AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-18, 01:25   Link #101
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I actually think that if Aikawa turned out to be a girl it'd just be a gaint let down, it'd turn this manga into another run of the mill generic romance story. With them both been male it keeps things more interesting and less generic.
And turns it into a shounen-ai, which I don't want. I'd prefer a generic ending, honestly. I dropped No Bra myself as soon as I realized Yuki was a guy (and the male lead was horrible).

And I don't know if Maki and Aikawa will end up together if Aikawa is a guy. Unless Maki's gay (which may be the truth, though from what I've seen, he's attracted to the feminine side of things), it just won't work between then. No matter how feminine Aikawa makes himself appear, if he's got something hanging down there, a straight man isn't going to go for him, despite the way the author seems to portray otherwise.
Old 2010-10-05, 05:40   Link #102
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
And I don't know if Maki and Aikawa will end up together if Aikawa is a guy. Unless Maki's gay (which may be the truth, though from what I've seen, he's attracted to the feminine side of things), it just won't work between then. No matter how feminine Aikawa makes himself appear, if he's got something hanging down there, a straight man isn't going to go for him, despite the way the author seems to portray otherwise.
Sexuality is a spectrum, you realise...

Personally, it's the relationship (and the hijinks involved) I'm interested in here, not Aikawa's seemingly elusive gender. Perhaps Maki is simply Aikawasexual, anyway.
Old 2010-10-28, 08:17   Link #103
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 18:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klg View Post
Ugh. My last hope that Aikawa is actually a girl is slowly being destroyed. I may have to drop this. As a straight, heterosexual male, those are the kinds of stories I prefer. The only thing that's kept me reading this was the small chance Aikawa was lying and the fact that I like the characters themselves.
Isn't it about the journey, not the destination? No offense, but to say you like Aikawa, but allowing his gender to completely influence your decision to keep reading despite the fact that, regardless of which gender s/he is, s/he'll act the exact same way seems....something(the word is escaping me at the moment, but it's certainly not good).
Old 2010-10-28, 09:07   Link #104
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Isn't it about the journey, not the destination? No offense, but to say you like Aikawa, but allowing his gender to completely influence your decision to keep reading despite the fact that, regardless of which gender s/he is, s/he'll act the exact same way seems....something(the word is escaping me at the moment, but it's certainly not good).
"Heterosexual" might be the word you're looking for . . .

Also, Aikawa's a guy. This manga actually points it out a fair amount. Aikawa doesn't even tease about possibly being a girl anymore. It's always, always, always "I'm a guy," or something to that effect. Anyone that believes anything else could be true at this point is delusional. Even the boys in the school at least admit to knowing and not caring . . .
Old 2010-10-28, 10:35   Link #105
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha man do I love that class rep, by far one of the better and more entertaining class rep characters I've seen of late.
I mean she fits into the cliche like a glove and still manages to be rather different from the norm.
The way she handles the gang was great.
And wow did she look rather very very pretty when on the roof with her hair swaying in the wind. I can't quite seem to put it down to sexy or hot, or even beautiful but it's something very close to them if not all of them at the same time.
It's the deadpan nature of her character that throws me off there.

Really hope we see more of her.

God I can already imgaine Arai Satomi a la Hata-chan as her
Old 2010-10-28, 13:33   Link #106
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

More and more I feel it's really hard to resist Aikawa.
I'm liking a boy who looks like the girl, does that make me gay?
Old 2010-10-28, 17:45   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm liking a boy who looks like the girl, does that make me gay?
No it just means you're falling for a trap.

Just started reading this about an hour ago. I actually can't believe i've only just heard of it. Madness, especially seeing as though it has my tastes written all over it.
Old 2010-10-28, 20:19   Link #108
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
"Heterosexual" might be the word you're looking for . . .
More like "homophobic" or "insecure about one's sexuality". Not all of us heteros avoid this kind of manga like the plague in fear that it will somehow magically turn us into homosexuals.
Old 2010-10-28, 22:34   Link #109
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
More like "homophobic" or "insecure about one's sexuality". Not all of us heteros avoid this kind of manga like the plague in fear that it will somehow magically turn us into homosexuals.
I didn't see anything in KLG's posts saying he was worried about turning gay. Maybe I missed it, because that happens way more than I'd like to admit, but the only thing I saw in his post was him stating that he prefers to not read about "traps." There's nothing homophobic about that.

It's like you don't even realize why they're referred to as traps. Straight guys are attracted to their looks, then learn the truth, then aren't interested anymore.

Also, reading about his experience with No Bra as well, it's obvious KLG needs to learn to scan for and avoid genderbending manga. There's no reason in the world to think either of the crossdressers in both of these manga weren't guys once they owned up to it . . .
Old 2010-10-28, 23:16   Link #110
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Straight guys are attracted to their looks, then learn the truth, then aren't interested anymore.
I'm not sure about this part, though.

But honestly, if people hate trap or genderbending that much, why did they keep on reading and force their opinion on others?
Old 2010-10-28, 23:42   Link #111
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:

But honestly, if people hate trap or genderbending that much, why did they keep on reading and force their opinion on others?
Haha, yea, I should have phrased it differently, or at least qualified it, because that makes no sense. xD A lot of straight guys will lose interest in "traps" once they learn or realize they're guys.

Quote:
I think KLG is just a little . . . slow, and delusional. He really likes the characters, but doesn't like the idea of the character being a guy, not that it really matters in a non-hentai manga. We wouldn't know if we weren't told, because the character is able to be drawn like a girl, which is why so many people like traps to begin with. But just because it doesn't matter to me doesn't mean I don't understand why it would matter to other straight guys.
Old 2010-10-29, 12:44   Link #112
Kenn
Stomp

Oh man. That class rep. Dead pan + loose screw? That's a hard combo to beat.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2010-12-06, 07:04   Link #113
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
After reading this manga, my conclusion is this mangaka intend to turn as much normal straight male into gay as possible.

I hope he succeed, so I'll have plenty Homo and Lesbo to kill once my time in this prison over

I'll promote this manga to as much people as possible.....*run outside*
Be Homo, and become my kills, people
Old 2010-12-17, 10:34   Link #114
chachaboru
Banned

i like this shounen ai?? manga
it's so funny and cute!!
Old 2010-12-17, 11:03   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Latest chapter wasn't as good as previous one, though it is nice to see focus other then set on our pair. I'd be surprised if they didn't join the student council now.

Gothic lolita Aikawa, oh my.
Old 2011-02-28, 10:36   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 21:
Old 2011-03-01, 04:15   Link #117
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 21:
They're too cute. I really want to see someone seriously challenge their relationship though. Or maybe have the school clamp down on Aikawa's dress, so people have to defend him, or something.
Old 2011-03-03, 17:18   Link #118
EmotiveChaos
WOW!Scans
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to EmotiveChaos
When I was cleaning the Raw manga, on the sock removal page, I had to stop myself every 5 seconds from asking our TL what was going on <.<

Nice character development in this release :> I'm excited to see where the series will go.
Old 2011-03-29, 16:11   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

An unfinished chapter, but still brilliant.
Spoiler for Episode 22:
Old 2011-03-29, 21:21   Link #120
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

Woah, hold up. Where was I forcing my opinion on others? I merely stated it what I felt and I never once said that others should follow what I believe. That's what forums are about. If that's forcing my opinion on others, then any person who posts here is forcing their opinion on other people. And btw, I don't read it anymore. I wouldn't have even posted here if it wasn't for the following:

Quote:
I think KLG is just a little . . . slow, and delusional. He really likes the characters, but doesn't like the idea of the character being a guy, not that it really matters in a non-hentai manga. We wouldn't know if we weren't told, because the character is able to be drawn like a girl, which is why so many people like traps to begin with. But just because it doesn't matter to me doesn't mean I don't understand why it would matter to other straight guys.
Thanks for the insults, man. That's real big of you. I guess if I'm slow and delusion, that makes you quick to judge and a jerk.

What kept me reading at first is that despite saying Aikawa was a guy, it was kept as a mystery in the beginning, so I kept some hope that he's a girl. Obviously, that's not the case, so I'm not reading anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with traps in stories. There's a lot that I read with them (like Ice Revolution, when it was still around), but I just don't like them when one of them is part of the main couple. Just not what I'm interested in reading.

Quote:
There was absolutely nothing homophobic in what I said. I merely said I don't read gender benders (usually) because I prefer to read about straight couples, as I am a straight man. It's like people who don't play racing games because they just have no interest in them. Doesn't mean they hate racing.

Tags
comedy, shounen