AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-12-09, 06:26   Link #21
necrolyte

We haven't seen chapter with so much action in it in quite some time. Also Carrot's power is quite different from any of the powers we have seen so far in OP and I really like that, I thought I would be disappointed by the full moon but was I wrong

On another note about for the people who say all minks have this power I don't think that's the case. Even if they all have the potential I think that only the most skilled among them can learn it and probably Carror will find a way to use it not only at full moon cuz it will be to strange to be able to fight against strong opponents only once in month
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 04:45   Link #22
marvelB

I considered posting this in the SBS thread, but it's likely to get more attention here. Anyway, Oda had a special message at this year's Jump Festa! As translated by AP's Sandman:

Quote:
"Hi, I'm Oda. Are you enjoying Jump Festa? I'm watching OP Super Stage with you. It's fun, indeed. Actually I visit Jump Festa every year to have a dinner with Straw Hats VAs after JF.

By the way, ONE PIECE will finally enter Wano next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, "You said the same thing last year, right?" Yes, I did say that because I thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time I'd like to add new information.

I'll introduce one of the legends which lurks in ONE PIECE world. The legend will be the greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats which hinders their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Anyway, there are tons of stuffs I wanna draw next year as well. I'll keep moving forward with my full force!! I'm sure you're gonna LOVE it!!"

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^My, sounds exciting! Wonder if the character Oda's teasng is the eyepatch pirate he hinted at several years back...?

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-12-17 at 13:39.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 11:29   Link #23
Ultragunner

Quote:
"Hi, I'm Oda. Are you enjoying Jump Festa? I'm watching OP Super Stage with you. It's fun, indeed. Actually I visit Jump Festa every year to have a dinner with Straw Hats VAs after JF.

By the way, ONE PIECE will finally enter Wano next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, "You said the same thing last year, right?" Yes, I did say that because I thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time I'd like to add new information.

I'll introduce one of the legends which lurks in ONE PIECE world. The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Anyway, there are tons of stuffs I wanna draw next year as well. I'll keep moving forward with my full force!! I'm sure you're gonna LOVE it!!
That's it!! I'm officially jumping on the hype train now
Old 2017-12-17, 11:35   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sure is a good way to get us hyped. I just hope the Wano arc won't get delayed again
Old 2017-12-17, 11:36   Link #25
Hoodspirit

It's definitly a weird message.

If anything, Wano climax itself should be the war that make marineford look like it was cute and not some prelude to it.
But he also already introduced the legend that they will fight there... Kaido.

So it sounds like he isn't about talking Kaido at all.
Weevil, the only Whitebeard relationship we currently know of, was already introduced as well...
And honestly, he shouldn't be that powerful if Kaido is waiting there with 3 calamities already+Shogun+500 Zoan Users + endless armies of normal pirates + army of Samurais..

Another option eliminated: Marco being a legend? don't make me laugh.....

A legend could be a brother of Edward who joined Roger's crew, the one who visited Crocus. Rayleigh was also titled as Legend. So that would make sense... somewhat. But he shouldn't be the 'greatest enemy' ever too if he already talked with Crocus.

It's just so confusing unless he means Kaido, but doesn't think of him being properly introduced yet.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 13:15   Link #26
necrolyte

^I am pretty sure he is talking about Blackbeard. He is the only one connected to Whitebeard that would fit "The greatest enemy ever" and I don't think that it will be some random character we haven't seen so far.

P.S. I am also really hyped to finally see Zoro again and to enter Wano arc, it is painfull to read so long only about half of the crew and it is even more painfull when half of the time the manga is focused on angst (I prefer when it is fun and epic )

Edit: Oda might also talk about Kaido if he show some connection between him and Whitebeard in the new chapters, but I think that the chances are better for BB to be the greatest enemy.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 13:51   Link #27
marvelB

Sandman slightly edited his translation of Oda's message, so I followed suit. Anyway, my take on the message was that Oda was referring to a completely new character (like Scopper Gaban from Roger's crew or, again, possibly the eyepatch pirate he teased many years back). However, Sandman brought up something interesting over at AP: Apparently, many in the Japanese fandom think that the "legend" Oda speaks of isn't actually a person, per se. Instead, it could be a reference to Whitebeard's dying speech at Marineford about how the lost history would spark a war far greater than the one from that arc. In other words, the "greatest enemy" that Luffy and co. will have to face is literally history itself. And I guess Oda is saying that the impetus for this massive event will take place at Wano (or possibly the Reverie?).......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 14:11   Link #28
Hoodspirit

That would be interesting interpretation.
I always thought that 'the history' would be against Nami when her origin is revealed.
Doubt that would be the case if it happened in Zoro's Wano Arc.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 15:44   Link #29
The Small One

Somehow it's sounds a bit exaggerating.
It the Straw Hats already overcome their greatest enemy during the next year, then how is the rest of the story going to keep interessting? Everybody will know that everything that's still to come is a lesser threat…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 07:42   Link #30
Clipens

If you compare the two halves of the story:
- East Blue/Fishmen Island;
- First part of Grand Blue/Punk Hazard & Dressrosa;
- Sky Islands/Zou;
- Robin Retrieval/Sanji Retrieval;
- Thiller Bark/Next Arc
- Whitebeard War/Wano Country

I think
- the actual arc will finish around chapter 900 (march 2018);
- the next arc will be about Luffy helping Nekomamushi group to find Marco;
- in last part of the year Luffy will go toward Wano Country
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 11:45   Link #31
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow the start of the chapter seemed a bit rushed. Luffy is back in his fight and already worn out on his knees.

Even though the transformation was cool, I wonder what exactly are the powers it bestows on the mink. Carrot seems to be super-fast (soru?) and can fly (geppo?).
Though it seems a bit overpowered if a single Mink can basically take out a whole sub-fleet. An army of them should be able to overroll the world.
I do not believe in this at all, we dont know much about the minks true.

Neither do we know what other powers are lurking.