AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 34 Rating
Perfect 10 13 27.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 46.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-01, 23:47   Link #21
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
what's with all the complaining about Sloth? Personally I feel that this Sloth fits a lot better than the 1st anime's. I mean, what about her represented Sloth? My guess is that she was only thrown into it because they must have felt the series didn’t have enough angst Ed (like it really needed anymore).
Old 2009-12-02, 02:00   Link #22
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

I think people just like to nitpick... I think the personality fits. Sloth is a homunculus so he can be made to any form and build... Later when he unleashes his true power you'll see why he is really called sloth

Very good ep overall... looking forward to the next one.
Old 2009-12-02, 05:02   Link #23
kitten320

Water is far more lazy than a huge musculine guy. Water is never in hurry unless it is pushed by wind or something.

And I was talking more about looks than powers although in Envy case his powers suit him perfectly. Why? Becaus he Envy's everyone so basicly he could think that someone looks better than him so he changes the looks. Smeone has more power, so once again he changes the looks to also have that power. Envy and transformation work perfectly.

Greed could be tough because he wants everything in his life and if he will be weak there is no way that he will get what he wants so he has to be tough for that.

Wrath - he is fast and strong exactly the way angry person is. In anger human's power and speed increase dramaticly.

Gluttony - eats everyone

Lust - there is no real big connection between her powers and name but she has the right looks so it makes up for it.

Sloth - his looks simply don't fit. A lazy person will never be that musculine and strong. And it's not about being human or homoncul, he is the one who represantates Sloth.

I didn't say I don't like him, I just said that his looks are completly unfitting.
Old 2009-12-02, 08:05   Link #24
Vlyse

Masculine and strong beings have always been commonly known by their laziness due to being so strong. Just look at some interpretations of Hades or Slaking, a pokemon.

It also becomes even clearer later on why he's named Sloth.
Old 2009-12-02, 08:09   Link #25
bitesnitch

Sloth makes the homunculi cast overall more visually balanced; with him, poor Gluttony will not be all alone among a group of handsome people (written by someone else Gluttony might as well have been represented by a pretty girl too that's bulimic)
Old 2009-12-02, 11:22   Link #26
Dead Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Sloth - his looks simply don't fit. A lazy person will never be that musculine and strong
I bet even you'd have such huge muscles if you dug a tunnel that big. It has nothing to do with his name. He doesn't want to work, but he has to and that's why he is so muscular.

IMO the water-Sloth was much worse than the manga-Sloth. Water stays never still, it is always on the move.

Last edited by Dead Cake; 2009-12-02 at 15:12.
Old 2009-12-02, 11:28   Link #27
Abyssinian

The second part of the episode was almost all action. Thats great
Old 2009-12-02, 11:35   Link #28
ChronoReverse

@kitten320

That's really stretching for straws in trying to make all the analogies.

Last edited by ChronoReverse; 2009-12-02 at 11:55.
Old 2009-12-02, 17:05   Link #29
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigaldo View Post
brilliant as ever ! I'm just wondering how pride is going to look like afterwards
*Grins to himself*
Old 2009-12-02, 17:32   Link #30
Vicious108

I'm actually surprised at the lack of speculation on Pride's identity by the anime-only watchers. I remember it being a very debated topic while it was still a mistery in the manga.

Then again, Brotherhood did cut his intro scene and didn't even show any silouethe in the scene with Wrath, so I guess they don't have much to go by.
Old 2009-12-02, 18:05   Link #31
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is not the thread to talk about such things.
There is nothing spoilerish about that question. Answer "Yes" or "No" won't reveal anything.

Alright I'll wait till next episode and see Sloth's next powers, although from what I heard... it doesn't suit even more... well will see it on my own and say what I think then.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:42   Link #32
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I like the first sloth much better.... don't like this one, period.

As far as this episode it was nice to see that Ishbaland guy working for such hawt Major (Mira) and they have quite the story

Also the only thing I could say I liked about Sloth is that he appeared in the right place at the right time...kinda to show Mira that despite her tough personality there are beings she can't kill easily no matter how bad ass she may be. Next ep should be interesting now that she knows she can't kill this enemy like the rest, I am itching to see what she will come up with
Old 2009-12-03, 00:07   Link #33
Echoes

I rather liked this Sloth, and I'm sure he'll be even more interesting once we see what else he's capable of.

I'm really loving Mira Armstrong. She's just amazing in every way conceivable.
Old 2009-12-03, 03:26   Link #34
GaimeGuy

What's with people calling her Mira? O_o (yes, I know that her name is Olivia/Olivier Mira Armstrong *doink* )

btw, we've known how sloth looks since episode 14 (specifically, he shows up for an instant on the screen as Lust and Greed are talking. The manga similarly had a panel with Sloth in it, as well.)
Old 2009-12-03, 04:33   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
There is nothing spoilerish about that question. Answer "Yes" or "No" won't reveal anything.
The rules state no talking about future manga events, and that's what it is doing.
Old 2009-12-03, 05:37   Link #36
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Animated Olivier once again proves to be simply awesome, and so does Miles, especially since he's really being voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu, Kazuya Nakai.
What? You mean student B from Yu-Gi-Oh is Miles? And "over 60 extra characters" as Sloth? Unbelievable.

In all seriousness, great episode. The cliffhanger ending is as evil as every chapter of the manga, kudos to the planners (doesn't mean I don't want to kill them for this, but at least they're true to the source material). It seems that Briggs uses gasoline for their tanks, not diesel, which is surprising.
Old 2009-12-03, 17:41   Link #37
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow, that episode felt like it was only five minutes more, can't wait to see the rest of the fight next week.
And I lol'ed when I realized that Miles has Jamie's (from Mythbusters) glasses, I had never seen that design before and now I see it in two different places!
Old 2009-12-03, 19:18   Link #38
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
What's with people calling her Mira? O_o (yes, I know that her name is Olivia/Olivier Mira Armstrong *doink* )
Olivier is the correct spelling. It is written as such in both the manga Character Guide and the Brotherhood eyecatches.
Old 2009-12-03, 19:41   Link #39
GaimeGuy

Well screw that, I'm in the habit of calling her olivia and by god I'm sticking to it! :P
Old 2009-12-03, 19:57   Link #40
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Question,
is episode 34 is the one they goes toward the fortress or after it?