AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-23, 20:53   Link #1
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
KeinikuSuki's End All(?), "My Codecs are Screwed Up" Guide

This guide is meant a last resort!
This guide has the same effect on your media files as reinstalling Windows!
(I.E. You tried uninstalling your codec packs manually and reinstalling, but it still doesn't work)

If you're fed up with codec problems and are considering a reinstallation of Windows, this guide is for you!

Note: This Guide only works for the Windows Family of Operating Systems. (Note: This Guide does not work on NT 4.0)
It will absolutly positively work on 99% of all codec incompatibilites.

Step 1, Download ZoomPlayer Professional.
This program is packaged in a Nullsoft Installation System so it should be pretty straight forward to install.
Step 2, Start ZoomPlayer.
Point to your start menu and choose Programs > Zoom Player > Zoom Player Professional.
Step 3, Bypass their incredibly annoying trail message.
Wait 3 seconds and press the appropriate number button.
Step 4, Open the Options Menu.
Press Ctrl+O to open the options menu.
Step 5, Switch to Advanced Mode.
Click the "Advanced Mode" Button.

Step 6, Choose "Filter Control".
Click "Filter Control" on left side of the window.

Step 7, Choose "Registered Filter Manager".
Click "Registered Filter Manager" on the bottom right.
Step 8, Select all the filters.
Click the first entry in the list, then hold your shift key and hit the end key.

Step 9, Select "Unregister Filter(s)".
Click "Unregister Filters(s)".
Step 10, Press Enter.
You probably cannot see it, but way down in the dialog box that popped up there is an OK button, press enter to select OK.

Step 11, Close ZoomPlayer.
If you dont know how to exit a program, you may be in over your head.
Step 12, Re-register the Defualt Windows Filters.
Download this .bat file (by right clicking it and selecting "Save As"). Double click the file to run it. Here are the contents of the .bat file if they mean anything to you:

Step 13, Install ffdshow-alpha.
This is a self-extracting installer, so installation should be straight forward.
Step 14, Continue Installation of your required codecs using the Media Configuration Guide.

Note: You will need to reinstall Quicktime and Real Media if you had them installed.

This document contains 88.7 kBs of images, sorry 56ker's! I tried to make [/SPOILER] tags work, but there's just something seriously screwed up with this post... oh well.

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-27 at 00:00.
Old 2004-07-25, 21:41   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Wow, know you got your own guide! That means you are as cool as me now (I was so tempted to quote the whole guide but the thing called maturity got the better of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
This document contains 88.7 kBs of images, sorry 56ker's! I tried to make [/SPOILER] tags work, but there's just something seriously screwed up with this post... oh well.
Not that that would have mattered since the images are downloaded regardless if they are in a spoiler tag or not. Common misconception I guess.
Old 2004-07-26, 23:38   Link #3
Imazul

I dont think ripping the guide (even tough it alot better explained) but more improtantly ripping the bat file and takign credit was a good idea.

at least link to the site or something
Old 2004-07-26, 23:58   Link #4
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
I dont think ripping the guide (even tough it alot better explained)
Yes, it is much better explained, thank you.

Quote:
but more improtantly ripping the bat file and takign credit was a good idea.
Never in the course of the guide did I claim any of the items used in the guide were in fact created by me in any way shape or fashion. Not only that, but I did in fact edit the .bat file to make it work better (thanks NightWish). The list of DirectShow elemets that come pre-installed is avalible on the DirectShow SDK website. Borrowing theirs seemed like a better idea than typing them. I fail to see the problem.

Next thing I know, you'll be complaining I wrote a guide on how to encode with a filter I didnt write nor give the website for!

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-27 at 01:35.
Old 2004-07-27, 00:51   Link #5
Imazul

Whatever man, im sick of people like you that cant take a little critics

OMFG is it so hard to link the website you adapted your guide from, hell

And btw great work on the bat file!!!! I cant believe you edit that!!! Wow must has been really tough removing the NT part.

Gosh if you cant take even basic critics than youre better off not doing anything at all. Gosh, all I said was to link the original website you took the idea from but no, youre not liek that no, you had to act like a complete retard and write a bunch of crap to express your little self, you are pityfull.
Old 2004-07-27, 01:15   Link #6
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

*Zips up kevlar anti-flame suit*

Quote:
Gosh, all I said was to link the original website you took the idea from but no
Actually... it's kind of embarassing... I just couldn't find it agian, so if you wouldnt mind... you could tell me and I'll be happy to add it.
Old 2004-07-28, 02:36   Link #7
EvilDarknessLord

hey i have a little question if u dont mind me asking...

wat exactly did i unregister using the zoomplayer? i unregistered everyhting and dled the .bat file and followed everything in the guide, but before i installed any codecs i checked my media and everyhtign was exactly the same (except for the list in zoomplayer, theres nothing left for me to unregister again). i still have all the codecs and my windows media player, real player, and divx was still there (im not sure if they were suppose to). did i do something wrong?!?! or did the guide already served its purpose with me not knowing it?
Old 2004-07-28, 08:40   Link #8
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDarknessLord
did i do something wrong?!?! or did the guide already served its purpose with me not knowing it?
It doesnt actually uninstall any programs you have; instead it simply removes the instructions on how to use the files you have installed. For example, you likely had the file "xvidcore.dll" installed in your C:\Windows\system32\ folder. This file is part of the Xvid codec. The guide didn't delete the file (go look, it's still there); however, the next time your system goes to render an Xvid file, your computer won't know how to load xvidcore.dll.

The reason this guide is usefull, is because often after installing many codecs, multiple filters will be applied to the same rendering job. Here are some pictures from the Microsoft Developer Network.

Here's what it's supposed to look like.

As you can see, in the first picture, the Xvid file is being decoded with the Divx decoder. Furthermore, it has an extra AVI Decoder filter stuck on the end. The second picture shows what you want, Xvid being decoded with ffdshow and going directly to the render.

In other words, yes the unregister did its job.

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-28 at 11:46.
Old 2004-07-28, 13:34   Link #9
EvilDarknessLord

ooo that explains a lot thx... but im still a little confused.

so this thing unregisters all the codecs right? so, after following ur guide after i finished dling the .bat file, that means i have the default codecs (or something like that) right? so would i have to reinstall (or reregister or watever its called) all the codecs i liked that werent in the default thingy?

and im not really sure wats the .bat file is for. if it is the default thingy, after running it, should there be anything on the zoomplayer list (the list in step 8) to unregister (mine is still blank)?

o and also, the guide said that i have to reinstall real player, but mines worked just fine. unless theres something wrong that i hadnt noticed yet...(i kno this isnt ur guide, but im just wondering why they said that.)

P.S.:
"Step 3, Bypass their incredibly annoying trail message.
Wait 3 seconds and press the appropriate number button."

i didnt think it was annoying... but fun! i tried that message over and over again, seeing how fast i can press the right number. i dunno bout u, but i liked it.
Old 2004-07-28, 15:21   Link #10
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Quote:
and im not really sure wats the .bat file is for. if it is the default thingy, after running it, should there be anything on the zoomplayer list (the list in step 8) to unregister (mine is still blank)?
You'll need to download the .bat file again and run it. There is now a dialog box that confirms a sucsessful registration. Apparently, the old one did not work on all versions of Windows (ops ).

Quote:
the guide said that i have to reinstall real player, but mines worked just fine. unless theres something wrong that i hadnt noticed yet...(i kno this isnt ur guide, but im just wondering why they said that.)
I just added that to be on the safe side; I guess Real Media Files dont rely on DirectShow filters.

P.S.: It is my guide, I wrote it and made the pictures myself. I did however use the original .bat file from the Zoomplayer Website (where ever that is, I still can't find that specific page).

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-28 at 20:11.
Old 2004-07-28, 19:50   Link #11
EvilDarknessLord

alrite thx for everything that guide helped a bunch

p.s.: o sry i thought i read somewhere that it wasnt ur guide... it was in a first-perspective message (meaning it uses the word me, i, etc..) so i guess it was some1 else posting it and i mixed up the names, heh...
anyways, that was a great guide! it helped me alot!
Old 2004-08-02, 04:11   Link #12
LS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
... I did however use the original .bat file from the Zoomplayer Website (where ever that is, I still can't find that specific page).
it's only two clicks away from the main zoom player site...
http://www.inmatrix.com/articles/mediasetup3.shtml
Old 2004-08-11, 11:10   Link #13
evirob

Quote:
Step 13, Install ffdshow-alpha.
This is a self-extracting installer, so installation should be straight forward.
for the ffdshow-alpha, can i install the new ffdshow-20040806.exe instead of that old one?
Old 2004-08-11, 20:07   Link #14
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

You're welcome to install any version of ffdshow you'd like. They all work more or less the same, although I'm sure some people would love to disagree.
Old 2004-11-07, 23:04   Link #15
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
After doing this I can no longer play wmv files, whats going on?

PowerDVD my DVD playing software also isnt working? Holy crap how do I fix this?

Last edited by 音楽は死んだ; 2004-11-08 at 01:25.