AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 00:49   Link #121
chaos_animagic

LOL... gotta love gender changes... they're so fun, LOL

BTW, wouldn't it be funny if at the end... it turns out he was just dreaming from playing too much game?

PS: anyone did a count on how many Loli and Tsunderes there are?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 10:10   Link #122
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

...2. Just 2.

I counted and then re-counted.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:42   Link #123
Xaturas

Looks cool.
Cast is also great. I loled at Inn loli girl and then loli ninja bodyguard ^^.
Btw no matter how I look at it, that loli ninja looks like a mini version of Koneko from HS DxD.

Quote:
Miyama-Zero illustrates both Oda Nobuna no Yabō and another light novel series, High School DxD.
Ahhh now I get it why some characters looks almost the same.

Btw didn't read novels, but would be cool if MC did some inventions, after all he doesn't give a damn about him messing up with the past.
He could as well use some of new tactics and knowledge to create some better equipment. He doesn't need to be a rocket scientists to improve their weapons/tactics, considering that he played strategy games for god know how long.
For example Rifling their guns (as they are probably not rifled).
Old 2012-07-11, 15:51   Link #124
HandofFate

I laughed at tsundere Oda.
Some of the voice acting is inconsistent. Some are enjoyable, and others like Goemon's seems to out of place and really bad.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:39   Link #125
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I thought Goemon will use her typical Minori Chihara voice, but noooooooo ! Her Kugyu-like voice didn't even fit her and I didn't even expect it in the first place
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 16:45   Link #126
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Don't know, based on LN, the story follows historical events fairly closely, albeit with it's own twists. (A reason I loved this series.)

Despite the gender bending, the series is more similar to FMA Movie than Ikkitousen.
Except, unlike the real war, I assume none of the girls die in battles right? Don't think they will dare to kill the bishoujos.
Old 2012-07-12, 22:04   Link #127
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely got around to watching this and there anther person going back in time to a messed up timeline its Sengoku Otome all over again
Old 2012-07-15, 14:02   Link #128
ookamigirl

Oda's little brother sure is a brat.
Sagara always seems to get himself into unnecessary trouble.
He sure makes a great trader, but is pretty much an airhead...
He has more luck than brains.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:06   Link #129
Zeross

i'm realy enjoying this one a lot more than i thought i would

the game references are fun, but i like how he dosn't go "if i say this dialog like in the game it will do that". I prefere the "oh crap deathflag raised, i need to do something" a lot more.

this show as a great balance of seriousness and joke, i'm loving it
Old 2012-07-15, 14:31   Link #130
Candyshark

Wow dude not only with smarts but balls too and that in harem show? Show is not even halfbad as the premise.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:41   Link #131
sikvod00

The MC is definitely bold and ambitious, but I don't think he's that smart or special. He's able to predict most of the events and their consequences simply because he's from the future. Furthermore, he was lucky enough to get taken back to period of his own "expertise". There's nothing inherently remarkable about that. What makes him interesting is that he's a naked opportunist who will gladly take advantage of this knowledge... or perhaps that's what you meant by smart

Kanae Itou's voice is as lovely as ever; she fits the role of Nobuna like a glove and easily has the best character design. I have no problem with her stepping on me and calling me a monkey!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:45   Link #132
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Don't know, based on LN, the story follows historical events fairly closely, albeit with it's own twists. (A reason I loved this series.)

Despite the gender bending, the series is more similar to FMA Movie than Ikkitousen.
Having read the novel, I agree with this.

In general, the story follows the general history timeline with occasional minor changes (e.g. episode 2 event).

The novel itself is extremely well done. The anime thus far is adapting it faithfully.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:49   Link #133
Zeross

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
The MC is definitely bold and ambitious, but I don't think he's that smart or inherently special. He's able to predict most of the events and their consequences simply because he's from the future. Furthermore, he was lucky enough to get taken back to period of his own "expertise". The best thing about him is that he's a naked opportunist who will gladly take advantage of this knowledge... or perhaps that's what you meant by smart
even though, in this type of show we would normaly have about 2-3 episode or "ehh? where am i ? that not possible ! i want to goback home, waaah T.T ",
then few episode of "i'm just a normal student i can't fight, no don't yell at me you're scaring me T.T ",
then few episode of actual story/devlopement before a "oh no i have to go back, but i took a liking of this world T.T", end.

sooooo having a character that actualy say "eh cool, bring them on i know how to handle that, and lets see if i can make a harem out of it" is realy good.

remind me of how nice i thought cinque behavied in dog days, even if cinque just got thought the cliché at light speed instead of actualy skiping them;
Old 2012-07-15, 15:51   Link #134
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:59   Link #135
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

if things would have turned serious that would had made this the third series with a plot twist in it second episode, the way they ended the fight was just shit and giggles, though i recall some od my country history and certainly the way to win a battle like that has precedent, still very enjoyable episode the production values seem quite good, it certainly retains the second spot this season.
Old 2012-07-15, 16:02   Link #136
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

the more yoshiharu use his knowledge from future, the more hystory will changes, eventually he cant rely on that knowledge anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Spoiler for hmm:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:10   Link #137
Sakanaka Shouko

The episode was great, Sagara sure gets into too much trouble but he's pretty good at getting out too. Next episode looks like we'll see a lot of action. I'm already looking forward to it.
Old 2012-07-15, 17:50   Link #138
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler:

I guess I will have to start watching this show. If Nobunaga can catch pokemon, Nobunaga can be a girl.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:13   Link #139
coroloro

This series has just rocketed to the top of my list for the season - it already had my attention with episode one, but I -really- like the feel of this and where it is going. Ironically, it is doing exactly what one of its predecessors already did in reverse ("Battle Girls - Time Paradox") - only this time it seems to be doing it right. Battle Girls was something of a farce - it had its enjoyable points, but in that anime the main character (who assumed EXACTLY the same role) was also a girl. All the historical figures were over-done versions of themselves, and it had a somewhat unrealistic feel: its focus was fun, but any drama was impossible to pull off well as you had trouble taking the characters fully seriously.

This anime does the same thing, but it does it in a far more intelligent way. Making the lead character a male also adds the element of romance into play (or at least, non subtle-semi-bisexual romantic undertones) as well as a far more dynamic and interesting main character (the boy from our world, that is). Nobuna is also a great deal more complex and less flat that the female Nobunaga from "Battle Girls". She is not some crusader to unite the world who is rather ignorant of anything but battle - she has wonderfully complex feelings as the last two episodes seek to illustrate.

Of all the new series, this is number 1 on my list right now (though two series coming in from last season are in contest with it - Accel World and Eureka Seven AO, Accel World being above this one at the moment). I look forward to seeing where they take it. It reminds me faintly of Utawarerumono, which was one of my favourite animes of all time - only minus some of the fantasy/sci fi aspects

-Coroloro
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:18   Link #140
Beggar

This is a lot better than Sengoku Collection to me. I originally watched Sengoku Collection thinking it was this.
Beggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen