AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-20, 12:28   Link #1
snowyhands

Cool Naruto helped me win some moolah!

The contest was to write an essay, ~400 words or less, pertaining to a guidance counselor- (the people in school who help you in setting up your future schools/college and national test, i.e. SATs) basically you were suppose to tickle their ears and make them feel good about themselves....

Soo thats what I did.

Where does Naruto come into play? Episodes 23-25.

If you do not recall what those were about, shame on you (:

It's the super hard difficult 10 question test scene; at the end Ibaku gives a lecture about people making decisions, not being indecisive, confidence and courage yada yada. He explains how information is the most important thing in war. I used that as an analogy to school- the battleground of education and how these guidance counselors are so important because they deal with valuable information and that as that information is so valuable, the people serving it are just as important.

The whole essay was cheesy but I won a good amount for it, and I wrote it in 30 minutes- during lunch- with the only motivation being that there would be a guaranteed 100 grade for it in English if you bothered...

Anyway, this is my first post I believe and I hope it's a nice break from the "what kind of chakra color do you like", "why this naruto character can beat this other naruto character" posts, polls, and speculation...

ps. I like the smilie selection...
snowyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 12:31   Link #2
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

can you post your essay? cause i might have something similar next year...
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 12:37   Link #3
snowyhands

it might take some doing to find it, maybe if i can somehow get into the school when the kids are doing summer school, I believe I dont have it on my home computer, its on theirs

but i know some kid has it, he wanted to see it, ill try and find him and ask him for it.

edit :Ahh luckily for you I did do it on my computer, just found it, whew

it has some errors in it- I wrote it in 30 mins remember?

Quote:
A Counselor’s Worth

What’s the most valuable thing to have in a war? Information! Information can be the deciding factor between life and death, failure and success. Accurate information is a valuable commodity and those who are able to obtain it and relay it to others are just as valuable as the information they are dealing with. In the battleground of education, school counselors are a necessity- their ability to transmit information based on future possibilities to those who are seeking for it proves vital in the survival of the next generation of eager young minds.
When it comes to the alternate realities that confront the pupil- standardized tests, college applications and reviews, jobs, etc.- the counselor is invaluable. Without them, for example, when preparing for the SATs- a ruthless test that stresses out even the most nerdish of scholars- it would be much more chaotic and hectic. Having a guidance counselor takes a humungous load of the already teetering stack of assignments that have been placed in from of the apprentice. With their meticulous and analytical approach to helping the student, the event runs much more smoothly.
Also, consider how difficult applying for college’s is. The competition and limited resources in order to get into that college of choice is a hampering condition. With this being commissioned to the school counselor, the tension alleviates and stress levels return to nominal. They are able to find out what and how much money you can get in a loan or scholarship and they can even find out what school would be your best choice in attending.
So, don’t forget about those working behind the scenes; they’re devotion to their job and commitments plays a fundamental role in the operation of the school system. Take them away and you will find yourself, students and administrators in a lot more chaos and trouble.
I believe that's the whole thing, it looks short , oh well, no longer important now
Old 2004-06-20, 12:42   Link #4
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

hahaha thats so full of suck upness and indeed it is cheesy but GJ and ty
Old 2004-06-20, 12:51   Link #5
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
that's pretty cool but did u cite Naruto because if u didn't then that's plagiarism.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 13:05   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
that's pretty cool but did u cite Naruto because if u didn't then that's plagiarism.
The first paragraph may be 'inspired' by Naruto, but it's well outside the realm of plagiarism
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 13:12   Link #7
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyhands
Information! Information can be the deciding factor between life and death, failure and success.

In the battleground of education, school counselors are a necessity- their ability to transmit information based on future possibilities to those who are seeking for it proves vital in the survival of the next generation of eager young minds.
those two lines were classic! "battleground of education"...
Old 2004-06-20, 15:42   Link #8
snowyhands

I got the eager young minds part from "A Beautiful Mind" if you remember the scene...

amazing huh?
Old 2004-06-21, 12:41   Link #9
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
Amazing, it's not completely Naruto, but you got the idea of the first paragraph from Naruto and I think you did well. Of course the text is cheesy but when it matches to that what they wanna hear, it's pretty good.
P!ranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 12:58   Link #10
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino~
can you post your essay? cause i might have something similar next year...
He would ... but you'd probably steal it and slap your name on it like you usually do.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 13:46   Link #11
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

correction he did, and i was waiting for you to reply
Old 2004-06-21, 14:41   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino~
correction he did, and i was waiting for you to reply
Cool ... all you have to do now ask him if you can turn it in as yours then do it anyway, even though he said no.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 15:11   Link #13
snowyhands

oh i left out that I won second prize...maybe cause I didnt actually site a particular guidance counselor and I just did a general assertation of all guidance couselors; the rules were to pick a guidance counselor and tell how they helped you or something around that...

but 2nd place prize wasnt too shabby
Old 2004-07-07, 14:32   Link #14
Dix11

i hate when people make the mistake of thinking that because their job is important that makes them important to. that just isnt true if you are easily replaced.

this @^$%@ at work never seems to realize that, she thinks shes more important than me and always tries to get me to fill in for her while shes on break (having me drop whatever i am doing) because she thinks shes more important than me cuz her job is more important than mine but doesnt realize how unimportant she really is since if i can so easily fill in for her then she could just as easily be replaced and if you're easily replaceable you're not that important...at least if her JOB gave her authority to tell me what to do i wouldnt complain but ...IT PISSES ME OFF ><

sorry that was off topic but u made me think of it when u said the guidance counselors are important because they do important work...only the work is important, the ppl doing it probably suck (not really, im just annoyed)
Dix11 is offline   Reply With Quote