AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-10, 20:02   Link #3681
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
you know what nisekoi lack, its lack tragedy, consequences..and plot....

but since the beginning, nisekoi was meant to be a comedy, a light story, something that you can read without problems.
It has consequences and plot they've just been lost in nisekoi's weakness.

The fact is Nisekoi's greatest weakness is the unwillingness by the author to develop the characters that you had instead of muddying the water so badly with new characters that take what we know and throw it all for a loop
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:30   Link #3682
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Then again, from the very beggining we all knew it was going to be like this, with little flags as the genre of the thing, the fact that even when there was the so-called plot movement everything was based on introducing more characters; and several other things lets face it, Nisekoi it's a SoL that just happens to have a love polygon at his core, it's not going to end anytime soon, and it's perfect just the way (cliché, dragging, etc) it is
Old 2014-07-11, 01:25   Link #3683
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Then again, from the very beggining we all knew it was going to be like this, with little flags as the genre of the thing, the fact that even when there was the so-called plot movement everything was based on introducing more characters; and several other things lets face it, Nisekoi it's a SoL that just happens to have a love polygon at his core, it's not going to end anytime soon, and it's perfect just the way (cliché, dragging, etc) it is
I agree with everything except for the "we all knew" part. Some people apparently did not know and the fact they didn't expect the obvious seems to bother them to no freaking end day in day out.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 04:15   Link #3684
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
perhaps so lets see how it plays out in the end
Old 2014-07-11, 08:15   Link #3685
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I enjoy the filler chapter...

now someone already obtained blackmail material for Chitoge

M.T.-san is so epic... xD
~Yami~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 09:17   Link #3686
Death Usagi
Banned

Just bust those two couples already goddamn it. =w=
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 09:20   Link #3687
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Just bust those two couples already goddamn it. =w=
Its sad how we pretty much learned the score of the entire group in one chapter and it fits perfectly with what we've thought but lets see wat happens. How she figured out some of the stuff cracks me up but still she pretty much sliced the couple in half and ironically enough chitoge admits her feelings and raku misses it
Old 2014-07-11, 09:22   Link #3688
Death Usagi
Banned

We already know Raku has his eyes on Kosaki right now.
Old 2014-07-11, 09:41   Link #3689
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
We already know Raku has his eyes on Kosaki right now.
wat do u mean rite now he's had his eyes on dera from the beginning
Old 2014-07-11, 10:10   Link #3690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter was hilarious. I loved it!

Those censors
Old 2014-07-11, 10:27   Link #3691
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
wat do u mean rite now he's had his eyes on dera from the beginning
That's what I meant. Up to the current time he still only has his eyes on Kosaki.
Old 2014-07-11, 10:53   Link #3692
Kakurin
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I agree with everything except for the "we all knew" part. Some people apparently did not know and the fact they didn't expect the obvious seems to bother them to no freaking end day in day out.
It's pretty pretentious of you to say that everybody who doesn't like the direction the manga's taken doesn't "get it". The pacing of the story chapter used to be far quicker, just because it was not important for you doesn't mean that it wasn't important for everybody or that it wasn't there.
Old 2014-07-11, 11:10   Link #3693
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It's pretty pretentious of you to say that everybody who doesn't like the direction the manga's taken doesn't "get it". The pacing of the story chapter used to be far quicker, just because it was not important for you doesn't mean that it wasn't important for everybody or that it wasn't there.
Sadly, pacing of a manga is incredibly easy to shift and change, while the basic plot and theme of the story is much harder and slower to evolve.

Think of it like this. If the author wanted, he/she could cut straight to the end of the manga right here and now, one last arc where everything comes together. Heck, we all have an idea of what that "final arc" would be. It's not difficult at all.

But there is no reason to so there is just delay. Not that delay is bad, because it adds to character interaction and dimension, but as stated it does not help add to character development or plot mobility.

That's the trend of any of these comedy/harem mangas. It's not pretentious to say we all saw this coming, because even a tenderfoot could tell by finishing chapter 20 out of 130 that this was going to play out slowly.

It's like Nagasarete Airantou. Anyone who starts knows it's going to stall like the devil, or at least is a romantic drag.
Old 2014-07-11, 11:15   Link #3694
Kakurin
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
It's not pretentious to say we all saw this coming, because even a tenderfoot could tell by finishing chapter 20 out of 130 that this was going to play out slowly.
It is pretentious to come out and say that just because somebody doesn't like the current development of Nisekoi he is incapable of understanding the concept of slice of life.
Old 2014-07-11, 13:28   Link #3695
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
It is pretentious to come out and say that just because somebody doesn't like the current development of Nisekoi he is incapable of understanding the concept of slice of life.

This I agree with, although this isn't very 'realistic' slice of life, if you ask me. Its more of a 'school-life' manga, IMO, because its less about daily routines and more about hanging with friends and taking part of school activities.

Then again, thats just semantics about categories and genres. @_@
Old 2014-07-12, 01:49   Link #3696
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Ah, now I know who was that person appeared in the magazine. She appears to be the news reporter/journalist.

Still, is she a journalist interviewing or an inquisitor interrogating? She seemed to be a "spy" all along.

Oh boy. There goes the scandalous headline of "Ichijou & Kirisaki aren't real couple" and "Ichijou is turned out to be a harem lord".
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 11:02   Link #3697
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
It is, I'm not gonna deny that. It is basically the only way one can come across when arguing with people that are falsely trying to rationalize their dislike of a certain aspect as something fundamentally wrong with the series itself.

In that sense, likewise, I could argue that just because something is important to someone else doesn't mean it should be important to everybody else. Still, fellow thread readers have the pleasure to swallow that same negativity after almost every newly released chapter.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 18:56   Link #3698
nosaer

Some of you sure like getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. this is a slice of life manga. There is practically nothing in it that resembles an overarching plot. that's typical for a slice of life. What drives a Slice of life is the characters, and character development. the better ones that I've read will show this development through many mini arc type of stories. an example from this manga would be those few chapters where Raku and Tsugumi were doing that mission on the boat. that was one of the better arcs in recent memory.

The main problem I feel that this series has, is that it has too few of those. in the beginning it was pretty good, but its turned into random "episodic" type of stories where each chapter introduces some random BS object/story/situation where everyone coments on it and then at the end of the chapter everything is back to the way it was. there's not much movement which makes it seem stale. at least it does to me.

Either way some people will like it, and some won't. to say someone "doesn't get" an entire genre of manga because they don't like this one is pretty silly.

and I'm sure we can all agree that development of some type is important to every good story, whether that development involves the plot, or the characters, or the world around the characters, etc.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 19:58   Link #3699
Pablete
Banned

The problem comes when some people thinks what they want MUST happen in the manga =___=.

As if it wasn't obvious that making the series longar as it can be is the main point of a long running series =____=;

The story is pretty average but the art style makes up for it, a better slice of life was School Rumble I recall losing it every week .

Here isn't happening though.

Btw Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun had some jokes that threw me to the past with their SC jokes and it just got an anime!
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 15:11   Link #3700
Marty17
Like What You Hate

All I can say about Nisekoi series is that it makes me laugh, which in my book is good enough for me. I absolutely loved the ever shoddy censorship by Mimiko in CH130.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life