AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-11-14, 10:30   Link #21
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Internet Limbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's pretty hard core. Especially the third arc. There's no way I could keep sanity in his shoes, absolutely no way.

This isn't your average "hero saves the day with his uber OP superpower so everyone can ride his dick" novel, thank god.
Nope, the author will make him suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, then suffer more until he finally finds a way to make everything click together.
I assumed as much...

His "gift" is like that of an immortal, therefore the story will most definitely show it several times throughout in as many possible (and usually painful) ways.

Hmm, so I guess the main girl is aware of his power? He must have kept on rambling like a crazy person every loop then. It is an interesting take on uncontrolled "save points" and it's very negative aspects.
__________________
I hate <Past Me> and <Future Me>. <Past Me> is an idiot. <Future Me> is a know-it-all. <Present Me> though is quite alright.
___________________
一夫多妻去勢拳ユーザー
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 10:40   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I assumed as much...

His "gift" is like that of an immortal, therefore the story will most definitely show it several times throughout in as many possible (and usually painful) ways.

Hmm, so I guess the main girl is aware of his power? He must have kept on rambling like a crazy person every loop then. It is an interesting take on uncontrolled "save points" and it's very negative aspects.
He can't.
Spoiler:

Even when people blame him for making a choice that seems bad from their POV he can't even give out the reason, so this really torments him. You won't come across a character that he can share his secret until waaaaay later.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2014-11-14 at 14:29.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 11:18   Link #23
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Internet Limbo
Oh, I guess so far the whole light novel is basically the MCs personal express pain train of BAD ENDs. Good to know.

Color me intrigued...
__________________
I hate <Past Me> and <Future Me>. <Past Me> is an idiot. <Future Me> is a know-it-all. <Present Me> though is quite alright.
___________________
一夫多妻去勢拳ユーザー
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 14:07   Link #24
Silentwolfie
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quite frankly I pondered on

 だが、それでも――、

「俺が、必ず――」

 ――お前を、救ってみせる。

for quite some time.

A) He didn't know he was going to have the revival powers the very first time.
B) Yet he still said "I will definitely save you".

I honestly think there's some subtle meaning to it, and it's more romantic to think that he acknowledges he's going to die without saving her, but says these lines in the hopes of saving her anyway because he wants it that much.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 23:44   Link #25
Karoshi
Forgetful Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cloud Nine
First chapter of the manga adaption got translated. Guess I gotta release the translations faster.
Karoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 08:01   Link #26
Silentwolfie
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cm...inichi+Hen.rar

I uploaded my own version about 2 days ago which contains ch 1 and ch 3, a mistake that I made was thinking the protagonist bought apples, but he didn't buy it at all. (I replaced that error.) If there are any other areas anyone wants to point out, they can reply to me and I'll change it.

The mistake in question まさかリンゴ買えんとは should actually be (まさかリンゴ買えないとは) after considering the context, I'm bad at this when the characters speak informally.

After comparing my own version with the one time-scans, I can't say I like their version because they omit details, made some TL errors as well and the treatment is kind of sloppy for a series that I really think is good.

Edit: Another mistake I found, I wrote amateur in one of the bad guy's bubbles, but googling it further reveals that it's 尼 (Original meaning is "Nun", but the explanation offered from the net is that this word has a relevance/resemblance to "Woman"), and so クソ Shit(ty) + アマ (Nun) = What the heck is with this woman (angry).

Basically クソアマ = shitty bitch. ~_~ Oops such a big boo boo.

「クソアマ」の「アマ」の部分は、女性をののしって言う言葉です。もとは「尼」でしたが、この意味では「女 」とも書くようです。「クソ」もののしる言葉ですから、結局「クソアマ」とは「なんだこの女(怒)」みたい な意味ですかね。

Last edited by Silentwolfie; 2014-11-17 at 10:35.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 17:33   Link #27
lancelot1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Hey saw your post here and thought I should mention this. It seems one time scans say in their website that this is a version 1 of the manga and they are planning to release a v2 soon with a better quality in the pr etc. It seems like it cause in their credits they don't have a quality check so it seems they released it in a hurry.

My guess is that they wanted to do a fast release in fear someone else might pick it up and they would release normally after that. At least thats what I am guessing..their other projects seem of good quality they did accel world and their spin offs.
lancelot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 05:48   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Just read the 1st chapter of the manga. Looks interesting.
Can't wait for the 2nd chapter.
__________________
MrTerrorist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 08:51   Link #29
The One Above God
Kamijou
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: I'm Everywhere
So...then it's similar to NT9 with a LOT more detail, huh? I can already feel pity towards the MC.(just read the first chapter of Manga)
__________________

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:24   Link #30
sasuke706
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I can already feel pity towards the MC.
He gets into a lot of shit moments that he really doesn't deserve, but a lot of others are his own damn fault and stupidity.
Spoiler for :
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:48   Link #31
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Slice of life? Harem? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Slice of limbs, guts, gizzards, legs, sanity, and insane amounts of blood maybe.

Oh boy, your imagination is far from what this novel is actually like.
It's pretty hard core. Especially the third arc. There's no way I could keep sanity in his shoes, absolutely no way.

This isn't your average "hero saves the day with his uber OP superpower so everyone can ride his dick" novel, thank god.
Nope, the author will make him suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, then suffer more until he finally finds a way to make everything click together.
It's more like Okabe from Steins;gate, just 10x more sadistically written.
Spoiler for Reaction:


This sounds absolutely wonderful.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 06:42   Link #32
suiken
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Stumbled in the manga recently so I checked this out. Seems interesting. I'm always in for a Steins; Gate plot.

Last edited by suiken; 2014-12-06 at 06:53.
suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 10:31   Link #33
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 27
Just saw the manga awhile ago and it's really a pleasure to see this title at this media format.
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature: 僕は友達が少ない
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 13:40   Link #34
Karoshi
Forgetful Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cloud Nine
A quick notification that chapter 1 translations of the novel will be delayed due to finals.
Karoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 17:34   Link #35
Lord C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfie View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cm...inichi+Hen.rar

I uploaded my own version about 2 days ago which contains ch 1 and ch 3, a mistake that I made was thinking the protagonist bought apples, but he didn't buy it at all. (I replaced that error.) If there are any other areas anyone wants to point out, they can reply to me and I'll change it.

The mistake in question まさかリンゴ買えんとは should actually be (まさかリンゴ買えないとは) after considering the context, I'm bad at this when the characters speak informally.

After comparing my own version with the one time-scans, I can't say I like their version because they omit details, made some TL errors as well and the treatment is kind of sloppy for a series that I really think is good.

Edit: Another mistake I found, I wrote amateur in one of the bad guy's bubbles, but googling it further reveals that it's 尼 (Original meaning is "Nun", but the explanation offered from the net is that this word has a relevance/resemblance to "Woman"), and so クソ Shit(ty) + アマ (Nun) = What the heck is with this woman (angry).

Basically クソアマ = shitty bitch. ~_~ Oops such a big boo boo.

「クソアマ」の「アマ」の部分は、女性をののしって言う言葉です。もとは「尼」でしたが、この意味では「女 」とも書くようです。「クソ」もののしる言葉ですから、結局「クソアマ」とは「なんだこの女(怒)」みたい な意味ですかね。
My like, take it
__________________
Lord C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 00:22   Link #36
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Where's my despair? I WAS PROMISED DESPAIR!!!!!
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 01:31   Link #37
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoshi View Post
A quick notification that chapter 1 translations of the novel will be delayed due to finals.
It's alright just take your time.... btw thanks for the effort you are giving.
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature: 僕は友達が少ない
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 10:27   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
So chapter 2 of the manga came out.
Can't wait to see the duo's journey to the Ghetto.
__________________
MrTerrorist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 16:45   Link #39
Jorna
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Can I ask a link to read the translated version of this series?
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 16:56   Link #40
Amario
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Is this still being translated? if not and there is a translator who wishes to pick this up, I can provide the raw novel scans (volume 1-5+)

I may just release the scans at some point if I am bothered. ^_^
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternate world, magic, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.