermillion, stella country
Yes! Just the outcome I was hoping for. I wonder how his family reacted.
Old 2015-12-11, 16:51   Link #3502
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Mmmmmeh, as much as the win benefits Ikki, I'd rather they not go with the obvious result of MC wins. Throw us a curveball and have him lose.
Old 2015-12-11, 17:32   Link #3503
Kakurin
大佐

The author dug the hole when tying Ikki's graduation (which is his one big goal) with a win at the tournament, plus the announcement of this fact by Kirihara in front of the entire school. Can't make him lose and not graduate with this at the back.
Old 2015-12-11, 17:51   Link #3504
couchpatato

ive seen few animes where mc loses at the end in the useless fker wins cant rember the names
couchpatato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 18:00   Link #3505
couchpatato

i feel stupid now i look on this furoms twice just notice ikki won i tought he going lose with 100 comments saying he had no chance
couchpatato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 18:28   Link #3506
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpatato View Post
i feel stupid now i look on this furoms twice just notice ikki won i tought he going lose with 100 comments saying he had no chance
We all knew it would be this way, the problem was how.
Old 2015-12-11, 19:13   Link #3507
Corvo269

I want to know is how the fuck did he win. Cause seriously, After Stella's boost from her dragon powers you can't just tell me that pure skill was enough. You're gonna need one hell of an enhancement just to be able to pierce her magic armor and to DODGE her attacks considering most are AoE too

It was obvious he'll win just from what author wrote in his first volume of the LN

Also, if author ever wants to make an excuse for Ikki increasing his MP, organ modification or gene therapy under a surgery will be his best bet to mitigate butthurt compared to the usual shounen powerup through hidden means.(the power was within me all along trope)
Honestly speaking, if there was ever a mana capacity modification experiment in progress. Ikki would be the perfect guinea pig. He has peak physical form, has voluntary control of subconscious abilities such as colour reception and dynamic vision and body limiters and he still has the genes of the Kurogane household. It makes sense to me
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 19:16   Link #3508
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
What I want to know is how the fuck did he win. Cause seriously, After Stella's boost from her dragon powers you can't just tell me that pure skill was enough. You're gonna need one hell of an enhancement just to be able to pierce her magic armor and to DODGE her attacks considering most are AoE too

It was obvious he'll win just from what author wrote in his first volume of the LN
I am calling it now. His boost (assuming he got one) is, in some way, related to him falling unconcious at the end of vol. 8!

Although... well Rakudai unlike other series is sometimes very hard to predict...
Old 2015-12-11, 19:38   Link #3509
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I am calling it now. His boost (assuming he got one) is, in some way, related to him falling unconcious at the end of vol. 8!

Although... well Rakudai unlike other series is sometimes very hard to predict...
his hp decreased to 7777 so he entered the all seven fever!
Old 2015-12-11, 20:31   Link #3510
dragon213

So Ikki won huh? Well I kind of expected that, now I would like to see the loks on his family's faces, they worked their butts off trying to make sure that his name would not become well known, and that failed at the end of volume 3 when he won against tohka, but now since he became the winner, he would definitely be world known, since currently he's the best in japan right? At least for this year.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 20:40   Link #3511
B214

Quote:
I want to know is how the fuck did he win. Cause seriously, After Stella's boost from her dragon powers you can't just tell me that pure skill was enough. You're gonna need one hell of an enhancement just to be able to pierce her magic armor and to DODGE her attacks considering most are AoE too
Once again Stella didn't really get some boost from "Dragon power". She was still using her Dragon Breath only but through a different method. People are being misguided by the term "Dragon". Stella's new skill, power or Noble Art is to fuse with Laevateinn and increase her physical strength tremendously, and since she became one with her weapon/flames, her control over her flames also improves.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 21:04   Link #3512
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Once again Stella didn't really get some boost from "Dragon power". She was still using her Dragon Breath only but through a different method. People are being misguided by the term "Dragon". Stella's new skill, power or Noble Art is to fuse with Laevateinn and increase her physical strength tremendously, and since she became one with her weapon/flames, her control over her flames also improves.
If stabbing yourself with your own magic constructed sword, which is a representation of yourself, which has the power of the fire dragon, is then in you. I will call that power dragon boost. Or turning into a Shinigami or Vizard for all I care.

And the power gives her increased physical stats, control over fire while she loses her sword for that boost. Tell me WHY I CAN'T call it dragon boost. Also, note, she WAS TOLD that her blazer power is not fire elemental but a conceptual power based on fire, there is a difference
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 21:54   Link #3513
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
or people dont agree with the notion that it's not a boost, especially when it literally does that to her physical strength in exchange for her sword.
Old 2015-12-11, 22:04   Link #3514
B214

Quote:
If stabbing yourself with your own magic constructed sword, which is a representation of yourself, which has the power of the fire dragon, is then in you. I will call that power dragon boost. Or turning into a Shinigami or Vizard for all I care.

And the power gives her increased physical stats, control over fire while she loses her sword for that boost. Tell me WHY I CAN'T call it dragon boost. Also, note, she WAS TOLD that her blazer power is not fire elemental but a conceptual power based on fire, there is a difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
or people dont agree with the notion that it's not a boost, especially when it literally does that to her physical strength in exchange for her sword.
I'm just saying that people are emphasizing too much on the Dragon thing. The boost is definitely there i'm not saying they aren't, but Blazers have shown that they can improve/hone their skill or extend it like how Kirihara managed to turn his arrow invisible too after a year of training. Stella's is similar to that, it's merely an extension of her original powers. It's not things like she gained the power to control multiple elements or she can transform into a Dragon or anything that goes against her original powers like some people are emphasizing on.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 22:10   Link #3515
AP24

Saw the preview pics for Ep 11, it looks like they're cutting out most of Vol 3 Ch 3.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 22:12   Link #3516
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Saw the preview pics for Ep 11, it looks like they're cutting out most of Vol 3 Ch 3.
elaborate?
Old 2015-12-11, 22:40   Link #3517
bakato

Is it ever explained how Ouma's wind overpowered Stella's fire? We know physics do apply to abilities what with Shizuku purifying her water to overcome electricity. I'm assuming Ouma's doing something similar by concentrating inflammable gasses in to his attacks.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 22:45   Link #3518
dragon213

I really hope someone will post the illustrations as soon as they can, I have been waiting to see this since I found out it would get released in december.

also one thing I have been wondering about, will volume zzero be translated? Also could someone who knows maybe give some spoilers about it?

Last edited by dragon213; 2015-12-12 at 00:23.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 23:09   Link #3519
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Glory to Boss Ikki!!! Trial by combat, anyone?

P.S.
Spoiler for Error:
Old 2015-12-11, 23:13   Link #3520
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Is it ever explained how Ouma's wind overpowered Stella's fire? We know physics do apply to abilities what with Shizuku purifying her water to overcome electricity. I'm assuming Ouma's doing something similar by concentrating inflammable gasses in to his attacks.
I remember Kazuma in Kaze no Stigma manipulated oxygen to make the air more volatile, maybe he did the same trick. Adding changes to air pressure may work too. Oh god, I remembered Kaze no Stigma... I just deppressed myself... even ZNT was forcefully reborn, why not this one?...
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural