AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 17:15   Link #1061
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Haven't read it yet but I have a question. Did anyone else think the color cover spread with Yui didn't really look like Yabuki drew it? I mean, have her eyes always been orange? Plus her face seemed a little smaller than usual. That or her hair looked bigger.

Of course I'm not an artist so I'm not the best judge, that's just how it looked to me.

Glad to hear there's a good development with her in the chapter though.
It looked normal to me, though I'd chalk it up to the quality of the original scans, and after leveling the colours might not look exact, which is probably why they seem a bit lighter.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:19   Link #1062
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was definitely drawn by Yabuki, no doubt about it. As for why her eyes are a bit brighter than usual, that's because Rito is reflected in them.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:37   Link #1063
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I really like how Yabuki Kentaro's art evolved. It became more and more beautiful than the ones he did in the past. And also I forgot that Saki Hasemi is the one who writes the stories, is it? I like how they are providing Epic Fanservice and Plot at the same time. For a harem manga, this is definitely my Number one right now.
One more thing, they aren't the Bakuman guys, are they?
Old 2011-01-06, 17:37   Link #1064
ForteAnly

Spoiler for Chapter 4:
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:47   Link #1065
paladinenvec

For some reason i like To-Love-Ru darkness more in 4 chapters than 162 from the prequel, indeed this development was huge for Yui( and rito since he accepted he's a little perv) all thanks to Momo , definitely she's evil hehehe, she's my favorite character right now together with Yui, this last was awesome she was blushing and accepting Rito with all her heart (and her awesome body hehe), the fanservice in this episode was pretty good it has not been forced at all and felt so naturally that it take the reader along with the flow so it really feels erotic, Yabuki... thanks! you're superb.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:52   Link #1066
ForteAnly

I thought the same thing. I've enjoyed these 4 chapters more than the entire 162 chapters before it. These latest chapters have been very good compared to some from the first series.
Old 2011-01-06, 18:02   Link #1067
Direwolf18

I definitely agree. I think alot of it has to do with its actually MOVING somewhere. There is a coherent plot that apears like it will go on for a noticeable amount of time. AND at the conclusion there will be real plot development on top of gratuitous amounts of fan service. (Which has been cranked up ALOT) Plus there is the Momo factor. I like Lala and all but she always struck me as, an idiot. Brilliant inventor but she quite literally cant tie her own shoes. (Hence the point of Peke) Momo is definitely an awesome female lead.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 18:10   Link #1068
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yui goodness easily stole the chapter, along with Momo's constant drooling.
Old 2011-01-06, 18:26   Link #1069
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for chapter 4:
Spoiler for chap. 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 4:
Spoiler for chap. 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 4:
Spoiler for chap. 4:

Quote:
That was definitely drawn by Yabuki, no doubt about it. As for why her eyes are a bit brighter than usual, that's because Rito is reflected in them.
Not sure if this was really your intention, but I just gotta say that was real romantic of you to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteAnly View Post
There is one question that has always been bothering me how old is Momo supposed to be?
There's no source material out there yet as to indicate how old either the twins or Yami are. But this question might possibly be answered in the fanbook that's coming out this March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteAnly View Post
I thought the same thing. I've enjoyed these 4 chapters more than the entire 162 chapters before it. These latest chapters have been very good compared to some from the first series.
I think it also has to do with the fact that a series like TLR is just more suited to being in a monthly seinen magazine. Service shots can be upgraded to more mature, sexual content; the longer deadlines give the creators more time to iron out the plot and focus on the superb art; and the risk of over-exposure/same-old tiredness is lessened for the fans because of the 1-month intervals between each chapter.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 18:42   Link #1070
Used Can

Seriously, fuck, this manga is on fire. Only four chapters and the perversion tops, by far, anything the previous manga did. The new leads, in my opinion, move the story much better than the previous ones. And the current plot seems actually intriguing.

10 over fucking 10. I'd give them 20 if I could.
Old 2011-01-06, 18:57   Link #1071
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Seriously, fuck, this manga is on fire. Only four chapters and the perversion tops, by far, anything the previous manga did. The new leads, in my opinion, move the story much better than the previous ones. And the current plot seems actually intriguing.

10 over fucking 10. I'd give them 20 if I could.
yeah I loved momo from the first time I saw her in previous series ^^ now she shows why ^^ im glad that haruna has minimum screen time...since the plot at least moves foward... stuff is happening... its interesting and all thx to disapperance of haruna (who is well plain boring for me ;/ she was allways slowing down the series)

Lala doesnt appear much... well its not bad this way (as she is obsesed with haruna and ritos confesion to her)... since we can focus on other girls finaly... I wonder when momo will try to get Run and Kyoko (she liked rito in previous series... and he was the first guy who saw her totaly naked... yet she mentioned with a blush that he is cute and that she can pass this one like its ok if its him)

so I guess it would be a chain reaction if momo tried to take run into the harem :P Run would learn about harem plan and well mostly she would try to get kyoko in it too xD

simply friends takeing friends in it :P

Lala -> haruna
Nana/yami -> mea
run -> kyoko
haruna -> oshizu (ghost girl)
oshizu -> maybe doc mikado XD
Mea -> her female master XD

and damn cant remember her name... the class rep/popular girl that walks with 2female friends (body guards) (in part1 she had crush on zastin)... well if she goes than those 2female friends will tag along for sure xD

anyway great chapter... and I kinda hope that the perversion level drops a little or place more censored stuff in magazine (uncensored in full volumes) in order to prevent the series from a ban... becouse of too high pervsion level XD (kids read this xd)

anyway Momo is for the win... she is obsesed with rito... I wonder how long can rito hold his purity XD now its not only night attacks... but she acts even in bright daylight....

who could tell what she would do to rito if they were alone xD anyway she can allways use this flower thing on rito in order to help him pass his "no no" barier... show him taht its ok... if the girl wants it its ok as saying no only hurts her...

ehhh she could have used that on lala... to make her go more close to rito... since they dont act like both were engaged at all... they dont hold hands... they dont spend time together and all... like confession never happened >__<

still this manga is momo's :P and well I wonder how long mikan will remain silent... I guess she knows a little bit about momo's plan but she must get more info... still how will she react to the news about harem... and makeing all girls that have feelings for rito happy ^^ I would laught my ass out if she joined momo's plans :P and was helping other girls to express their feelings to rito :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:00   Link #1072
wingman32x

First off, loved the color page. It was awesome.

Lol, I'm starting to like Mea. The way she basically ignored their warnings and even asked Rito to give her a few pointers was awesome. Their reactions were funny. I knew that Momo would discover Yui's feelings pretty much right off the bat. Then again, everybody except Rito knows.

Good to see the principal again. Lol, he looked so damn happy carrying that magazine he found in the trash lol. Yui's dejected face when they reached the playground was cute. Of course, Momo had to meddle.

Yui was freakin awesome this chapter. She freakin nailed it. This chapter reminded me why Yui won by a landslide in my personal rankings for the first series. She was, as Momo accurately put it, on fire this chapter. It also confirmed that Yui's still number one in my book, which I was unsure of since Momo's been awesome lately.

As a Yui fan this was a real treat, and I hope we get more Yui chapters.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:40   Link #1073
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
As a Yui fan this was a real treat, and I hope we get more Yui chapters.
I seconded that.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:44   Link #1074
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 04:
Old 2011-01-06, 20:52   Link #1075
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yep, that's why we need more harem seeker in harem anime/manga. Not just that, the way she's so genre savvy in how to trigger flags (and even how certain things are bound to happen in To-Love-Ru universe), she'd make a good apprentice for Katsuragi Keima. Truly, if there's a girl you want to go first, it's definitely this one, you got many for the price of one

Seriously, with just 4 chapters the development is staggering. Having Rito that can explain the misunderstanding, Yui who accepts it (and even wouldn't mind it)...really great. And that's not out of nowhere too, I think they did a pretty good job in giving it a background, even not forgetting past events. I really hope they won't drop the ball.
Old 2011-01-06, 21:26   Link #1076
Johnny
Working the bags...

Having read it again. Sure enough Yui was game, but the hitch in Momo's harem plan was Yui's "as long as you don't it with any other girl" snag. At least Rito admitted he was interested and didn't pull a Haruto...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:37   Link #1077
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Having read it again. Sure enough Yui was game, but the hitch in Momo's harem plan was Yui's "as long as you don't it with any other girl" snag. At least Rito admitted he was interested and didn't pull a Haruto...
Yep, that was a big step up for Rito. His time with Momo has done wonders to his character so far. Huge step up for Yui, too. I am a bit worried about the pace of the series, though. It's almost going too fast for only 4 chapters in.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:42   Link #1078
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He has to be interested from that vision/dream he had last chapter (Momo giving him service)... just that his sense of virtue is holding him back.

Yui's scene was... HOT. Damn if only this was an eroge... Mea's intervention turned out to be meaningless since Rito couldn't continue anyway. And Lala would have busted that barrier either way...

I would like to see how Momo will try to get Saki into the harem, since she's head over heels for Zastin. I'm not even sure Momo's aware of that tbh.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:58   Link #1079
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Yep, that was a big step up for Rito. His time with Momo has done wonders to his character so far. Huge step up for Yui, too. I am a bit worried about the pace of the series, though. It's almost going too fast for only 4 chapters in.
Don't forget though, 4 chapters in also translates to 4 months in. It IS a monthly series, so our chapters are by default a bit longer and more involved then a weekly or bi-weekly. That being said I don't really feel it has moved to far at all, its really just resetting the old series. I mean sure there is this Mea/Yami plot going on, but as a whole it has been about recasting our old and beloved characters as well as introducing Mea. Beyond her introduction, the only thing that has happened that isn't relationship advancement is Mea's master dispatching someone (some kind of Assassin) to Earth.

Speaking of which, how do you think its gonna play out? I would not mind at all seeing Momo getting pissed and actually throwing down. They have hinted that of the sisters she is the one to truly inherit their fathers strength. Not the, I am a great athlete kinda strength that Lala has, but the I am going to conquer the universe kind.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:58   Link #1080
ForteAnly

I would like for Momo to try and add Saki to the harem but I believe Mikado-sensei would be a better addition to mix things up. Wishful thinking in my part though since I want Mikado-sensei to be caught up in ecchi situations. Whatever Momo does she has my support that's for sure. Direwolf I would love to see Momo throw down her father's strength on the new enemies since we probably won't see that side from Nana or Lala.

Last edited by ForteAnly; 2011-01-09 at 19:50.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen