AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-07-03, 23:02   Link #101
cheenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive
Spoiler:
really? o.O u thought that karura shoudl go with oboro? i found kuruo and karura cute, especially in episode 8 when it seemed like kuruo was "hitting on her" and afterwards he said "dumped already?" can't figure out who touka would go with....
cheenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 01:29   Link #102
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Huge spoilers for the future:
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 06:05   Link #103
highfive

Warning: Major spoiler for ending...to do with characters
Spoiler:
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 08:03   Link #104
cheenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Spoiler for Huge spoilers for the future:
why are we using spoiler tags? isnt this the spoiler thread?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-04, 08:54   Link #105
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenk
why are we using spoiler tags? isnt this the spoiler thread?
Spoiler:
And those points are described pretty well... LOL
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 11:43   Link #106
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Game summary for Episode 13

I will post now the game summary for episode 13. For those who didn't read yet all the massive spoilers, please enjoy!

Spoiler for For content covering episode 13:

Comments, anyone?

Last edited by PGilis; 2006-07-04 at 11:58.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 01:23   Link #107
Bakaaa

Spoiler:

Maybe someone could tell me
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 05:19   Link #108
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaaa
i thought they were a pacific or neutral race.
Not neutral enough since one of their own seems to be in league with Niwe. That, IMO, is reason enough for some members of the Winged Race to butt in and try to reason with the wayward fellowman.
Old 2006-07-05, 06:21   Link #109
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenk
really? o.O u thought that karura shoudl go with oboro? i found kuruo and karura cute, especially in episode 8 when it seemed like kuruo was "hitting on her" and afterwards he said "dumped already?" can't figure out who touka would go with....
IMO, I'd rather see Kurou and Karura hook up together since they are both more of the brutal type whereas Touka, the elegant samurai girl would either go with Benawi or with Oboro. Not sure which of them is the more suitable just yet though.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:26   Link #110
Bakaaa

haha samurai daicho is the best position
Old 2006-07-06, 07:46   Link #111
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Got a request.

Is there someone here who could translate:

for me? There are a LOT of ending spoilers (so BEWARE) there and I'm not very fond of online translators like Babelfish and whatnot. I've got some holes in my relative knowledge of UM's ending and wish to patch them using this.

PM is perfectly alright if you don't want to partake the information at hand with others - and those who absolutely do not wish to be spoiled but still venture here.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-07-06 at 07:56.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 10:48   Link #112
cheenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
IMO, I'd rather see Kurou and Karura hook up together since they are both more of the brutal type whereas Touka, the elegant samurai girl would either go with Benawi or with Oboro. Not sure which of them is the more suitable just yet though.
defeinetly kurou and karura

hmm... touka w/ benawi? or with oboro? hook up with the "almost as emotionless as hakuoro" samurai leader or hook up with the weakest of hakuoro's "generals"? haha. ::lack of good male characters::
Old 2006-07-06, 23:11   Link #113
highfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
IMO, I'd rather see Kurou and Karura hook up together since they are both more of the brutal type whereas.
Yeah, thats what i was hoping at first but karura seems to have other plans with her angel chick :P there seems to be something going on between them two dont you think? :P

Quote:
Touka, the elegant samurai girl would either go with Benawi or with Oboro. Not sure which of them is the more suitable just yet though
Definite for Touka and Benawi - Oboro doesnt deserve to be with Touka. His skills are obviously inferior to hers. She needs to be with a real man! I'm soooo hoping to see Benawi at his full strength
Old 2006-07-07, 00:58   Link #114
Bakaaa

haha are you sure benawi is stronger than the legendary evenkuruga
well u have a point oboro is without a doubt weaker
Old 2006-07-07, 01:25   Link #115
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaaa
haha are you sure benawi is stronger than the legendary evenkuruga
well u have a point oboro is without a doubt weaker
Benwai is the strongest of the male character in terms of combat. And he did fought Kaura to a draw a few eps back even if only for a short amount of time.
Old 2006-07-07, 01:42   Link #116
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yup, but Karura had a disadvantage in that every sword of hers broke asunder each time she struck at Benawi, meaning that at that moment, despite Benawi's fair-play in letting her try more weapons to continue the fight, she wasn't yet equipped with her now trademark weapon - whose use undoubtedly would have had a huge influence on the battle. I mean, how the hell can you parry such a heavy sword swung with what would be a helluva big momentum? The previous swords were okay as they didn't have much mass to stop, but can a halberd-like weapon stop such a heavy blade without breaking? Ah, the convenient laws of anime...
Old 2006-07-07, 05:21   Link #117
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Yup, but Karura had a disadvantage in that every sword of hers broke asunder each time she struck at Benawi, meaning that at that moment, despite Benawi's fair-play in letting her try more weapons to continue the fight, she wasn't yet equipped with her now trademark weapon - whose use undoubtedly would have had a huge influence on the battle. I mean, how the hell can you parry such a heavy sword swung with what would be a helluva big momentum? The previous swords were okay as they didn't have much mass to stop, but can a halberd-like weapon stop such a heavy blade without breaking? Ah, the convenient laws of anime...
When you can't parry, you dodge or you deviate the strike somehow.

Benawi is not stupid and won't try to parry such an attack. However, that doesn't make me sure on who to put my bet on if there were to be a fight between them.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 15:12   Link #118
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Okay..
my question: What about Karura and Urutorii? Did they know each other, or...?
*wants yuri*
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 19:17   Link #119
highfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
that may be true, however Karura's speed would have sharply fallen with her new weapon in play .So if she were to have fought him with the big sword i doubt she would have been able to dodge Benawi's attack...and with the possiblity that she could, like Gammoah said Benawi isnt likely to parry...but i agree, i wouldnt know who to bet on.
Old 2006-07-08, 02:27   Link #120
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Hah, forget the whole BenawixTouka stuff. It's all about ToukaxAruruu o .o *Gets smacked with a toaster*

But yeah, I don't really see much of a connection with the other male characters and the female characters. Hakuoro is a pimp who doesn't like to share ;p

And we all know, shoujo-ai FTW :X
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote