AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-31, 12:17   Link #4761
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

To be fair, Sun was rushing in to warn Blake about a potential White Fang threat, which turned out to be 100% justified.

He just had the terrible timing of interrupting family bonding time.
Old 2016-12-31, 12:23   Link #4762
RDNexus

RT seems to be really playing around (or screwing around) with Sun... Poor guy...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 14:26   Link #4763
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Episode 8
  • The backstory lore felt disjointed and I am not sure how it fits into anything at all.
  • They went the most predictable route with Qrow. Let's just hope this FINALLY gives development to Ruby
  • They find new ways EVERY EPISODE to make Sun into even more unlikeable asshole. Let's just hope this won't end up with Sun being painted as "in the right". Oh gods I hope not. Apart from the photo of the mask this episode there's ZERO things he did right so far. ZERO.
  • So they did indeed shift Blake from being a righteous and poor person fighting for what is right to an entitled and spoiled princess throwing a fuss running from home to join the terrorist group. Well congrats on trivialiing Blake's inner conflict in Vol1 to 3 and making it VERY hard to like her now...why show, why. Don't try fixing what was not broken.

I don't think it was about "not being a time" but more like Raven explicitly indicated to Qrow to keep his mouth shut about the rest of things.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 17:28   Link #4764
tuckersister

Qrow's last line for the episode is "How unfortunate." which is consequently related to his Aura.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 19:18   Link #4765
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Fukou da?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 23:18   Link #4766
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Episode 7 was pretty interesting. Definitely looking forward to finding out more about the kid and Ozpin. I liked Ozpin cracking a few dry jokes in the situation.

That's interesting that Winter essentially "ran away" to the military, which is not an unknown thing in the real world, but in this case is an extremely high-profile means of "running away." Kinda like joining the circus, I guess...

Definitely one of the better fight scenes in a while.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 01:57   Link #4767
Tormenk

So if Qrow's semblance is bad luck, he can turn into a crow because he's an Animagus? I expect the real reason is an innate trait to his tribe since Raven can shape-shift as well.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 04:51   Link #4768
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Also during some portion of the fight Qrow's eyes began to glow.
Old 2017-01-01, 11:54   Link #4769
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Qrow's semblance is causing bad luck to anyone around him. This explains his behavior and how almost everyone who talks to him (Glynda, Ironwood, Pyrrha, Winter, Raven and Jaune) instantly dislikes him. Heck, i don't even blame Jaune and Ruby for being mad at him for not telling the truth and making excuses rather than apologize. This might also explains why he's single. lol

I think Blake went overboard with Sun. A slap is fine but slapping him twice, throwing away his phone and listening to his explanation is too much.
Old 2017-01-01, 13:36   Link #4770
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

There's nothing overboard with what she did. Sun deserved far worse. Any competent female with way less patience than Blake would have thrown his ass overboard the moment he revealed his stalker-y ass in the ship.
A slap or two for ruining a family moment by doing some gross eavesdropping is very small thing compared to what Blake is in the right to say and do for his behavior.

I saw a lot of people being horrified that Blake "dared" to hit Sun all over the internet. Which I guess highlights the issue with misogyny in the fandom, where Sun's actions are automatically excused while Blake's VERY JUSTIFIED behavior is suddenly not okay. I mean we saw it before with some parts of fandom trying to ignore the abuse Weiss suffered "in order to give Jacques and Whitley a chance", but this is whole new level of whyyyyyy.
Old 2017-01-01, 14:12   Link #4771
RDNexus

And there you go again... Mysogyny? Dear goodness...
Sun's carefree and careless atitude aren't motive for him to deserve being treated the way you want him to be.
That time, in a sense, yes, he may have deserved the slap.
You seem to forget that Blake acts like a lone wolf and his presence may actually help her to break the ice and decide to become a better person.
Then she may remember she has a friend in need of her support and return to where Yang is. And the team gets back together, long the way.
If Sun, along the way, becomes more tactful of his surroundings, that's a whole other point RT could look at
Old 2017-01-01, 19:03   Link #4772
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

He deserved worse for all he did. Blake has all the rights to fight back against his behavior like that.
  • He Stalked her for months.
  • He insulted her and disrespected her agency multiple times.
  • He implied she is useless without him.
  • He constructed his own delusional idea of Blake's motives that did not fit reality.
  • He literally invited himself in into her journey.
  • He invited himself in into her HOME.
  • He eavesdropped on her having a private conversation with her father and interrupted it.

If anything this shows that Blake is out-growing the schoolgirl crush stuff and is seeing more and more of Sun's negative frightening sides she does not like.

By standing up against Sun she is essentially taking steps to eventually stand up against Adam as both of them represent two opposite definitions of denial of agency.

Frankly a lot of what Sun is doing feels out of character even for his kind of "Idiot ball" kind of premise that Sun's character ran on since introduction. I can only hope he can learn his lesson and grow as character instead of staying like this.

Either way The vitriol-filled hatred against Blake that fandom is displaying just because finaly stood up for her self is ridiculous.
Then again this IS the same fandom who claimed Weiss is just imagining the abuse from Jacques and tried to paint him as caring stressed father EVEN LAST WEEK.
The very same fandom who literally would attack anyone who dared to even claim that Whitley is evil.
The very same fandom who still has people who defend ADAM.

Its horrifying to watch and read stuff like that.
Old 2017-01-01, 19:30   Link #4773
RDNexus

That fandom, I agree, is acting stupid.
Weiss always showed being at odds with her father, both him and Whitley have been portrayed as anything but good-willed and Adam has always been shown as an antagonist.

But you're overdramatizing Sun's character, when all I see from him is funny scenes that make Blake cringe, at best. She's a serious type who doesn't react the best way to a goof like him, that's all.
I think you're the one who hates Sun, because he's getting in the way of your Queerbait Blake-Yang Thing, and you want RT to remove him from scene ASAP.
Old 2017-01-01, 21:47   Link #4774
XFire
150% done

This is the awkward part where we tell you that you're part of that fandom, Dresden.

You've been raging at Sun for weeks because you think he's getting in the way of your apparent OTP. And it sounds like your the only one seeing this in that way.
Old 2017-01-01, 22:01   Link #4775
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

"Mysogynists" and "SJWs" are sides of the same coin more alike than they realize.

On the bright side their appearance means RWBY is now mainstream!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 22:53   Link #4776
XFire
150% done

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, anyone still defending Adam has a couple screws loose.

But when the same issue triggers you every episode, it might mean you just don't like the show.
Old 2017-01-02, 06:58   Link #4777
Twi

Rude or not, Blake has been actively hitting him and getting violent. We get on Papa Schnee for that kind of crap, and I've dropped shows because of that sort of thing. If she wants to tell him to leave then she has that right, but the moment you resort to hitting someone who won't hit back, you've crossed a line.

Not to mention the left-field on her past this season. I always assumed she was poor but well-read and thus fought for their rights from how she talked to Weiss initially and how her weapon seemed like a mishmash of two different types. That island is supposed to be cramped, but she has a freaking mansion. Even if she ran away, that doesn't change that much.
Old 2017-01-02, 11:32   Link #4778
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

But Sun does not understand words. He does not take NO for an answer. She ALREADY told him in the boat and yet he keeps violating her privacy.

Its completely different from Jacques situation. In that situation Weiss is Blake and Weiss has absolute right to beat her father's ass up for his behavior. Its called fighting for your agency. Claiming this is abusive is no different than claiming Blake would have no right to hit or attack Adam as a defense.

Remnant has no restraining orders or "cops" like our world. Its a technologically advanced world but its still medieval in a lot of ways like society. There's no other way for Blake to protect her agency and privacy.
Old 2017-01-02, 11:40   Link #4779
XFire
150% done

-> Comparing Sun to Adam

Old 2017-01-02, 13:16   Link #4780
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Claiming this is abusive is no different than claiming Blake would have no right to hit or attack Adam as a defense.
You're comparing Sun to Adam?

Adam was abusive and actively tried to kill her. Sun may be a pest, but he's been nothing but helpful when needed. Adam she had to run from because she couldn't beat him. Sun, she regularly overpowers.

Hitting someone who hits you in defense is fine, but last I checked Sun hasn't hit her or even threatened her. Yes, violating her privacy is wrong and he deserves a stern warning or even being forced to leave. But outright slapping him multiple times is pressing it.

If she really wants him gone, show him the door. But don't go around using him as a punching bag.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby