AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 08:27   Link #3461
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Am I the only one that likes it when vampire Haruto goes after L-Elf. Where he then proceeds to bite him only to fail at his attempt to do so. I would be happy if them two ended up being together.
The only stable relationship so far in the series L-Elf x Haruto
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:47   Link #3462
whispo
The Reaper

The "leaked" raw is now out, so for those of you who want to watch it, go get it.

Truth be told, this episode was much more "normal" and less goofy then the previous valvrave episodes. It seems like they actually tried to change some of the things that made people dislike season 1. I can't really put my finger around it, but it's more of a gut feeling while watching this episode. Also I've never been a real L-elf fan, but I have to admit, that guy looks friggin cool now.

It was a cool episode, and it resolved the season1 cliffhanger nicely. I'm looking forward to the next couple episodes!

Also, the new OP is pretty cool.
whispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 12:47   Link #3463
Kurohane

@iCK I don't think the OP and ED are to be taken that literally, especially for shipping. Most of the time, they have filler animation, just to look cool or add effect.
Old 2013-10-10, 13:28   Link #3464
MeggieMay

Well I went to see when Ep 13 was airing and it said 47 seconds so guess what I stopped and watched .

I need to ponder what I just watched for a bit for the most part it was a good episode. I did think it wasn't quite as good as the bulk of the episodes from last season but it also seemed to be a bridge episode and those can be less enjoyable for me in general. Anyway, I'm glad the show is back
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:18   Link #3465
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-10, 15:20   Link #3466
finalfury
Incognito

Spoiler for Episode 1 Season 2:

Episode 1 was good, a bit low in terms of how much was covered and how much needs to be covered, but the pacing was good considering how much stuff was going on so I have faith. OP was nice, and the presentation of the OP was better than season 1 I think while the animation quality took a slight nosedive.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-10-10 at 16:16.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 16:02   Link #3467
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Spoiler for My shipper is showing:

I liked how they wrapped up the season 1 cliffhanger, it was actually beautifully done. I also positively received how they toned down the randomness, season 1 was really a bit much.

The pacing is also reasonably done, it isn't too slow, nor too fast. This makes it an excellent bridge between season 1 & 2.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 18:04   Link #3468
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1 Season 2:

Episode 1 was good, a bit low in terms of how much was covered and how much needs to be covered, but the pacing was good considering how much stuff was going on so I have faith. OP was nice, and the presentation of the OP was better than season 1 I think while the animation quality took a slight nosedive.
I hope you're right. In any case, from what we know from previous flashforwards, Haruto clearly never destroyed the valvraves and judging from the fact that the others are useless without someone piloting the VVVI, I hape that Haruto's still alive 200 years in the future.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:22   Link #3469
stagrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Spoiler for My shipper is showing:

I liked how they wrapped up the season 1 cliffhanger, it was actually beautifully done. I also positively received how they toned down the randomness, season 1 was really a bit much.

The pacing is also reasonably done, it isn't too slow, nor too fast. This makes it an excellent bridge between season 1 & 2.
You do know that the "just the way you like it" line is actually just "that's my dinner".
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:57   Link #3470
~BC~

L-Elf asks if it's her dinner. Shoko replies that it's simple (in a way that implies that L-Elf prefers it that way ). It might be a call back to his nutrition comment in ep. 8. Thing is, now that they're on the moon that sort of scant eating is no longer necessary ergo L-Elf's advice.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 23:21   Link #3471
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagrider View Post
You do know that the "just the way you like it" line is actually just "that's my dinner".

Really? No duh dude, I know what she meant, I was just pointing out that she made that comment with his preference in mind... -_- (Didn't think I'd have to explain that.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 04:04   Link #3472
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

It's back. The shipping in this show is all over the place.

Also it seems that shadowy organization has the same powers as the protagonists. Interesting.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 05:26   Link #3473
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Through with the first ep of the second season.

>All right, Saki and the rest of the VVV pilots, though they're somewhat vampires and possess body-swapping abilities, are not classified as magius, not just yet. [I]Amadeus being turned into one proves this theory as a curse seal was soon embedded on his hand and a magius emblem was imprinted in his system. Eventually, he's now immortal and one of them. Saki and the rest don't have any particular seal embedded on their bodies. Besides, Cain saying something about Haruto being from a third generation means that he is still far from being a superior vampire.[/B] Anyhow, jitters crawled all over my body when I saw Amadeus being fang-raped by that creep. That face lol

>ARUS and DORSSIA are nothing more than nations in the making. Both leaders are acquainted with the magius council, and seems to have been dominated by the race's influence. Humans are simply nourishment for vampire suckers since they are the main source of runes. In order to rule above humans, they need to expand their influence through silently inflicting fear to those who are aware of their existence and turning someone from a government into a magius. The Magius council 101 manipulates and control the balance of the nations' power. Just like a bunch of Illuminati?

>Moving on, everyone was right with their conjectures of Haruto's vampiric urges. When the runes are depleted, just replenish it by assaulting humans. Saki is not enough since she's also a vampire. What Haruto needs is a human--L Elf--to gather runes for himself and the Valvraves. In other words, when hunger strikes, prey on someone.

>L Elf and Shoko! L Elf is being polite and thoughtful towards Shoko, and Shoko caught him off guard again when she asked if he's worried of her that he avoided her stare and looked away. He admitted that YOKKAN tasted good. He displayed a stoic expression to hide his soft side as to Shoko getting associated with him and some serious issues. He would be seen looking at her just like what he did during the campaign or election in the first season, unknown to viewers of what he's currently thinking when gazing at her. And I just noticed in the op. . . Shoko and L Elf are always positioned on the right. It's no coincidence for me. This is chemistry really works. L Elf is just so *bursts* hot with his half-naked body hued in a shade of blue. He and Shoko are placed on right, alternating Haruto and Saki on the left.

>Haruto and Saki. Saki is simply being Saki and Haruto being Haruto. Well, yeah. . . romance, no rape. . . Moving on--

I'll continue this perhaps with some other time. I have to rewatch season 1 again to feel the episode more.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-10-11 at 10:59.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 18:10   Link #3474
shalala

S2 ep 1

As much as I liked the ep there where a few things that bother me. Which was: Why was no one graving when all their friends died. Would have loved to see Haruto reaction when being told that X amount of people died and the people that lived being angry of the results. The politics side of things just looked like Arus will be taking care of everything for Joir but I would have wished it would have been better as now Arus just looks like they have other motives.

I like how this ep to me confirms the shipping of Haruto and L-Elf. I giggled a bit too much when Haruto chose L-Elf to be his one and only human. That medical room will have its uses.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 19:00   Link #3475
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
As much as I liked the ep there where a few things that bother me. Which was: Why was no one graving when all their friends died. Would have loved to see Haruto reaction when being told that X amount of people died and the people that lived being angry of the results. The politics side of things just looked like Arus will be taking care of everything for Joir but I would have wished it would have been better as now Arus just looks like they have other motives.

I like how this ep to me confirms the shipping of Haruto and L-Elf. I giggled a bit too much when Haruto chose L-Elf to be his one and only human. That medical room will have its uses.
There was a two months time-skip, during that time frame they probably had taken care of the dead.
Old 2013-10-11, 19:22   Link #3476
Destined_Fate

I would hope that Haruto and Saki can progress in a rlationship beyond that rape. Would be very sad if that ship doesn't get some happiness too.

Though priority for me is the Shoko and L-Elf ship which causes me to fear that I may be trolled and both will be killed off or never are shown as a couple.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 19:46   Link #3477
erika4dsl

Shoko will eventually have to choose L-Elf or Haruto if the writers decide on developing a romance between Shoko and L-Elf.

Haruto and Shoko no matter how alike they're are growing and maturing. Their duties already isolate themselves from each other and they're spending a lot of time with people whose personalities are forcing them to grow (L-Elf with Shoko, Saki with Haruto) and with L-Elf there's already obvious hints of him growing fond of Shoko such as his concern about her health.

Haruto and Saki's relationship don't interest me at all since I'm not a fan of Saki. She's just very emotionally needy.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:00   Link #3478
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Okouchi on Haruto and L-Elf. Found it on 2ch.

>q: so there are two main characters this time: Haruto and L-Elf. How did this happen?
>O: even if you want to form an independent nation, you usually need some sort of help. mechas definitely help as a military force, but then you need someone who's militarily trained and capable. it would be odd to have someone like that among the students, so I brought in L-Elf as an outsider.

>q: the actor for L-Elf, Ryohei Kimura-san, mentioned that Haruto and L-Elf are like two sides of the same coin and compensate for each other's faults.
>O: the story wouldn't be as interesting if you had two identical protagonists. much more interesting to have people from different backgrounds bicker and fight and slowly come to understand each other. with Code Geass, Lelouch and Suzaku had a nice dynamic as both adversaries and friends, but Haruto and L-Elf are in the same location. so I wrote them to be very unfriendly and mistrustful of each other, because it works that way.

>q: I see. then finally, please give your viewers a closing message.
>O: as a script-writer, I can say Haruto and L-Elf are very fun characters to write. Haruto can be very outspoken and assertive towards L-Elf with impunity, probably because the latter has killed him already. As for L-Elf, Haruto is the most far-removed and infuriating human being he has encountered. I hope you will enjoy watching the distance between these two shrink and expand, and at the very end… just wait and see.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:09   Link #3479
Destined_Fate

Hey, he doesn't see Shoko as the most infuriating! That's all you Haruto!

L-Elf's life sure has turned upside down since he met Haruto and Shoko.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:16   Link #3480
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hey, he doesn't see Shoko as the most infuriating! That's all you Haruto!

L-Elf's life sure has turned upside down since he met Haruto and Shoko.
Since you said that, now all I can think of is L-Elf singing the first two lines of the Fresh Prince theme

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire