AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-13, 12:37   Link #1261
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok, you don't determine whether or not a show is serious from its design, you determine whether it's serious by how its characters act and what the general atmosphere of the show is. And if the atmosphere does not match the aesthetic, people tend to dislike it. You can't just say "This is obviously not a serious show because of how the mechs are designed", that's not how this works.

The characters seriously respond to serious situations the way serious characters would. The overall atmosphere is that of a show that's trying to be serious while at the same time be riddled with random fanservice and moe mechs. It doesn't bug me all that much anymore, but I will not blame people for being turned off.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 13:18   Link #1262
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ok, you don't determine whether or not a show is serious from its design, you determine whether it's serious by how its characters act and what the general atmosphere of the show is. And if the atmosphere does not match the aesthetic, people tend to dislike it. You can't just say "This is obviously not a serious show because of how the mechs are designed", that's not how this works.

The characters seriously respond to serious situations the way serious characters would. The overall atmosphere is that of a show that's trying to be serious while at the same time be riddled with random fanservice and moe mechs. It doesn't bug me all that much anymore, but I will not blame people for being turned off.
it's not about "character design" it's about how plot is design, if a serie design a moe mecha which act silly and does look silly and you have in the plot peoples driving that moe mechas by controlling girls butt and have "slime acid cloth monsters attack girls in front of guys" and others "plot characteristics" this does show "where the anime is going to", then peoples come and start a blood bath and comparing it with "serious shows just because they are also mecha and this show does some "fanservice in the sense of mirror some scenes from that shows, just because of that is the problem, following that logic if i put characters using let's say vibrators as weapons and acting all serious and "cool", you gonna still claim this serie is to "take serious", by that standart then hentai kame is a super serious serie, because all the cahracters act "serious" and all, or even pokemon and basically every serie with characters acting "serious" we must automatically call it serious" for "peter sake".

As i told at last for me i still don't get that "serious some peoples are getting" so far i'm still see this serie as the same as i was seeying kill la kill and others series like that, with some serious moments but nothing to go full "body count" blood bath and dark tone as some peoples are really seeying, i'm really very over the wall on that, only when i really see peoples starting to die and shit going to happen which i really gonna say "yeah" this serie is serious" and dark as others wanted but so far while it is not the most light serie for sure and i'm expectating some drama and probably really few deaths( read deaths as "important characters not random or unknown or really not important background or civillian character damage) then i will not really take that on that serious levels.

The risk of deaths is here, and probably someone gonna die and maybe some plot twistes here and there but nothing to put it on "high dark levels" at last not for me until i see that happening.
Old 2018-03-13, 13:59   Link #1263
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think you understand. The aesthetics and premise are ridiculous, but the narrative itself is presented completely seriously. You cannot deny this.

That's why people get dissonant because what they see and what they are being told do not match.

Even if it were supposed to be a zany wacky comedy show, it fails spectacularly at being one because nobody ever really does anything funny.
Old 2018-03-13, 14:25   Link #1264
Tormenk

Instead of the usual routine of life-or-death fights to determine the fate of the world and a hunky-dory peaceful life outside of those situations that's usually presented in other shows, imo the daily lives of Hiro and his fellow teammates feels more dreadful than the fight in the klaxosaurs. They're not fully in the know of their own situation as (most likely disposable) soldiers yet are left to grasp with growing up and along aside others by themselves, they have to work together or die off one by one.

I think the design of the Franxx being what they are and how they are depicted as being dynamic, anthropomorphic and perhaps even joyful is a deliberate choice to contrast against how the squad of plant 13 spend their time. I don't think it's often a scenario like this plays out but of course Darling in the Franxx is barely at the half-way point and the whole show can take a different direction later on.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 17:15   Link #1265
Blueknight78

Quote:
I don't think you understand. The aesthetics and premise are ridiculous, but the narrative itself is presented completely seriously. You cannot deny this.

That's why people get dissonant because what they see and what they are being told do not match.

Even if it were supposed to be a zany wacky comedy show, it fails spectacularly at being one because nobody ever really does anything funny.
ok, i'm not saying which this show is a full joke/parody, it's just not that "dark as some peoples are expectating" so far based on some "expeculations and discuss on this forum this serie was supposed to be on attack on titan level of of gore and drama, because we get a lot of "peoples expendables" being kiled for nothing" and clones and a lot of very dread theory, i'm not saying which is wrong do that, but most of them when you look at the show you can't really see them happening on it based on what it was showed so far, i'm not saying which nothing dark gonna happen but "not on the level" of some peoples.

About the "narrative" what is the narrative so far???? so far the show is about the "youngs grown" not about the klaxs and all danger, that is the problem, the show is using them as a "excuse to talk about the "puberty", what means grow, stop being a kid and turn in a adult, they are just using a "mecha vs monster scenario to do that, but the narrative so far is pretty much that, maybe later it can change and they focus more on monsters and all dark but so far the narrative is not really what peoples are getting at last not what i see in many youtubes channels and videos which actually proper talk about what the serie is really presenting, when i go to youtube reviews them look to all "dark theories here" it's almost like i'm seeying 2 different series, in one they are talking about the grown of being a kid to a adult then in the "forum discuss about how many peoples gonna die, how much dark this serie is "supposed to be".

that is why so far the serie is really doing a good job, because it is really doing what they wanted to do so far.
Old 2018-03-13, 19:58   Link #1266
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

We're in a post apocalyptic world where child soldiers are being conditioned to fight giant monsters to protect people they don't even know.... How is that not dark?
Old 2018-03-13, 20:06   Link #1267
Blueknight78

Quote:
We're in a post apocalyptic world where child soldiers are being conditioned to fight giant monsters to protect people they don't even know.... How is that not dark?
not to the point of "gore" and blood bath and all crazy peoples are expectating, again if we follow that line a lot of series could be considered dark, because it's about "childrens" protecting others from monsters" sometimes in apocalpse others no, what is matter to make it really "dark" is the execution" not exactly the "setup", i can setup something like that and make a very silly and childsh serie and still being childrens protecting others from monster in a apocalipse and bla bla bla and still being "childshi, for me what is matter is "how they want to execute, if they do in a way i can understand, for me don't matter if is "gore and dark" as long it match what they want to pass and it work inside the universe i'm fine.

I'm not saying which this serie is perfect and a master piece but so far it's doing it job for me, which is trying to use that setup world to make a "parallel about grown up" which is so far the "focus of the show", so far the "fighting monsters to protect strangers is just a "stage" to pass that and for me is working, it can change later ofcourse but so far it's doing what it wanted.

Maybe later on second core things can get more serious and finally all the "blood bath" peoples are asking can come but so far the serie focus is that.
Old 2018-03-13, 20:21   Link #1268
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why does everyone in the world have different interpretations of the phrase "dark"? This is really confusing.

In fact, blood and gore equaling dark is a new one. Where did that come from?
Old 2018-03-13, 20:34   Link #1269
Blueknight78

Quote:
Why does everyone in the world have different interpretations of the phrase "dark"? This is really confusing.

In fact, blood and gore equaling dark is a new one. Where did that come from?
i'm talk about how some peoples talk here about "waiting the blood bath start and all.

but about "dark" we have many levels of "dark", you know, dark is also not a "absolute" term it's just means "dark" but how "how much "dark", that is the problem, peoples seen to look at this serie being "more dark" than it really is and that is the problem

While i can understand all that "unknow" since the serie was new and all no source and peoples have 0 knowledge about the serie", but now we are like 8 or 9 episodes it was more than enough to set the serie mod and "how much dark it is currently", maybe it can be more dark later but for now it is not "too dark as peoples are wanting to be

Being "dark don't automatically means which this serie will be all serious as some peoples want.
is better now ofr you??.
Old 2018-03-13, 20:55   Link #1270
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Seems the manga version is a bit different than anime version , what give ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 22:29   Link #1271
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Seems the manga version is a bit different than anime version , what give ?
Because the writer for the manga most likely has the whole story and putting it in a better story telling way. Plus there was rumor going around the many a version is considered the true version
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 13:30   Link #1272
EroKing
Version 6.9

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-03-15, 05:26   Link #1273
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Preview is up on twitter .
Old 2018-03-15, 08:59   Link #1274
Funkatron
King of the Castle

Episode 10 preview
Spoiler for Translation for episode 10 preview:

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 08:47   Link #1275
EroKing
Version 6.9

Old 2018-03-16, 12:53   Link #1276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I miss the red suit. Zero Two doesn't look as good in white.
Old 2018-03-16, 12:58   Link #1277
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

A Zorome-focused episode, eh? Not too interested to be honest. Hope it turns out okay.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 15:55   Link #1278
Twi

Quick, watch it before Youtube tries to take it down like Episode 8:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-03-16, 18:53   Link #1279
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Youtube copyright rule is a bit weird if you ask me, i wonder why It were taken down .
Old 2018-03-16, 20:10   Link #1280
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Youtube copyright rule is a bit weird
Understatement of the year.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote