AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-01-08, 12:08   Link #10481
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Sorry, what?
Uhmm, Kira's go-to weapon in close-combat has always been a single beam saber, that didn't really change much when he started piloting Strike Freedom.
The stock footage was him only drawing one, but Kira would dual wield once in awhile when he actually had his battles animated. (In the first battle of Orb, against Providence in Meteor, against Calamity, against Athrun in Destiny, and finally against Destroy). Kira just held back from doing this frequently, because he'd have to drop his shield to use both hands, leaving him with nothing to block with.

With SF this is no longer an issue because his beam shields are built into the hands, so he can freely use both sabers. He just only does this against Shinn (and a few times against Zaft grunts in Orb) because that's the one fight SF gets that's not mostly stock footage (ie, Kira's draw one saber and fly at the screen shot that's used like 100 times) and because SF barely gets any fight time before the show is over.

In all of its game appearances and in most official art of it, SF dual wields.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 12:10   Link #10482
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I mean Freedom vs Saviour
Kira used dual saber
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And I really don't like how ->Huh? I used all my MS power while enemy still have it? Self-destruction button = so I win!
I said "go-to" weapon, as in what Kira uses most often during battles. We see Kira combining his beam sabers against Providence for one final charge, but he never does that again. It's like saying that Shinn has a fighting style with Destiny's beam sabers since he used it against IJ, but no. Shinn's go-to weapon has always been the AVS, after getting Destiny.

I guess it's irrelevant either way. I mean, IJ's shield has a built-in beam saber, but you don't see Athrun dual-wielding with it(or any of IJ's beam sabers, really)every chance he got.

Last edited by Yesman; 2014-01-08 at 12:27.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 12:47   Link #10483
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
I said "go-to" weapon, as in what Kira uses most often during battles. We see Kira combining his beam sabers against Providence for one final charge, but he never does that again. It's like saying that Shinn has a fighting style with Destiny's beam sabers since he used it against IJ, but no. Shinn's go-to weapon has always been the AVS, after getting Destiny.

I guess it's irrelevant either way. I mean, IJ's shield has a built-in beam saber, but you don't see Athrun dual-wielding with it(or any of IJ's beam sabers, really)every chance he got.
Kira though did have an impressive showing on his melee skills from the get-go going back on the first SEED series. Dismantle a GINN? using those knife-things and then using the sword pack effectively after that (I know he used the launcher before that but he end up blowing a hole onto the colony). Kira also likes quick slashing strikes mostly but he's not overly a close combat type of person at all. Overall I'll say Kira uses his MS to it's full potential, just like how athrun uses his. Shin though, not so much. I'll give credit to him though on his record using impluse. Hes score on freedom is mighty impressive.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 14:29   Link #10484
Gundamx

Quote:

isn't that because he have 2 beam saber and one free hand?
+
Kira used dual before his fight with shin and like we said -> the reason he don't used it a lot in Freedom because he need to sacrifice his shield while he can do that without losing it in Strike Freedom.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 23:13   Link #10485
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
One retreats, one doesn't. I think that is a win.

Wasn't this because Rey told Shinn that he had to restock on his weapons, unless it was retconned again?
Old 2014-01-09, 23:23   Link #10486
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Wasn't this because Rey told Shinn that he had to restock on his weapons, unless it was retconned again?
Yes. But Rey said he needed to restock if he wanted to win. Rey convinced Shinn that continuing that fight was a lost cause and Shinn ran away.
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 23:32   Link #10487
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Yes. But Rey said he needed to restock if he wanted to win. Rey convinced Shinn that continuing that fight was a lost cause and Shinn ran away.
I would not call that running away, thats a tactical retreat

Running away is pissing your pants in the middle of combat and fleeing without anyone having to tell you anything
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 23:38   Link #10488
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Destiny is at the disadvantage at that time with only range weapons against strike freedom hence Rey asked Shinn to rearm & fight again
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 00:01   Link #10489
monster

Episode is out, and once again, Shinn and Rey mostly took their turn attacking Kira with ranged weaponry. It's no wonder that Kira doesn't get hit, especially with the availability of the beam shield.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 00:12   Link #10490
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
  • SEEDed Shinn (in Destiny) fought SEEDed Kira (in SFreedom) to a draw(?)
Only technically. It was more like a lion that was toying with it's food rather than trying to eat it. lol
Old 2014-01-10, 00:23   Link #10491
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Only technically. It was more like a lion that was toying with it's food rather than trying to eat it. lol
And then the lion found out that the food can fight back and limped away bloody.
Old 2014-01-10, 02:32   Link #10492
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
isn't that because he have 2 beam saber and one free hand?
+
Yup. He probably did that out of desperation. Irrelevant though, since Kira never did it again.

Quote:
Kira used dual before his fight with shin and like we said -> the reason he don't used it a lot in Freedom because he need to sacrifice his shield while he can do that without losing it in Strike Freedom.
Like I said, Kira always favored using one beam saber, that didn't change, as shown in this week's episode, only using a single beam saber against Legend.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 09:00   Link #10493
Raso

New episode of the HD is out, I didn't notice a single new or changed scenes.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 10:36   Link #10494
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I would not call that running away, thats a tactical retreat

Running away is pissing your pants in the middle of combat and fleeing without anyone having to tell you anything
Semantics. He left because he couldn't win. That's a loss.
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 15:17   Link #10495
quagmire

You know, Kira is a horrible boyfriend. Launches and does all that fancy maneuvering all while having Lacus standing in the cockpit with him.

Clearly, he is trying to impress her of his manliness all the while risking injuring her if she happened to slip, etc.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 15:20   Link #10496
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
You know, Kira is a horrible boyfriend. Launches and does all that fancy maneuvering all while having Lacus standing in the cockpit with him.

Clearly, he is trying to impress her of his manliness all the while risking injuring her if she happened to slip, etc.
Don't worry, if she slips, it'll be onto his waiting arms.
Old 2014-01-10, 15:25   Link #10497
S.Freedom

So what are you saying Deadpool.

That Shin should have remained on the battlefield and either run out of power and fallen into the ocean or be chopped up by Kira?

As for ep42. Meh, it still annoys me that Luna couldn't hit the shuttle. Though no new or altered scenes doesn't bother me so much. As aside from Luna's attempt on the shuttle there wasn't really much that could have been altered.

I'm more hopeful but skeptical that they're planning to use the remainder of the budget on making the final battle more awesome than it was.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 16:31   Link #10498
weirdguy

How was there no new scenes? I'm pretty sure that some of the scenes were redone.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 18:07   Link #10499
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
How was there no new scenes? I'm pretty sure that some of the scenes were redone.
Pretty sure they were SE scenes.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 18:23   Link #10500
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
Pretty sure they were SE scenes.
Honestly, at this point in time, I don't exactly remember scenes used in SE versions...
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep