AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 15:00   Link #2041
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
2 - 0.

Has russkovs eaten bear today?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 15:38   Link #2042
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

neeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuu!!!
oh well Sweden was gonna get ass raped by Holland later anyway, Russians get that honor now :P
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 01:38   Link #2043
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Donadoni isn't that bad of a coach. When he was at Livorno he was probably the top coach in Serie A. He kept them close to competing with the top teams in Serie A and this was evident because as soon as he left Livorno they went to shit. I think because of Lippi's success everyone is giving him a hard time when it's well known he doesn't have as good as a team as Lippi. Not only did Totti retire (selfishly I might add), but Cannavaro got injured (damn you Chiellini). So Donadoni is without our top playmaker and our top defender.
I don't know, sure Donadoni isn't completely terrible (atleast he admitted his mistakes in the game versus Holland), but it's clear that he lacks experience and most of all, he doesn't seem to be a good motivator as Lippi used to be. Of course it'd be hard for any coach to fill in Lippi's shoes, but there are still a couple of decisions that I do not approve of, like the fact that Aquilani hasn't played a lot when he's probably one of the fittest players in the team, or the fact that he called Ambrosini and left Montolivo at home, or that he called Quagliarella and left Inzaghi at home. He also gives me the idea of a coach who doesn't like to take risks when calling new players in the national team. I mean, for the 2010 World Cup I am hoping for roster revolution so that our youngsters finally get to step on the big stage and show what they can do. But with a coach like Donadoni I fear that he would still keep calling the oldies no matter how well the youngsters perform.

Quote:
Glad to hear Aquilani's a playmaker. Hopefully he can start in place of Pirlo because I really dislike Ambrosini. I don't even think he should of been called up, let alone having match time. Lippi didn't pick Ambrosini for a reason.
Technically Aquilani is not a "pure" playmaker, since Roma's midfield uses a pretty weird formation (similar to Arsenal, they play with a lot of creative/technically gifted midfielders, it's hard to tell which one dictates all the passes) but he's got enough vision and skill to fill for that role. Of course, if I were in Donadoni's place I would have called Montolivo who would have been the perfect replacement for Pirlo in this delicate situation. :\
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 05:07   Link #2044
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Today's the first quarter match, Portugal vs Germany. This is going to be one hell of a match
Old 2008-06-19, 05:55   Link #2045
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Hard to predict... although I'm tempted to bet my money on Germany.
Old 2008-06-19, 07:45   Link #2046
Blaat

I, too, am going for Germany even though I want to Portugal to win.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 09:03   Link #2047
OMchan
オムちゃん

I'm leaning a bit towards Germany as well, but it's all good as long as goals are scored.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 12:51   Link #2048
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I don't know, sure Donadoni isn't completely terrible (atleast he admitted his mistakes in the game versus Holland), but it's clear that he lacks experience and most of all, he doesn't seem to be a good motivator as Lippi used to be. Of course it'd be hard for any coach to fill in Lippi's shoes, but there are still a couple of decisions that I do not approve of, like the fact that Aquilani hasn't played a lot when he's probably one of the fittest players in the team, or the fact that he called Ambrosini and left Montolivo at home, or that he called Quagliarella and left Inzaghi at home. He also gives me the idea of a coach who doesn't like to take risks when calling new players in the national team. I mean, for the 2010 World Cup I am hoping for roster revolution so that our youngsters finally get to step on the big stage and show what they can do. But with a coach like Donadoni I fear that he would still keep calling the oldies no matter how well the youngsters perform.
Don't you kind of contradict yourself there? Quagliarella is a great young striker who'll probably be relied upon in the future. Inzaghi is part of the old guard who should retire (read Del Piero). Picking Quagliarella over Inzaghi is the type of risk you wanted. Not to mention he's taken Cassano, where others would of gone with Inzaghi or Vieri instead of cuasing a commotion.

I say Portugal takes the game today. After Germany's display against Croatia I just don't think they have what it takes when it comes to them facing some competition.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 14:33   Link #2049
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Awesome first half, 2 - 1 for Germany.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:43   Link #2050
Solafighter
Hige

BAM! First goal!

TUK! Second goal!

DO`H! third goal.

The remaining 45 minutes will be very interesting.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:56   Link #2051
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Nice first half indeed, Germany is doing pretty well and only Ronaldo's being a real threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Don't you kind of contradict yourself there? Quagliarella is a great young striker who'll probably be relied upon in the future. Inzaghi is part of the old guard who should retire (read Del Piero). Picking Quagliarella over Inzaghi is the type of risk you wanted. Not to mention he's taken Cassano, where others would of gone with Inzaghi or Vieri instead of cuasing a commotion.
Yes and no. Quagliarella is a different type of striker, he likes to stay on the flanks and then move towards the middle. When I mentioned Inzaghi it's because I am sure as hell that he would have been able to convert into goals all the occasions and chances that Toni missed so far. Inzaghi is that type of striker, a cold finisher. As I said earlier the only replacement for Toni, tactically speaking, is Borriello. But he lacks experience and it'd be a huge bet to use him in such important games. Youngsters need to be gradually used, which is why I was talking about the team selection for WC2010 which needs to be done immediately after this Euro, so that all the young players and new entries will have two years to get comfortable and create the right team spirit. Borriello has never been called before, not even during the qualification phases so he still has to form a bond with the rest of the team.
Old 2008-06-19, 15:04   Link #2052
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Third goal from Ballack.

Oh sh!t this match is getting intense!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 15:11   Link #2053
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
what a dirty goal, the referee is blind huh?
Old 2008-06-19, 15:39   Link #2054
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Epic match. GG Germany.
Old 2008-06-19, 15:41   Link #2055
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Germany's third goal was a bit doubtful, but you can't deny Germany still performed better than Portugal tonight, so I guess they still fully deserve it anyway. Good game.
Old 2008-06-19, 15:51   Link #2056
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Geh it was a good and epic match, but I wanted portugal to win. Meh too bad most Portugese players forgot what teamplay is. >_>

Yay for German Dutch final?!

btw: Boulahrouz's daughter died today. :| He says he will try to play against Rusia. :|
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 15:55   Link #2057
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Didn't want to say anything to jinx the German team before as I too fancy them to beat Portugal.

The 3rd goal was certainly dodgy on Ballack's part, Scolari will no doubt deduct Ballack's salary once they meet up in Chelsea later on.

Man of the Match is definitely Bastian Schweinsteiger, who was suspended due to the red card against Croatia. Including him was crucial as he scored the 1st goal and set up the other 2 goals via set pieces, as well as squeezing the midfield to stop the supply to Ronaldo. Joachim Low must be the most relieved man around.

Now bring on Croatia or Turkey.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:19   Link #2058
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I hope that it will be Croatia.
Germany vs Turkey .... could be problematic here
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:22   Link #2059
Solafighter
Hige

I hope it wont come out, Netherlands vs Germany on final.
Im living very close by of the border(~500 meters).
Old 2008-06-19, 16:38   Link #2060
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
it's all good as long as goals are scored.
Well I got what I wanted. Goals! Was a good match. Looking forward to Croatia vs. Turkey.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer