AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-04-21, 18:30   Link #3841
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

But I must admit that Bikou has a good plan. Let Kiba tire out by fighting his clones. I recall that Kuroka also had this ability. So a ability like that mixed with a power type like Bikou could prove troblesome. Bikou knows senjutsu but his skill is inferior to Kurokas.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 18:44   Link #3842
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, if that's really Biku's plan and he's got a good enough follow-up planned, Kiba will have to think of something good to counter or he's probably getting eliminated.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:02   Link #3843
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

People have made the complaint that the Rating Game between Vali & Rias didn't feel as exciting as others as there weren't any major retirements. But I think that was intentionally the point. If it was Rias's team from before, Vali & his team could have retired most of them easily. This is meant to show Rias's growth & her teams progression since Vali is a major threat since he is Ise's rival.

And we see that Vali was just handed the win, he had to outpace Rias team through strategy since her team is boosted by the aid of Vasco Strada, the Churches Strongest swordsman & Crom Cruach who is the strongest Evil Dragon.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:12   Link #3844
Lucidrago

But the game comes down to taking out the opponent king. Vali didn't have to retire Crom Cruach or Strada, just Rias. Vali was doing what he had to fighting Crom Cruach. The game was really even.

Strada and Crom Cruach can't be everywhere at once. And besides Vali and Fenrir were easily equal to those two.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 14:17   Link #3845
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Actually, Vali didn't make any strategies but just left his team members to their devices. Gogmagog and Fenrir came up with their plan on their own and executed it. Also, the game type for the match was a standard type where the power that the players have was the biggest factor and the only strategy needed was for taking advantage of the collapsing playing field (since it said that the playing field getting too narrow could also get players to accidentally take out allies with friendly fire and that the team that can take advantage of that may have an easier way).

Edit: One post late.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:17   Link #3846
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I would say that Fenrir at 80% is superior to Strada even at his peak. But even with Strada & Crom, the other members of her team did well. Given how Vali's team is described as being filled by monsters this is quite the achievement. Vali won but the match showed up the power of Rias's new team. Even Vali himself said that Rias is progressing nicely.

Quote:
The other side’s players were forced to retire one after the other. The victory of Rias’ team was already set in stone. Rias herself also had repeated victories, and was undefeated so far. Rias then forced the opposing [King] to surrender. Vali joyfully said

“Without you guys, the team of Rias Gremory seems to have shed its skin, and they’ve been well-received in this tournament…they’re a perfect combination of the existing and the new members. Using everyone’s characteristics to their fullest potential is a bold approach…”

But even so, what was the true motive behind revealing Crom Cruach’s true identity at a time like this? Could it be possible that she wanted to demonstrate her overwhelming power to the tragic players who had already been supressed by the power of god-class beings so as to further reduce their motivation? Nonetheless, seeing these guys, as well as the debut of the legendary Evil Dragon would cause a lot of people to withdraw. In fact, while the tournament had progressed to this point, there were teams that dropped out every day. I lowered my head as I said
But Vali didn't help him self by recruiting a masochist to go up against the sadist Akeno.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:21   Link #3847
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You're mixing up the match Rias had with that Ultimate-class Devil, which her team won, with the one against Vali's team which she lost, aren't you? That's the vibe I get anyway. I think I can agree with what you said in your first paragraph, though.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:25   Link #3848
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

No I'm just saying that prior to his match with Rias, Vali acknowledged her & her teams growth. Which means a lot since Vali only has his eyes on strong opponents.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:32   Link #3849
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, if that's all you meant it's fine.

I just don't like how Vali worded that. "After you guys left". It makes it sound like Ise isn't in Rias' peerage anymore, even though that's not true.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:36   Link #3850
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Well they did leave for the tournament since Ise has his own team now. But I'm curious about the their 3 teams composition since it can make a difference in the battle especially sf it is an objective game like [Object Break]

Quote:
“After Xenovia-sama and Rossweisse-sama regroup, please analyse the [object]. Rossweisse-sama, I’m leaving things up to you then.”

““Understood.””

Upon hearing Ravel’s instructions, both Xenovia and Rossweisse-san responded. Rossweisse could use magic to analyse the [object], and then formulate a technique to search the field for them; this was our plan. If successful, then we would easily be able to find all of them. Rossweisse-san said

“Analysis of the [object] and creating a searching technique will take a significant amount of time. …And it may also be unusable for people who are not familiar with searching techniques.”

I’m exactly the type who can’t use it! I’m sorry that I’m not good at techniques! Anyway, aside from myself, there are a lot of people who aren’t good at searching techniques either, moreover, the reincarnated Angel Irina is also present, so coming up with a technique that was compatible with everyone would take a lot of time. Ravel used a direct channel to me only to confirm our strategy.
Old 2018-04-23, 16:18   Link #3851
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, Ise left them for the tournament, but he's still in Rias' peerage.

To confirm, what three teams are you talking about exactly here?
Old 2018-04-23, 16:58   Link #3852
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I mean Rias's team, Ise's team & VAli's team since they seem to be the ones that get the most focus.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:28   Link #3853
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So what do you mean by composition between their 3 teams? You'll need to clarify that.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:33   Link #3854
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

In terms of balance of the various Rating games types.

Registered members of the [Sekiryuutei of Blazing Truth] team in the Tournament.
King — Hyoudou Issei (Power Type & Support Type)
Queen — Bina Lessthan (Wizard Type & Techinque Type)
Rook — Nakiri Kouchin Ouryuu (Power Type & Techinque Type)
Rook — Roygun Belphegor (Unknown-assumed to be Wizard type)
Knight — Xenovia Quarta (Power Type & Techinque Type)
Knight — Shidou Irina (Techinque & Wizard type)
Bishop — Asia Argento (Support Type & Wizard type)
Bishop — Rossweisse (Wizard Type & Techinque Type)
Pawn [2] — Ravel Phoenix (Wizard Type)
Pawn [3] — Bova Tannin (Power Type)
Pawn [2] — Elmenhilde Karnstein (Unknown-becomes Power type when she drinks Isseis blood)

Registered members of the [Rias Gremory] team in the Tournament

King — Rias Gremory (Wizard Type & Power Type)
Queen — Himejima Akeno (Wizard Type & Power Type)
Rook — Toujou Koneko (Power Type & Wizard Type)
Rook — Vasco Strada (Power Type)
Knight — Kiba Yuuto (Techinque Type)
Knight — Lint Sellzen (Techinque Type)
Bishop — Gasper Vladi (Power Type & Support Type)
Bishop — Valerie Tepes (Support Type)
Pawn [8] — Mr. Black (Crom Cruach) (Power Type)

Registered members of the [Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star] team in the Tournament

King — Vali Lucifer (Wizard Type & Techinque Type)
Queen — Fenrir (Power Type)
Rook — Gogmagog (Power Type)
Rook — (Current) Zhu Bajie
Knight — Arthur Pendragon (Technique Type)
Knight — (Current) Sha Wujing
Bishop — Kuroka (Wizard Type & Technique Type)
Bishop — Le Fay Pendragon (Wizard Type)
Pawn [5] — Bikou (Power Type)

And how they balance each other. So for instance, Rias & Akeno are very good with demonic powers & magic which is useful for objective type games, Asia & Valerie are good supports that can become a solid formation depending on who each is paired up with & so forth.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:40   Link #3855
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
People have made the complaint that the Rating Game between Vali & Rias didn't feel as exciting as others as there weren't any major retirements. But I think that was intentionally the point. If it was Rias's team from before, Vali & his team could have retired most of them easily. This is meant to show Rias's growth & her teams progression since Vali is a major threat since he is Ise's rival.

And we see that Vali was just handed the win, he had to outpace Rias team through strategy since her team is boosted by the aid of Vasco Strada, the Churches Strongest swordsman & Crom Cruach who is the strongest Evil Dragon.
But that's the thing, the Rias vs Vali game was disappointing because of how hyped up it was. Issei and Dulio game didn't have any retirements but it was still a great game. The problem is Ishibumi didn't focus much on that game because of Issei's battle with Thanatos. Also to Vali the only person he cared to fight on Rias team is Crom Cruach for obvious reasons. You say that Vali was just handed the win but I don't think so. If Vali wanted to he could've easily retired Rias when he came across her but chose to fight Crom Cruach. Why didn't Fenrir his full power instead of just 80% which allowed Rias to put up a fight? If Fenrir fought at 100% then he would've swept through Rias team since Vali was fighting Crom. For Vali, he stated that he would want to fight Issei's team more than Rias team given Issei is his fated rival.

Vali and Rias team being nearly even it should've had more retirements. Issei team was statistically weaker than Team Pleasure of the Kings but they still retired multiple members on that team including Typhoon and Issei lost some of his members.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 17:45   Link #3856
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Yeah but Typhoon was retired to show off Ddraig amazing power as a Heavenly Dragon. Plus that is the whole point. Besides Strada & Crom on Rias's team & Fenrir & Vali on Vali's team, the others are on par with each other so it would be difficult to retire them. Maybe in a longer fight but I doubt that Ishibumi could write a detailed fight scenes for all of them.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:45   Link #3857
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, Rias and Ise's respective teams mostly have Power-types but they also have some flexibility with Technique as well. They'd be best for standard game-types or those where there aren't many restrictions and you don't need much trickery. Vali's team seems to more Technique-oriented but Vali himself is really powerful so they could also go for power-type approaches.

Edit: Two posts late.

Darksider is right, I think.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:49   Link #3858
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

The only one that lack any kind of Technique in Vali's team are Gogmagog & Fenrir. But Fnerir's sheer power makes up for that. It's also suprising that he has a decent number of Wizard types. Kuroka, Le Fay & even himself.

In terms of skilled wizard types with versitility, Issei has Rossweisse who can use many magics. But we still have to see if Roygun & Grayfia can perform similar techniques like Rose.
Old 2018-04-23, 18:07   Link #3859
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Yeah but Typhoon was retired to show off Ddraig amazing power as a Heavenly Dragon. Plus that is the whole point. Besides Strada & Crom on Rias's team & Fenrir & Vali on Vali's team, the others are on par with each other so it would be difficult to retire them. Maybe in a longer fight but I doubt that Ishibumi could write a detailed fight scenes for all of them.
It depends on how you put it. You say besides Vali and Fenrir then they are even but you forget Arthur. He could hang with Strada. And yes Rias team is no push over but Vali's team just had the edge. It's a shame that we didn't see Arthur and Kiba fight each other but considering that Arthur could fight a prime Strada then it just shows Kiba is still not at Arthur's level.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 18:11   Link #3860
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Darksider: Vali is a Technique-type that can also fight like a Power-type if he wants, as he's certainly got enough power for that. The First Gen. Sun Wukong even said that both he and Ise have more attack power than him. But for Vali's team, aren't the current Sha Wujing and the current Zhu Bajie's respective designations in that regard (Power, Technique, Support or Wizard) currently unknown? We should probably wait until we know what theirs are. The same goes for the ones on Ise's team that you put "Unknown" in there for.

Ise used the Wyverns to beat Euclid, like a Power + Technique type fighter, and we've also seen him use his Dragon Shot orbs as if they have a mind of their own like how Sirzechs' Power of Destruction orbs move as if they have a mind of their own. I know Ise's a Power-type so he'd normally fight like a Power Idiot, but seeing him use more Technique-oriented applications of his powers wouldn't hurt. I mean, after all, he's already shown that he can do it if he tries. There's also how he defeated Cao Cao (though that was more just taking advantage of the surroundings and using his brain).

And speaking of using his brain, I still remember how he led the team in Kyoto. It said he got a nosebleed from thinking too much, but he can still do it if he tries. And Rudiger also said he can grow to become a good tactician and strategist in the future. I want to see that.

I wonder if Ise can't be a Power Idiot with techniques, so that he isn't just a simple Power Idiot.

Edit: One post late.
Let's keep in mind that as it was, the main reason Rias' team lost was her own new form taking its toll on her. If she had mastered that form already, she could've won.