AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 8 12.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 33.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-20, 21:07   Link #21
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

liked the dramatic romance between Chiyu and Haru and liked the patheticness of Haru eventhough its annoying at thesame time,
i hate people like Nomi that kid should die

Sky Laker enters to train Haru, i wonder what will be Haru's new ability, the opening song is telling it will be some sort of a punching ability
Old 2012-07-20, 21:21   Link #22
Jarmel

This is a horrible show with horrible characters.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:22   Link #23
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
This episode made me lose all interest in the series. Between Haru's over the top self-loathing and the villain type I hate more than anything in the world, it's turned into something I can't enjoy.
The studio must be doing its job right then if they cause such emotion.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:23   Link #24
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
The amount of self pity in this show in insane. It's animated well but that's the only praise I can give.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:31   Link #25
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The amount of self pity in this show in insane. It's animated well but that's the only praise I can give.
Haru is frustrating to watch but not every character here is bad.
Issue is he never "mans up" even after people slap him around trying to.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:32   Link #26
Jarmel

Quote:
Haru is frustrating to watch but not every character here is bad.
Taku is the only remotely decent character.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:46   Link #27
Rovert10

Quote:
Taku is the only remotely decent character.
I find that very hard to believe but its your opinion
Also wondering how you managed 15 episodes if they were all that bad.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:51   Link #28
Jarmel

Quote:
I find that very hard to believe but its your opinion
Also wondering how you managed 15 episodes if they were all that bad.
It was bordering on watchable due to the animation and the characters were swallowable. This arc has really just take a nosedive and I'm wondering how low we go before Haru starts slitting his wrists.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:53   Link #29
Dr. Casey

Quote:
This is a horrible show with horrible characters.
This isn't a horrible post with horrible opinions, but I strongly disagree with you

(edited because my original post was too dickish, sorry)

I'll post my thoughts later, oh but just so everyone knows in advance I won't be jumping on the "What the, a child with an unhappy background said a few self-defacing things when going through a deeply stressful situation, and became mildly meanspirited during a heated argument when someone gave him a pretty harsh accusation? What kind of sorcery is this??!!! I can't handle this much emo bullshit, fuckin' DROPPED" train

(I mean seriously, do you people have this little tolerance for people feeling emotions in real life? Hint: people becoming this bent out of shape is not unrealistic or bad writing, many people much older than Haru would handle themselves much worse when places in similarly stressful situations. Not everyone can be emotionally invulnerable anti-angst machines like Ash Roller or something.)

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2012-07-20 at 22:17.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:55   Link #30
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
If the emotion they were going for is disgust, then yes. If they're job was to drive people away from the series, then yes. The series should be evoking emotions such as feeling sorry for Haru, not annoyance and disgust at his character. He's no hero. He really is just a loser-- and not because he's short or fat. But because he has no balls, has way to much self-loathing and then starts lashing out at the people who try and help him. That's not a hero and I really can't see what they girls see in him.

In the end, after a hero's defeat, you should be rooting for him to get stronger and make a comeback. With Haru, I think he should just step aside and let someone else take over as the lead because he completely fails.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:55   Link #31
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
If the emotion they were going for is disgust, then yes. If they're job was to drive people away from the series, then yes. The series should be evoking emotions such as feeling sorry for Haru, not annoyance and disgust at his character. He's no hero. He really is just a loser-- and not because he's short or fat. But because he has no balls, has way to much self-loathing and then starts lashing out at the people who try and help him. That's not a hero and I really can't see what they girls see in him.
Well, Kuroyukihime doesn't have much room to talk... it would be a bit hypocritical to dump someone for self-loathing when she excels at that herself.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:08   Link #32
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Well, Kuroyukihime doesn't have much room to talk... it would be a bit hypocritical to dump someone for self-loathing when she excels at that herself.
Well KYH has more balls than Haru...
Old 2012-07-20, 22:26   Link #33
novalysis

Quote:
Well KYH has more balls than Haru...
True, once again though, I think Haru is offensive because he doesn't fit our impressions of a man.

Now, if KYH was a male and Haru a female instead, I'd anticipate not disgust but sympathy. To me, Haru's reactions to losing his wings fits the reactions you'd expect of someone after being raped.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:38   Link #34
Miraluka
Banned

Not just that, he lost on both real life and in the alternative reality where his confidence on himself is the basis to keep going forward.
Noumi just did crush both them on only one day and for Haru must be the worst day ever.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:26   Link #35
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

ASH ROLLER!
When you have no wings to fly...
It's time to ride!
*flees*

Edit: I want to utterly destroy Noumi... the rage I felt... I think I haven't raged like this ever since reading my first NTR doujin...

Last edited by KeithKurogane; 2012-07-20 at 23:37.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:38   Link #36
rickiminato

nomi is a bitch
Old 2012-07-21, 00:28   Link #37
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I never realized Endo Aya can have such a soft, caring voice. Its usually deep and powerful with the roles that I hear from her.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:31   Link #38
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
True, once again though, I think Haru is offensive because he doesn't fit our impressions of a man.

Now, if KYH was a male and Haru a female instead, I'd anticipate not disgust but sympathy. To me, Haru's reactions to losing his wings fits the reactions you'd expect of someone after being raped.
It isn't Haru's lack of any form of masculinity (he's basically not shown any the entire series, so you view him as pathetic), but the fact that his personality has only ever served the plot. He doesn't have anything identifiable as a consistent human personality. This problem has stretched back to episode 1. Which is why any time they focus on the "inter-personal drama" in the series, it's absolutely horrible to watch. When it's trying to be .Bleach//SIGN, then it's an enjoyable (if non-serious) series.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:42   Link #39
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
It isn't Haru's lack of any form of masculinity (he's basically not shown any the entire series, so you view him as pathetic), but the fact that his personality has only ever served the plot. He doesn't have anything identifiable as a consistent human personality.
Mind elaborating on that one, or are you just being fussy and overly critical as usual?
Old 2012-07-21, 00:44   Link #40
tsunade666

Ah the rage. I expected it.

Haru is practically useless if KYH is not around to back him up. He is returning into his old self which he tried to change but ended up back again. His hopeless