AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-02, 08:48   Link #1
Manifold

Seikai no Senki series (Novel?)

Hey guys,

A while back, I remember reading somewhere that this series was based on a novel by someone.

Is this true? And if so, where can I buy it?
Old 2006-09-02, 09:51   Link #2
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
If you're interested in the novels, a complete listing (in Japanese) can be found on the Sunrise website.

I was under the impression the books were licensed for a US release, but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.
Old 2006-09-02, 09:55   Link #3
Manifold

Oh, I thought that they were English novels. Stupid of me. :]

..Unless there are some English ones.
Old 2006-09-02, 11:29   Link #4
ImClueless
Rawr

Seikai no Monshou the first of the series novel has been licenced by Tokyopop I believe. Don't know if it has been released yet but pretty sure sometime this year. I don't think Seikai no Senki has been licenced yet since Tokyopop is waiting to see how Monshou does on sales
Old 2006-09-06, 22:05   Link #5
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Well, it finally came out, and lucky my copy came in a week early.

Anyways, it appears that Tokyopop really put a great deal of effort into this novel.

They put in a glossery of terms, the military hiearchy, and even a page full of links where you can get additional information. Apparently, Tokyopop had consulted with people over at Abh Nation with the translation and Abh Language.

However, originally, the novel is written with Japanese words with smaller Abh words beside it, but due to problems with the printing this would do, Tokyopop instead wrote the English version of the word, and have the Abh translation next to it in brackets. However, Abh words were kept intact and untranslated when used in dialogs.

I haven't managed to read through it yet, but the first volume ends at around Episode 4 or 5.
Old 2009-02-23, 02:35   Link #6
Matt122005

Not sure if you're aware of this, but since TokyoPop won't be realeasing anymore of this light novel series, the people at Baka-Tsuki are translating it.

-Matt

PS. Would you guys recommend this as a series that might be worth my while to check out?
Closed Thread