AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 00:36   Link #13761
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Ehem, I'd hate to spoil the party, but things on the raws scan side of life are not looking so good.

http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/360
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59936

This forum page has to be viewed via google translate as it's all in french:
Ritual Scan Forge (simplified translator url link)
This is the forum attached to Raw Paradise, which no longer exists. Looks like raws are gonna be gotten via underhanded means like before from now on because the lazier Japanese readers keep nabbing the raws meant for international translation for themselves and not supporting the manga authors.

Looks like we can expect delays.
Old 2010-04-21, 02:12   Link #13762
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Didn't they know that if it wasn't for scans the western fanbase would be even smaller. Wonder if it will affect even the the Korean comics? Just read Veritas it's pretty badass.

This isn't gonna change anything, it's like the same thing as musicians asking for people to stop downloading music in converted mp3/mp4 format. >_>

It will return I tell ya. THEY ALWAYS DO!
Old 2010-04-21, 04:27   Link #13763
Tri-ring

I would like to make one thing clear concerning loyalty paid to the authors.

The author does not receive a nickel above the fixed amount for the magazines that are published on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis.
The author only receives loyalty of 90 yen(minimum) per tankobo(volume) actually sold to individual readers and all tankobo not sold are returned to publisher from the book store due to "Saihan" system giving full control of pricing of books to the publisher to maintain an oligopoly in a shady area within Japanese business practice.

A famous manga author, unlike musicians who requires cooperation from various studio operators and such, can create and finish the work with his staff(which are hired and payed by the author within the present system) and would probably make more money publishing his manga digitally via Apple store of a dollar a chapter.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 05:20   Link #13764
Arturro

Copy-paste myself from another thread:

I suppose people working in Suesha and RIAA, with exception of a few fanatics, are well aware that piracy is increasing their sales. Yes, piracy is increasing sales, it was already proved by scientists, and it's happening because of reasons mentioned in this thread already - piracy is the cheapest (completely free) method of advertising. So why they're "fighting with piracy"? Because of 3 reasons: they're members of corporation, they're publishers and because it's very profitable.

How it could be profitable? RIAA and others companies like them are sending to people warning where they write something like: Pay us ..... $/Euros/etc. or we will sue you. Most of people are paying, those tributes, combined, is a large sum of money. RIAA is paying this money to publishers, but of course after taking their share

Peoples working for corporation don't use common logic, but "corporation logic". They're not working for common goal, corporations profit etc, but they're working like "corporation ... bible" demands. Because some time ago, when Internet appeared, most of creators of corporation rules decided that piracy is bad and must be destroyed. In corporation people are not allowed to think for himself (unless it's required by corporation set of rules and only in described bounds), including most CEOs, so they're fighting with piracy. They're rewarded when they fight with piracy and punished if they don't. We also need to remember that after closing such page like raw paradise, for a short time, sales are increasing, and no one really cares what will happen in long run. There are exceptions, of course, like Microsoft... Few years ago in Poland Microsoft encouraged police (Microsoft was sponsoring police...) to start large scale operation against piracy. At first they were targeting companies, and it worked (for Microsoft) well. In next step they started to target students, lots of thorough searches of students dorms happened. To my surprise someone in Microsoft noticed that instead of increasing sales after a few months of this policy sales dropped. Students didn't bought legal windows, they started to use Linux. It was like a nightmare for Microsoft - companies are buying Windows and Office because it's cheaper to buy it than to teach people how to use Linux. But when workers already know how to use Linux, there is no reason to use Windows (unless company needs some programs available only with Windows). Now Microsoft is giving Windows to students for free.

Third reason why they're fighting with piracy is because they're publishers. Publishers are intermediaries between authors and buyers. They're giving moneys to authors (regardless if this is manga, games, books, music etc.), advertise their products and organize sales. As a rule publishers earns more than authors, add that traditional distribution methods are expensive (sometimes distribution cost is more than 50% of ending price), authors earns, at best, 20% of price paid by buyers. Internet is crushing this. Distribution is cheap (nothing to produce, nothing to transport, no need for shops and salesman, you have to pay only for hosting and Internet shop - much cheaper than traditional). Advertising is cheaper than in traditional media, and if you know how to use piracy for advertising - it's free. And most importantly -it's possible for authors to sell their product directly or semi directly. There is no place for publishers in Internet era, they're aware of it, so they're fighting with piracy with all their might - they need to if they want to survive (IMHO they won't).

@Tri-ring - I wonder why mangaka won't do it already, at least those publishing seinen/josei/hentai manga (older people are more willing to pay for things avaliable in Internet "for free"). Is it because being published in magazine is such good way to advertise their manga, or because mentioned oligopoly of publishers have their ways to discourage mangaka from being independent? (It's a rhetoric question )

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 06:01   Link #13765
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

What about us willing to pat for licensed versions?
oh wait...we'll get Abominable Snow Girl and Koko's from professional translators.... >_>
Old 2010-04-21, 07:09   Link #13766
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Would You Guys Still Say Those Words Knowing That's A TRAP?
considering it was obvious? and gender had no issue in my post, that song is easy to play a guitar to or base.
Old 2010-04-21, 07:15   Link #13767
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's just an edit for the lulz. That image was from the training arc where Ruby first took Tsukune to the chairman's private dimension.
I'm Shirou. I knew Tsukune didn't say that, not to mention I can tell it was edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
What about us willing to pat for licensed versions?
oh wait...we'll get Abominable Snow Girl and Koko's from professional translators.... >_>
Right? If they did a better job, they may sell more.

But digital is the way to go. I'd sell mag subscription - you can log on and read any series from that magazine that is in serialization, which have not been released as tanks. I say this because if you buy the mag itself, you can go back and read it. And it would have to be a flash based proprietary plug in (and controlled downloads onto mobile devices) so as to prevent pirating. And subscriber's would get discounts on tanks of the series being published. If only I had enough money to start something like this.
Old 2010-04-21, 07:26   Link #13768
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
...But digital is the way to go. I'd sell mag subscription - you can log on and read any series from that magazine that is in serialization, which have not been released as tanks. I say this because if you buy the mag itself, you can go back and read it. And it would have to be a flash based proprietary plug in (and controlled downloads onto mobile devices) so as to prevent pirating. And subscriber's would get discounts on tanks of the series being published. If only I had enough money to start something like this. ...
Money is not a problem. Law and publishers policy is. You need licence for each country you want to sell yours products. Or you have to buy manga/music/etc. directly from author (and so became a publisher).

Old 2010-04-21, 07:28   Link #13769
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Money is not a problem. Law and publishers policy is. You need licence for each country you want to sell yours products. Or you have to buy manga/music/etc. directly from author (and so became a publisher).
I need money to start a business, don't I?
Old 2010-04-21, 08:01   Link #13770
Arturro

Quote:
I need money to start a business, don't I?
Not really. I've started my buisness without any, and now I'm employing 6 people, myself excluded. There is a lots of ways to found money for buisness, including creating money from thin air (I'm serious). You just need knowledge, skill, determination, credibility and some luck. Just need to remember that 2/3 of new companies went bancrupt in first year, only a few survive longer than 3 years.

Old 2010-04-21, 13:13   Link #13771
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I wouldn't be too worried. We've had crackdowns like this before, and while it certainly changes things, things get running again after a few months or so

it just means that we'll have to be patient (and hey, we've survived a two month break before... I'm sure we can handle delays)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 13:57   Link #13772
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Not really. I've started my buisness without any, and now I'm employing 6 people, myself excluded. There is a lots of ways to found money for buisness, including creating money from thin air (I'm serious). You just need knowledge, skill, determination, credibility and some luck. Just need to remember that 2/3 of new companies went bancrupt in first year, only a few survive longer than 3 years.
I suppose so. It'd still be next to impossible anyway, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I wouldn't be too worried. We've had crackdowns like this before, and while it certainly changes things, things get running again after a few months or so

it just means that we'll have to be patient (and hey, we've survived a two month break before... I'm sure we can handle delays)
We sure do survive...going on the wildest tangents.
Old 2010-04-21, 20:34   Link #13773
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping

Quote:
We sure do survive...going on the wildest tangents.
Like talking about spikey fruit that smell really bad.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:09   Link #13774
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I've seen far, far worse in this thread... we were on an extremely ecchi tangent a while back. Now THAT was interesting (not saying we need to go there again!)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:10   Link #13775
kakajd

im pretty new to this, ive read quite a bit of posts and still not quite sure whats going on

will we be able to keep getting new chaptes online translated, just started watching the anime a week ago and now ive got up to date with the manga, really like this manga so could someone simplify how long the wait could be for the next chapter/s, thanks.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:18   Link #13776
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
im pretty new to this, ive read quite a bit of posts and still not quite sure whats going on

will we be able to keep getting new chaptes online translated, just started watching the anime a week ago and now ive got up to date with the manga, really like this manga so could someone simplify how long the wait could be for the next chapter/s, thanks.
Techincally new chapter's are being released in the first week of the new month ( This month it's going to be 1-7 May ), but since there has been a lot of crackdown's on distribution sites, the next chapter might be a little delayed, but usually the chapter comes out in the next week of the new month ( 8-15 May) so you have to be a bit more patient .
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:44   Link #13777
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post

The manga are monthly releases a chapter. We usually get the translation within a week or two of the release.

Just keep in mind that the anime is basically one giant Omake, you'll enjoy it better
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 14:31   Link #13778
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Too bad that I won't be able to see my lovely lady Moka in that Lum Lum oni suit in anime glory...

And considering how quickly the translators are keeping up nowadays with some manga, we really don't have to wait all that long. I mean, look at how quickly R+V has gotten to SII already.
Old 2010-04-22, 14:36   Link #13779
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'd imagine that by the end of the year the U.S release of R+V will catch up with Japan.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 15:19   Link #13780
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'd imagine that by the end of the year the U.S release of R+V will catch up with Japan.
I doubt that as the next volume of the season 2 in North America is August.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire