AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 21:43   Link #17701
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post
^Love it? but...

Why did you post a half sized pic of that? It's zoomed out enough as it is.

Photobucket is evil when it comes to larger image... we both know that

Anyways fullsized pic.

BTW I was beginning to fear the artist would never finish this piece. I mean he posted the first bits of this over 3 months ago I checked his baidu account everyday for the finished work. Yet just disappeared one day, months later he finishes it (on a way smaller size than the drafts he posted (each girl was about twice the size of even the size I posted)), plus he changes the coloring style, & weirder yet never posts it on baidu where he had previously been maticulasly giving us dayly updates of the piece and just randomly only posts it only on his pixiv.net account... Sometimes I'll just never understand people.

Maybe he had some sort of "artists" block and hence the changed coloring style and smaller pic...

Oh, well... The old samplings he gave us of this piece during the summer...

I don't know about you but that's a pretty big style change... not sure I like it better (or less for that matter) but it's very good and unique.
Old 2011-12-11, 22:10   Link #17702
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Forgot this one...

Old 2011-12-12, 17:22   Link #17703
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Forgot this one...

Awesome.

Although I'm not really sure why they have cat ears and tails.

But Tabitha has maracas

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 17:24   Link #17704
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Looks like it's Kareoke night

That Raki and Claire picture up top is interesting - first time in a long time I see Raki drawn anime-style.
Old 2011-12-13, 19:15   Link #17705
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 23:12   Link #17706
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Old 2011-12-14, 11:52   Link #17707
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 12:00   Link #17708
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Quote:

Been a long time since I've seen either of these types of images -- too bad I can't tell if the former is Cynthia or Cassandra's friend

As for the latter -- Tabitha finally got what she wanted
Old 2011-12-14, 12:15   Link #17709
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^Congrats on bar 4 Shieky

O.o How big do you think that cosplay sword is?

Traced the cosplay image back to it's source and her is what was posted as info about the upcoming cosplay.

Quote:
Spent the weekend planning/working on our Claymore cosplay! Linda Le (VampyBitMe) and I [the girl in the image] will debut the costumes at Katsucon 2012 in February. I’ll be dressing up as Clare and she is taking on Teresa of the Faint Smile.

A friend of ours in Sacramento has a very impressive shop and is teaching us how to 3D model props for his various machines to mill. Here is the first sword we’ve collaborated on. The top of the sword was spun on a CNC (computer numerical controlled) lathe and the sides were CNC milled from giant aluminum blocks. So awesome.

We still plan on changing the (spun carbon fiber!!) grip to red and blue for our characters, and will treat the aluminum on the guard and pommel through a process called alodining so it’s a light gold color. After that, lots of sanding and polishing to get it to a perfect shine.

We’re also working on the skirt pieces at the moment, attempting to cast them out of urethane with various degrees of malleability. Still working to find the perfect mixture so they aren’t too ridged but will till take paint without cracking when we move.

Next time we go up to Sacramento we’ll work on the rest of the armor with a focus on the pauldrons. Till then Linda and I are working on boots, body suits, and wig styling!

I can’t wait for these costumes to pull together!
Sidenote: I hit the limit of how many pics one can have on a single photobucket album... 2,500 pics. I guess that means I've posted a lot of image here

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-14 at 13:15.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 13:16   Link #17710
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Thanks Ryus ; can't believe how ridiculously hard and long it took for me to finally get that >_<

That sword is huge; I guess they are trying to be close to the manga, not to mention that girl just might be very small which may make it look bigger. The handle alone, for instance, is humongous, but again, perhaps it's just because that girl is very tiny.

That Raki picture though has my attention...the color of the background, and the red bits of his undershirt....I don't know, it feels very alien to me - especially because of those red-bits, it almost makes it seem like it's not armor, but part of Raki itself - like his skin or something.

Maybe it's just me, but it all looks very cool .
Old 2011-12-14, 13:24   Link #17711
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Thanks Ryus ; can't believe how ridiculously hard and long it took for me to finally get that >_<

That sword is huge; I guess they are trying to be close to the manga, not to mention that girl just might be very small which may make it look bigger. The handle alone, for instance, is humongous, but again, perhaps it's just because that girl is very tiny.

That Raki picture though has my attention...the color of the background, and the red bits of his undershirt....I don't know, it feels very alien to me - especially because of those red-bits, it almost makes it seem like it's not armor, but part of Raki itself - like his skin or something.

Maybe it's just me, but it all looks very cool .
Hard... long? You looking for rep? Are you aiming to surpass me or MisiterJB ... or Solace . Oh well, why not I suppose? I haven't been on enough lately to deserve the rep I have anyways (damn you skyrim, give me my soul back )

Anyways I do agree about not knowing how big she is... based on her account (http://meagan-marie.tumblr.com... here is the link to her friends facebook page whom will be playing Teresa http://www.facebook.com/pages/VAMPY-BIT-ME/370120112710 but no Claymore related posts that I saw on a quick glance though, at least yet) she doesn't seem that small but not tall either. However what really strike me the most about the size of the sword is the length and thickness of the handle, it's almost the size of her wrist and as long as her arm. I don't recall the handles being that long for Claymores. Oh well, still looks cool and knowing it's actually made of metal makes it that much cooler

As to raki Yeah I agree it's a bit odd seeing the red. Makes him look like an AB for some reason rather than his shirts color... maybe due to the weird lighting on it.

Anyways here it is in B&W
Old 2011-12-14, 13:33   Link #17712
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:

O.o How big do you think that cosplay sword is?
The handle looks big enough for Miria to dislocate her jaw if she tried to grab it with her mouth without transforming her face. Very nice piece of work though.

PS/OT: About that now ancient thing I neglected to reply to you about: you sort of overinterpreted me there quite a bit, going by your detailed explanation. But it's not that important either way.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 13:36   Link #17713
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
The handle looks big enough for Miria to dislocate her jaw if she tried to grab it with her mouth without transforming her face. Very nice piece of work though.

PS/OT: About that now ancient thing I neglected to reply to you about: you sort of overinterpreted me there quite a bit, going by your detailed explanation. But it's not that important either way.

&

I forgot what we where talking about anyways... seriously
Old 2011-12-14, 13:45   Link #17714
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Hard... long? You looking for rep? Are you aiming to surpass me or MisiterJB ... or Solace . Oh well, why not I suppose? I haven't been on enough lately to deserve the rep I have anyways (damn you skyrim, give me my soul back )

Anyways I do agree about not knowing how big she is... based on her account (http://meagan-marie.tumblr.com... here is the link to her friends facebook page whom will be playing Teresa http://www.facebook.com/pages/VAMPY-BIT-ME/370120112710 but no Claymore related posts that I saw on a quick glance though, at least yet) she doesn't seem that small but not tall either. However what really strike me the most about the size of the sword is the length and thickness of the handle, it's almost the size of her wrist and as long as her arm. I don't recall the handles being that long for Claymores. Oh well, still looks cool and knowing it's actually made of metal makes it that much cooler

As to raki Yeah I agree it's a bit odd seeing the red. Makes him look like an AB for some reason rather than his shirts color... maybe due to the weird lighting on it.

Anyways here it is in B&W
Definitely - I've seen quite a few swords during my time here (the one by Walter strangely sticks out in my mind; probably because it's in his avatar ), and this could be one of the best based on the sheer effort put into it, as the post says.

As Yononaka hilariously pointed out though, the handle is big enough to bust Miria, or any girl's jaw - still, and A for effort .

It's also weird seeing her hold that sword and looking all happy, not in costume...I don't know, it just feels weird - usualy people holding weapons, even if they are fake, aren't standing around all cute and happy

Looking at the Raki image on deviantart; again, it feels weird probably because the artist detailed the shirt so much, it definitely looks very tight and form-fittting...all the lines makes them look like veins and like the suit is apart of Raki :O. Personally, I think my favorite adult Raki image is that reunion picture with him and Claire, for those who remember it.

Heh, well, after almost 6000 posts, surely getting 4 bars isn't too much...but rep doesn't come by often in the Claymore section, nor do I admittingly give much myself....plus, trolls or idiots who feel like neg-repping are more common these days and that always suddenly pushes me down. I'm lucky that I got so much in a row recently that I finally pushed over to over 300 pts.

Maximizing the sword image....yep, it is waaaay to big - the sword should be up 4,11ft or a little over (if Revan's astute estimations are correct)....the sword is bigger then she is! I know maybe she's just small, but this is overdoing it >___<

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-14 at 14:01.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 14:05   Link #17715
Domvina

Well, assuming the reference art they are using is the image of Clare in the lower right-hand corner of this picture:

Spoiler for Reference pictures:

Then the hilt's circumference makes sense. In that image the hilt looks amazingly large. Though maybe not quite as long as their version.

Regardless of any nitpicking it looks awesome.
Domvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 15:29   Link #17716
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Spoiler for RBN's manga project:

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 21:15   Link #17717
Nidhogg

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, especially not when they obviously went through some trouble to make a monster of a sword. However, I think the "weapons check" folk at any anime/manga convention might have an issue with the sword hilt and cross guard being metal instead of plastic and the overall length might exceed allowable limits. My daughter had made up a giant red scythe as part of her cosplay of "B Rabbit" from Pandora Hearts and it barely squeaked under the maximum length allowed at Anime Expo last year, this year we trimmed its haft by about 6 inches just to make sure it would pass muster; just thought I'd share our experience.
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 02:35   Link #17718
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, especially not when they obviously went through some trouble to make a monster of a sword. However, I think the "weapons check" folk at any anime/manga convention might have an issue with the sword hilt and cross guard being metal instead of plastic and the overall length might exceed allowable limits. My daughter had made up a giant red scythe as part of her cosplay of "B Rabbit" from Pandora Hearts and it barely squeaked under the maximum length allowed at Anime Expo last year, this year we trimmed its haft by about 6 inches just to make sure it would pass muster; just thought I'd share our experience.
Don't worry, she'll hide it under her robe. It works for Claymores in the manga all the time.

I mean one would think a giant sword hanging sideways on ones back would be noticeable under a robe, however clearly the MiB issue out special robes to prevent this.
Old 2011-12-15, 22:08   Link #17719
Nidhogg

I stand corrected, silly ol' me forgot about how effective fantasy disguises can be! I mean look at what a simple pair of eyeglasses did for Kal El all this time
That sword is freaking huge though, it really is too large for the little lady posing with it. It would be big for me and I'm a six footer, original Scottish claymores rarely got over five feet long, though some special two handed swords were made as a "Town Sword" to be carried in processions. I remember seeing a headsmans sword in a German museum, it had no point, just a straight blade with a blunt end and the inscription "Gott Mit Uns" engraved on its blade.
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 19:40   Link #17720
Dj0rel
True Believer

Complete version:

Tags
images