AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 02:05   Link #421
shishio

No offense but why is this show so silly? I mean, the first and second episode was great like Macross F with whiny heroine but the 3rd and 4th...was.....silly.
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 02:45   Link #422
leokiko

Being silly? There were loads of character development in this chapter, awesome battles, Fudo being enigmatic and awesome and the true villain awakening. The only thing silly were a few cheesy lines.

But that made sense to me. Mikono simply realized they were all getting screwed to protect her (seeing it happen in front of her was obviously a shock) so she wanted to be there for them at least once. She expressed her feelings to both of them AND THEY ABSOLUTELY OWNED THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE.

Great episode. And...@Shinji103: Fudo is doing this ''Love forbidden'' thing TO PROVE A POINT. I'm 100% sure it won't last too long.

Highlights for the next episode: Zessica flirting with Amato. That will be priceless xD

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-01-23 at 03:01.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 02:54   Link #423
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Another great episode. And the wall has been destroyed, perfect.

On another note, does anyone know who the mysterious girl in the OP is? The white haired one.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 02:59   Link #424
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Another great episode. And the wall has been destroyed, perfect.

On another note, does anyone know who the mysterious girl in the OP is? The white haired one.
She's Rena's descendant, that's for sure. Probably gonna have some awesome Element power (I just hope it's something cool, like last series, which was vampirism).
Old 2012-01-23, 03:10   Link #425
thr

I was and am a great fan of the original Aquarion, but this ... what the heck is this show? It feels like they scraped together the leftover parts from Macross F, but only to cover up that you have already seen this show if you watched the original Aquarion. And their budget must be pretty low if Kanno couldn't be bothered to come up with a new score. I wouldn't be surprised if the insert songs also are leftovers from Macross F. Next up: Aquarion in Budōkan?
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 03:17   Link #426
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Spoiler for Request?:

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 03:18   Link #427
leokiko

@thr:
Don't you think it's too early to judge?
Old 2012-01-23, 03:42   Link #428
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Great episode. And...@Shinji103: Fudo is doing this ''Love forbidden'' thing TO PROVE A POINT. I'm 100% sure it won't last too long.
As I stated myself first thing, I don't believe it'll last long either. And also as I pointed out, it doesn't change the fact that it's dumb.

Quote:
Highlights for the next episode: Zessica flirting with Amato. That will be priceless xD
Sure it'll be priceless......until the armband ring zaps her and brings it to an abrupt end. Then you'll see why I'm not a big fan of the love ban.
Old 2012-01-23, 04:08   Link #429
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Just a thing to mention. Evol's Fudou is Fudou ZEN, not the original's Fudou GEN...

*Is an SRW Player*

...does anyone think what I'm thinking?
Awesome cross-dimensional team up time! And possibly a combination attack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
As I stated myself first thing, I don't believe it'll last long either. And also as I pointed out, it doesn't change the fact that it's dumb.
You need to see the other side of the coin. If there is something able to tell whether people are falling in love, then Mikono will be forced to acknowledge she is actually in love with Amata. There's no way out for her
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 04:14   Link #430
Kakkou
Tch.

Still in the middle of catching up with the previous Aquarion series but thanks to that I got to enjoy catching all the throwbacks (Kagura crawling, Gen Zen's introduction scene, Mugen Punch, etc.) on top of the heavy innuendo and zany writing.

My favourite this week was realising that Jin's "正体不明のSHOWTIME" was not just a neat pun but also the first line of Aquarion TV's second opening.

However, two eps in a row without showing the Elements having an orgasm inducing gattai? Preposterous. Mugen Punch unlocking scene doesn't count.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 05:13   Link #431
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mugen Punch makes a return! And in a BIG way I didn't think they would use it so soon Plus didn't take too long for that wall to be destroyed after all and judging by the reaction from both the boys and the girls, it's been a long time coming Oh Amata, will you never cease to amuse me with your tendency to throw out the rules

Aquarion is seriously my Dark Horse of the season, the one show I didn't have much hopes for but ends up entertaining me to no end every week
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 05:44   Link #432
magnuskn

Still easily the best anime of the last years, IMO.
Old 2012-01-23, 05:56   Link #433
ReddyRedWolf

Given Crea's comment of Fudo breaking another seal she is definitely Rena 12,000 years later.

Though I don't think they are reincarnations. As Gen Fudo now going by the name Zen Fudo (How very imaginative) implied to be a immortal human who was the third pilot of Aquarion.
Rena who is the reincarnation of Apollonius and Celiane's pet dog was a Element with vampire characteristics that lived already for several centuries.

Gen may become slimmer and wearing an eye patch and Rena became a loli rather than just goth-loli is definitely them.

I can only guess those two pulled a Doctor with their new forms.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 05:57   Link #434
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The best thing about Aquarion EVOL thus far is that it's managed, for me at least, to not make any of those characters feel annoying.

I mean, normally characters like Cayenne grits on a viewer's feeling by being openly and physically hostile, but he's shown decent amounts of restraint. And although protective, hasn't shown signs of being possessive.

Shrade too, for the typical mysterious,strongest and fabulous pretty boy... for one, seems reasonably normal. I was afraid he was going to be like an overly cliche character when it comes to being mysterious.

Likewise with Donar. He's been a surprisingly nice character with room to explore his character further instead of just being an adult teacher role.

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing this to see who have the COURAGE to break the rules for LOVE to determine the ideal pilots.

Wait, that wouldn't explain Mix who's still in denial and all "i can't put up with this shit."

Quote:
Still, at this stage, I think it's fairly obvious Zesicca's doing it to make Mikono jealous and aware of her own feelings as a Amata x Mikono shipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I can only guess those two pulled a Doctor with their new forms.
Or maybe just redesign since the character and animation design's different with EVOL.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:09   Link #435
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wait, that wouldn't explain Mix who's still in denial and all "i can't put up with this shit."
If the theory Andy is Pierre reincarnated holds maybe Mix is Cloe reincarnated.

Cloe didn't approve of Pierre's womanizing ways but she did like him finally confessing at the end.

Only in this life she doesn't approve mixers.

Talk about taking your baggage to the next life.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:27   Link #436
tsunade666

still a great episode. it never cease to amuse me with its over the top attack and scenes. That bgm when mugen punch was revived was also great but I'm having hard time remember who was Rena that you guys are talking about. It's been years since I last watch Aquarion. Maybe I should rewatch it. It's a good show with a silly and romantic or maybe can be said tragedy ending. the ending just doesn't suit with me so I didn't rewatch it again. And with the current series airing. I'm having hard time to see connections from the past reincarnation. But onto the episode that the mugen punch needs to circle the world twice before it hits the berlin wall was silly but funny as well. And Seeing Fudo Zen takes up the commander position is good because the over the top lessons of him will be seen again. I enjoyed it when his guiding the pilots last season. And does this confirms Mikono's element as an element that strengthens others element? like in first 2 episode they said that she strengthens the elements and now in the fight she strengthens or gives support to make Amata stronger.

And onto next episode >.> I wonder why Amata doesn't get that ring while the others had it. But silly ring and silly plot again. I will enjoy next episode for sure. Seeing the zap here and there.
Old 2012-01-23, 06:37   Link #437
mayumi

hopefully we will get andy and mix scenes next week. also, this show needs more zessica and i don't mean flirting with amata just to tease mikono. things like what is her element, i know it has something to do with her hands and what is her back ground etc. hopefully she can bring back aquarion luna. she is a bit more aloof than i thought she would be. kinda living in her own world.

noticed how she told mikono straight out that she is always thinking negatively. hello reika are you in her? lol
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:41   Link #438
Shikijin

gg got that line wrong in the second episode. Mikono intruded inside Aquaria, not powered it up. As for her Element power, it is still unspecified.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:46   Link #439
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
s but I'm having hard time remember who was Rena that you guys are talking about. It's been years since I last watch Aquarion.
Rena is the white-haired blind girl in a wheelchair who's also a vampire.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:49   Link #440
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And onto next episode >.> I wonder why Amata doesn't get that ring while the others had it.
He doesn't need a ring thanks to his Element powers. Any heart throbbing moments and he'll have his head in the clouds, quite literally.

Oooohhh, I just noticed that Crea is voiced by Sakura Tange. Haven't heard her in a while~!!
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction