AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 04:45   Link #821
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Don't know why after watching OP of Achiga-hen, saki become antagonist role.
Actually, now that I think about it, wasn't their first impression of her something like 'Oh god it's a 'monster'?'

Or am I remembering that wrong?

*Oh yeah, at around the end of the third chapter, looking super ominous there, aren't you Saki?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:47   Link #822
Marina2

I can't wait to hear Hanazawa Kana's voice for Kuro in ch.8-9 adaption.
Old 2012-04-13, 07:17   Link #823
Qilin
Romanticist

At this point in the quarter finals, I'm just waiting for Saki's inevitable comeback.

The dragginess of the main story really gets on my nerves at times.
Old 2012-04-13, 08:21   Link #824
Peanutbutter

I'm kinda expecting somewhere in the future "keikaku doori" from Takei Hisa, with things like "Saki, you were too attention-grabbing during the finals in the provincial games, so I want you to lie low for this match. Wait till everyone has shown their tricks, then you do your stuff."
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 10:33   Link #825
Marina2

Saki has to wait everyone at the table to finish their flashbacks
Old 2012-04-14, 12:20   Link #826
kona~chan
ヘタレ

^
which made me wondering when we will be informed about saki past

achiga raw
http://reihitsu2.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/670/
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 20:23   Link #827
Peanutbutter

Read Achiga-hen Chapter 9.

All I have to say is Teru Banzai!
Old 2012-04-15, 12:33   Link #828
Qilin
Romanticist

Yep. Translation for chapter 9 of side A is out. Sadly, it's only 36 pages of content as opposed to the usual 60 - 80 page range.

That said, watching Teru steamroll everyone into the ground repeatedly never gets old. Of course, I wish the match would end by next chapter already, or else the remaining four matches would be in jeopardy.

Next week is the next chapter for the main story and next month is the next side A chapter.

Time for more waiting then.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:16   Link #829
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^what remaining four? teru is gonna crush em all in the first turn ~
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 13:28   Link #830
Qilin
Romanticist

^ Last I heard, there should be four more matches after the Kuro x Toki x Kirame x Teru Vanguard match.

Regardless of how monstrous a player Teru is, she still is part of a team after all.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:43   Link #831
King-Slayer

Damn Teru is living up to the hype of being a major bad ass. I feel a bit bad about the others but again damn Teru! And i agree with Qilin in that i think if the match doesn't end by next week almost every other match will be in jeopardy of not getting the time they need.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:08   Link #832
Marina2

So, I figue something out

How to counter Teru abilities

1.) Try to win with fast and cheap hand instead of bigger one. It will increase a chance to interrupt Teru chain win combo and Teru hand will be forced to stay at low score.

2.) Teru uses "Mirror" ability to check up on everyone ability and play style at the first round and play her game according to those data. This is where you can do a trick.

You need to change your play style as often as you can (for each round of the match), so that Teru won’t able to catch up with how you play. She may need to activate her “Mirror” to re-analysis your play style again and in the turn she did that, she (may) can’t complete her hand!

This one may be hard to do for “monster” player who have some kind of rules or conditions bond with their abilities which made it hard for them to change how they play, but for normal player who play according to situation, it will be easier to do, I guess.

3.) Since her hand value is fixed with her own ability’s rule (Start from low value to high value hand and the next hand value must higher than the last one), it shouldn’t be too hard to guess and try to figure out what hand Teru is going for/What tile she need/what tile she will discard. You can easily ron off Teru, if you good enough.

All of These ideas will work the best if all players at a table (except Teru) aim to do these things. Also, “helping each other to win” likes what Kirame and Toki done in ch.8 will be a great aid to these methods.

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend” - “Teru is our no.1 enemy, so let’s (temporary) join force and destroy her!!!”
Old 2012-04-15, 16:13   Link #833
orangejuicetang

I wonder. I mean, if even Koromo can pretty much shut down any standard 1v3 even with the other 3 people ganging up on her, I'm pretty sure Teru, who shut down Koromo, would have no trouble fighting a 1v3. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed she wasn't even going all out right now.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 17:02   Link #834
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I wonder. I mean, if even Koromo can pretty much shut down any standard 1v3 even with the other 3 people ganging up on her, I'm pretty sure Teru, who shut down Koromo, would have no trouble fighting a 1v3. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed she wasn't even going all out right now.
Just a bit of info. So far, Teru hasn't played against Koromo at all. I think that's what the English translation had and that's not quite accurate.

If I remembered, that was mentioned by the announcer Kokaji. From the Chinese translated version I read, she was actually referring to Teru's point gains compared to Koromo in last year's nationals, not that they actually had the chance to play against each other.

To further provide evidence to the above, Ryuumonbuchi got knocked out by Rinkai in the nationals, after Touka went berserk and Megan Devin was scared stiff and quickly knocked out another team before they can make a comeback.
Old 2012-04-15, 17:40   Link #835
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
^ Last I heard, there should be four more matches after the Kuro x Toki x Kirame x Teru Vanguard match.

Regardless of how monstrous a player Teru is, she still is part of a team after all.
if she beats down atleast 1 of em below 0 pts she just flatout wins the entire thing
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 20:17   Link #836
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
if she beats down atleast 1 of em below 0 pts she just flatout wins the entire thing
Oh, man. I love Teru and all, but if the finals arc ends just like that, it would make the other schools look beyond pathetic. With that said, I humbly hope that the champion spares them the full force of her wrath.

I would feel really bad for Kuro if the match ended without her completing a single hand.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:26   Link #837
night_sentinel

Just read Achiga chapter 9 and Teru is absolutely dominating. She almost doubled her points and the match hasn't ended.

Though, it would truly establish Teru's superiority if she singlehandedly win this I really don't want to see it happen. As Qilin said it would make the other schools pretty pathetic. And I really really want to see the rest of Shiraitodai play even if its just a short glimpse .

Besides in the prefecture tournament, in the team tournament it showed that the match reached captain with Awai ending her turn in all. So I'm holding on some hope that its possible to stop Teru or at least break her winning streak. They did it once after all.

Though, the scene with Toki at the end was odd. Did she faint or will faint by overusing her power or something? Because that's the only scenario I can envision she'll see Ryuuka thigh upside down. That and develop anti gravity powers.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:09   Link #838
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Definitely fainted, and kuro.is again showing us how much she sucks.....
Old 2012-04-16, 11:31   Link #839
Marina2

Somehow I feel that lot of anime watchers will disappoint at how little mahjong game in this spin-off. I'm waiting to see their reaction toward the speed of prefecture round. in next ep.

and.......If the sale is bad, we can say goodbye to Saki season 2.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:56   Link #840
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Though, the scene with Toki at the end was odd. Did she faint or will faint by overusing her power or something? Because that's the only scenario I can envision she'll see Ryuuka thigh upside down. That and develop anti gravity powers.
I think she probably fainted.. But Teru is just so freaking owning right now..

Kuro can't help but dealt to her hand.. Miyanaga Teru... How frightening... I expects Toki to have some good moments though...
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri