AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 03:43   Link #21
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I think Kyoko will die in HomuHomu's hand.

Before or after Kyoko kill Sayaka, I can't say.
Thats about how I see this going down. If Kyoko goes after Sayaka, itll get Madoka involved and that will tick her off, something I have a feeling she got angry over when she saw Sayaka with the MG-G on.

And as she has been doing this for awhikle(I think she may be many years older than how she loooks) she could probably do it pretty easily, atleast emotionally.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 05:31   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

^_^;

I feel so alone again. Amazing to which different results people can come.

To repeat my prediction:

o Sayaka will be screwed over and dumped by Kamijo

o Feeling crushed and betrayed, Sayaka will refuse to do her MG duties and turn into a witch

o Witch-Sayaka will be killed by Kyoko.

So. If things come to pass like that (I give it 66% probability), then Kyoko has done nothing wrong for which she should be attacked by Madoka or Homura. She's not responsible for Sayaka's fall, and as a MG, it's her duty to kill witches.

(IMHO, this is the function of Kyoko on the Meta-Level: A Sayaka-turned-Witch has to be killed, but not by the hands of Madoka or Homura. Therefore, we need one more MG character to do it)

And I see no point whatsoever in making her a "Mid-Boss" or anything. For what? Revenge? Is that supposed to be what this show is about? Most definitely not. Therefore, I also see no point in having Madoka/Homura trying to kill her or something.

No - I'd rather expect her to become a rogue resource. Long-range prediction: Madoka will try to get along with her, but Kyoko will ridicule Madoka's idealistic-naive ideas. However, somehow at the very end, after a long struggle of Madoka's to convince/befriend Kyoko, she will be instrumental in helping out Madoka/Homura in a critical moment. Entirely against her own selfish convictions. And by doing so, lose her life. So, if she dies, it will be in defense of Madoka/Homura, because Madoka managed to convince her to ignore her selfish ideals for once.

That's how I expect Urobuchi to deal with it, at least
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 05:39   Link #23
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I think that Kyoko will be a tool to show Madoka an MG with perhaps the opposite disposition and character as Mami, and will also be used as a tool to show one MG killing another. Sayaka was already very guarded against Homura--more outwardly aggressive than Mami. I don't think that she will be in a vulnerable position against Kyoko, but rather could take out her frustrations--building since initial hostilities with Homura, and compounded with Mami's death and a possible negative consequence from Kyosuke--on the more selfish MG who is trying to clash with her.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 06:06   Link #24
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I think that Kyoko will be a tool to show Madoka an MG with perhaps the opposite disposition and character as Mami, and will also be used as a tool to show one MG killing another. Sayaka was already very guarded against Homura--more outwardly aggressive than Mami.
Sayaka was always irrationally hostile against Homura to begin with - to the degree that she refuses to even call her by name. I would not list that as any indication of any MG dynamic. So, while I don't want to rule out at all that MGs could fight each other (Mami threatened Homura before, too, so it definitely CAN happen), Sayaka has always hated Homura's guts. Before and after.

Quote:
I don't think that she will be in a vulnerable position against Kyoko, but rather could take out her frustrations--building since initial hostilities with Homura, and compounded with Mami's death and a possible negative consequence from Kyosuke--on the more selfish MG who is trying to clash with her.
Oh, clash they will, I'm sure. And Kyoko will certainly add to Sayaka's fall. But I still think that she won't simply be the killer of another MG. I believe that when Sayaka falls, she will be there to take advantage (and Sayaka's Grief Seed). She won't be a MG murderer.

And in the long run, I expect Kyoko to be the avatar of the selfish disposition. She will rip into Madoka's idealism, badly and painfully. This contest of ideas will be a core theme in the eps to come, I bet.
Old 2011-01-28, 15:01   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh, clash they will, I'm sure. And Kyoko will certainly add to Sayaka's fall. But I still think that she won't simply be the killer of another MG.
The most safe way to attack Sayaka indirectly is through Kyousuke on various ways making him to get away from her.

Quote:
And in the long run, I expect Kyoko to be the avatar of the selfish disposition. She will rip into Madoka's idealism, badly and painfully. This contest of ideas will be a core theme in the eps to come, I bet.
I expect Kyoko to end on self-destruct by her own doings, at the end her plans will collapse over her and highly probable will kill her.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 17:18   Link #26
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You don't need to bet on it, since Urobuchi said that himself.
Old 2011-01-28, 17:58   Link #27
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Sayaka was always irrationally hostile against Homura to begin with - to the degree that she refuses to even call her by name. I would not list that as any indication of any MG dynamic. So, while I don't want to rule out at all that MGs could fight each other (Mami threatened Homura before, too, so it definitely CAN happen), Sayaka has always hated Homura's guts. Before and after.

Oh, clash they will, I'm sure. And Kyoko will certainly add to Sayaka's fall. But I still think that she won't simply be the killer of another MG. I believe that when Sayaka falls, she will be there to take advantage (and Sayaka's Grief Seed). She won't be a MG murderer.

I was mostly replying to the dismissal of Kyoko being a mid-boss. I don't think she'll be such a force causing Madoka more trauma and disillusionment by killing Sayaka as she will contribute to Sayaka's downward spiral by dying at Sayaka's hands.
Old 2011-01-28, 18:29   Link #28
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I was mostly replying to the dismissal of Kyoko being a mid-boss. I don't think she'll be such a force causing Madoka more trauma and disillusionment by killing Sayaka as she will contribute to Sayaka's downward spiral by dying at Sayaka's hands.
Hmmmm okay. 10 hellroasted QB tails on Kyoko killing Sayaka. 5 bonus tails if it happens against Sayaka the witch.

Deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
You don't need to bet on it, since Urobuchi said that himself.
Damn you moonrune-reading folks. That's unfair! *pout*

Last edited by Mentar; 2011-01-28 at 18:32. Reason: collated in order not to further enrage some mods...
Old 2011-01-28, 22:09   Link #29
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Hmmmm okay. 10 hellroasted QB tails on Kyoko killing Sayaka. 5 bonus tails if it happens against Sayaka the witch.

Deal?
K. Since I didn't mention Sayaka-witch, let's split the 10 tails 5:5 if that happens.
Old 2011-01-29, 04:30   Link #30
venk
Agent of Chaos

I bet kyouko for the witch on madoka's dream.

she has perfect personality for witch of destruction.
and, kyouko's MS costumes little bit similar to witch dress on madoka's dream
venk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 05:55   Link #31
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by venk View Post
I bet kyouko for the witch on madoka's dream.

she has perfect personality for witch of destruction.
and, kyouko's MS costumes little bit similar to witch dress on madoka's dream
Nah. You already lost your bet, since that will never happen. :P I personally think entire 'mahou shoujo turning into witch' theory is one of the most unlikely one unless there are more explanation about it. Honestly, I don't want any more explanation for mahou shoujo world, since complexity is poison to good plot-line.

Urobuchi's explanation on Kyoko was in fact 'she is not evil, nor good. She just follows her desire to fulfil her self-satisfaction'. Someone who think the entire thing as a 'game', someone who will become major challenge towards Sayaka. She will be the one who represent 'reality' in this series, not 'evilness'.
Old 2011-01-29, 06:02   Link #32
venk
Agent of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Nah. You already lost your bet, since that will never happen. :P
I'll mark that point
venk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 15:20   Link #33
zato_1one

I've read that Kyoko's seiyuu was the same as Yuno from Hidamari Sketch. But it turned out to be Kafuka from Zetsubou Sensei. Was her seiyuu changed or was it a misinformation from the start?
Old 2011-01-30, 17:45   Link #34
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I've read that Kyoko's seiyuu was the same as Yuno from Hidamari Sketch. But it turned out to be Kafuka from Zetsubou Sensei. Was her seiyuu changed or was it a misinformation from the start?
Misinformation. Sakura Kyoko is Ai Nonaka and she has never played a role in Hidemari Sketch. There was never any information about a VA change.
Old 2011-01-31, 11:06   Link #35
svld

Quote:

Deal?
( ‿‿) :
How about Kyouko defeat Sayaka without killing her directly and take over the area then Sayaka turned witch due to Kamijou/no recharge/both/whatever?
If you win, since I have no ten tails, I'll grant you one wish the same way I did those MSs. On the other hand, if I win, you contract with me.

Deal?

Last edited by svld; 2011-01-31 at 11:18.
svld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 11:12   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Urobuchi's explanation on Kyoko was in fact 'she is not evil, nor good. She just follows her desire to fulfil her self-satisfaction'. Someone who think the entire thing as a 'game', someone who will become major challenge towards Sayaka. She will be the one who represent 'reality' in this series, not 'evilness'.
Neutral chaotic huh? Those are always tons of fun.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:40   Link #37
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Neutral chaotic huh? Those are always tons of fun.
more like Batshit insane then Neutral Chaotic is you ask me...

Lets face it she's cool in a crazy kind of way I do have to give the props for calling Sayaka out on all that hero of justice stuff
Old 2011-02-03, 23:18   Link #38
fukarming

Any speculation on what Kyoko wish for when she turned MG? Since she is always eating I speculate she wish to "never be hungry again".
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 23:22   Link #39
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Any speculation on what Kyoko wish for when she turned MG? Since she is always eating I speculate she wish to "never be hungry again".
LOL! I just had visuals of Stella form gone with the wind!

Though seriously maybe she did grow up on the streets and was orphaned or something after all must of her magic seem to have something to do with food. That and she seems to always be stuffing her face with treats.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:09   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Maybe she wished for someone she disliked to die. Certainly doesn't seem like a very cheerful sort. At the very least doesn't seem to care about the lives of others so doubt the wish was for someone else. Though her love of food might make you think about growing up on the streets and always wanting a meal.

Tags
characters