AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-29, 12:55   Link #3481
Cosmic Eagle
……『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
The Klaxx princess did say the masked APE dudes were "fake humans". But it could be a translation problem with the subs i watched since no one mentioned this. If it's right, it kinda goes along with the theory of APE being something more than what we got so far.
She said 人間に成りすますね meaning to pose as human so your subs are fine. But that would have been clear regardless seeing how she said it after checking out the fat APE's empty remnants

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:02   Link #3482
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Klaxosaur having XX chromosomes isn't that big a deal.
Food for thought, what if Klax ONLY have the xx chromosome? I can almost hear people thinking "Heresy!". But there is an example in real life in modern times:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...h-mutant-clone

So maybe the Klax are all female human mutants that eat magma and were created by APE but escaped their control. Then maybe Zero Two is another mutation created by Franxx and can breed instead of cloning herself. So maybe we will get an ending where everybody dies but Hiro and Zero Two so they become humanity 2.0 adam and eve.

Another mystery is who made the picture book for Zero Two, neither franxx nor klax-loli seem logical choices.

No one has mention that next week we wll have another non episode.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:36   Link #3483
Nymene

Guys, would you like it if Ichigo ends up falling in love with Hiro's best friend Goro ?

I do, as if it happens so, it would be a "Girl that once had a crush or obsession on the protagonist in the end accepting that the MC only likes the other girl, so in the end she settled for romance with the MC's best friend instead" Trope, or summarized to, "Crush ends up with MC's best friend" Trope. This Trope has been used in the Visual Novel, "Ef the first tale" where a girl who has long had a crush on one guy ends up with his best friend in the end.

So would you like if this show follows that Trope and Ichigo becomes a couple with Goro ? Or do you prefer to ship Ichigo with Ikuno ?
Nymene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 15:58   Link #3484
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Guys, would you like it if Ichigo ends up falling in love with Hiro's best friend Goro ?

I do, as if it happens so, it would be a "Girl that once had a crush or obsession on the protagonist in the end accepting that the MC only likes the other girl, so in the end she settled for romance with the MC's best friend instead" Trope, or summarized to, "Crush ends up with MC's best friend" Trope. This Trope has been used in the Visual Novel, "Ef the first tale" where a girl who has long had a crush on one guy ends up with his best friend in the end.

So would you like if this show follows that Trope and Ichigo becomes a couple with Goro ? Or do you prefer to ship Ichigo with Ikuno ?
To be fair, I'm more concerned about the execution itself. Both pairings can be done in a rather tacky and heavy handed way, which I hope we'll be spared of
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 16:12   Link #3485
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I was just pointing out that being called scientists in that context meant very little.

My guess is that APE was made up of a mix of humans and something else and I would not be surprised at some or all of them being scientists of some sort.

Actually we may end up with a Dr. Hell(APE) vs an even more amoral Juzo Kabuto(Dr.Frank) situation.
Yeah, the "Dr. Hell" scenario is good because that will still make the APEs actual scientists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Eh, I actually think one shouldn't have to be consulting some resource or person to decide if a work makes any sense to them or not.
Exactly my point but, as you can see, the other party insisted for sources, so I simply gave them.
Old 2018-05-29, 16:51   Link #3486
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Fun fact: not every animal species has an X/Y chromosomal basis for sex determination. For example, in birds we have females that are ZW and males that are ZZ, and sex is determined by egg, not sperm. In ants things are even weirder:

https://phys.org/news/2015-11-sex-ants.html

Though the record for outright craziness might go, as it often does, to the platypus, aka the result of that one time evolution passed out drunk on the couch:

So yeah. He said XX chromosomes and specifically said they're human chromosomes. Which again is a callback to EVA, where the Angels had human DNA (because they were alternative versions of humanity or something).
Ah so the fact that they even have XX chromosomes hints strongly at a human connection. Interesting. I still don't know what to make of that but there is likely more to APE than being a mere clandestine scientific organization. The common thoery seems to be that APE originated from the same ancient society as the Klaxosaurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Actually we may end up with a Dr. Hell(APE) vs an even more amoral Juzo Kabuto(Dr.Frank) situation.
So evils scientists vs amoral scientists. Poor scientists, no ethical role models in sight.

Quote:
I'll second that its all about the execution. I'm more interested in if Miko and Zorome are even going to admit they like each other. lol I'm not even sure all the kids are going to survive till the end.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-05-29 at 17:21.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 20:01   Link #3487
Guido
Idol Dead

After watching episodes 18 and 19, I can only hope that APE gets obliterated at or near the end, although the writers could potentially pull out a facepalm on the audience killing Papa and the Council in an anti-climatic fashion.

Of the outcomes:
1. In the second-to-last or the last episode, Squad 13 destroys APE in a final gamble for freedom and survival. Although at this point we do not know how powerful Hringhorni will turn out to be once deployed from space, we can only bet our two cents that Hiro and Zero Two piloting Strelizia Red Lobster form, with their power of love, will be more than a match to decimate APE's titan, ark ship.

2. A sudden development would be the Nines betraying and killing Papa and the Council setting them up as the final bosses for the show's endgame. However, for that path to be feasible the Nines would need moving under their own agenda driven by very concrete goals and strong motivations.

3. The expected and predicted route would be APE HQ's and all their members destroyed by Klaxx-hime launching the most massive, klaxosaur armada of worldwide proportions nothing seen as of yet.

BTW, I'm pretty sure someone before connected all the dots, after watching episode 19, as to the full revelation on Zero Twos' origins:
At this point, we all know the part of hers that's klaxosaur came from being cloned from Klaxx-hime's genetic material. That is the hair sample that the young Dr. Franxx successfully snatched from Klaxx-hime without the latter ever realizing it.

Now, as from whom Zero Two's human part comes from:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 20:53   Link #3488
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Now, as from whom Zero Two's human part comes from:
Spoiler:
good theory this make sense and match with that other "theory:
Spoiler:

this is a theory which i see circling around the internet
Old 2018-05-29, 20:55   Link #3489
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Both ships have sunk so no need to bring them up. If you want another torpedo into Goro x Ichigo, Goro developed child fever, so he's going to be toast soon anyways.
Old 2018-05-30, 07:44   Link #3490
Guido
Idol Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Both ships have sunk so no need to bring them up. If you want another torpedo into Goro x Ichigo, Goro developed child fever, so he's going to be toast soon anyways.
Well, if you recall episode 18, Zero Two has that haunting hallucination about all the Stamens she sucked dry in the past before realizing Hiro as her true darling.

We the audience were not supposed to care in anyway for such trivial characters whose role was intended to be just fodder for Zero Two, no pun intended.

After truly apologizing to Squad 13 in episode 16 but before she had that hallucination, Zero Two came to terms with herself as well as what she did in the past; what's done can't be undone and that remorse matter ship sank into the depths.

Nevertheless, the anime staff rose that "ship" from the watery depth whether be that Zero's Two conscience, coming from her human part, started to awaken or being Klaxx-hime's doing a mental synchronization to agitate Zero Two as punishment for past transgressions against klaxxosaurkind, so as to give sort of tension or gravity to Zero Two's current situation as a character.

My point is if the anime staff actually brings again past or forgotten topics (or characters) in this show, that the audience clearly overlooked or did not care so much about in the begining, for the sake of further character development or raising new tension on said character's current situation, then it is natural the fans wil want to raise again discussion on other topics that supposedly have been resolved before.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 20:45   Link #3491
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Since they are the lead characters, I think it should have been Hiro/Zero Two that slept together in Epi. 17 before Kokoro/Mitsuru did. I think it's implied the former couple may have done that.

I like how Zero Two and Ichigo not only resemble the respective characters Lala and Haruna, but they also the opposite of what the latter characters would act.

One thing I find humorous is even though Hiro rejected Ichigo, Matt "Hiro" Shipman has been dating Brittany "Ichigo" Lauda for over 7 years.
Old 2018-05-30, 21:15   Link #3492
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Since they are the lead characters, I think it should have been Hiro/Zero Two that slept together in Epi. 17 before Kokoro/Mitsuru did.
That would have dispelled/proven one of the mysteries of Zero Two; she is not human and has said she can't procreate, is that a notion papa told her or maybe the blue blood inside hiro can create the miracle? We would know since they would no doubt Ranxx or APE would run tests on her to make sure after Zero Two popped Hiro's cherry >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 08:30   Link #3493
Funkatron
King of the Castle

Late to the game but I have a theory on the state of magma energy I've been forming in my head since the last episode:

Spoiler for Magma Energy, Earth and Klaxosaurs:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 08:40   Link #3494
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Late to the game but I have a theory on the state of magma energy I've been forming in my head since the last episode:

Yeah, that's pretty obviously it. Well, at least this part would be inspired by Gunbuster rather than EVA .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 09:13   Link #3495
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
good theory this make sense and match with that other "theory:
Spoiler:

this is a theory which i see circling around the internet
Spoiler for spoiler:
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 10:44   Link #3496
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post

Yeah, thats the Final Fantasy 7 theory of DinF. Seems to work but well have to wait to see if its true.
Old 2018-05-31, 11:29   Link #3497
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
well iot can go weird cuz
Spoiler:
Old 2018-05-31, 12:26   Link #3498
G0rd0

quick question someone said we wont have a new episode this week is that true
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 12:45   Link #3499
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0rd0 View Post
quick question someone said we wont have a new episode this week is that true
Yes. This week the show is airing another making of special. Next episode is next week.
Old 2018-05-31, 15:50   Link #3500
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
That would have dispelled/proven one of the mysteries of Zero Two; she is not human and has said she can't procreate, is that a notion papa told her or maybe the blue blood inside hiro can create the miracle? We would know since they would no doubt Ranxx or APE would run tests on her to make sure after Zero Two popped Hiro's cherry >_<
It was proven that Hiro and Zero Two got their memories back despite the APE leaders claiming such a thing couldn't happen to Kokoro/Mitsuru. Obviously, I don't buy that claim and believe these two 2 will remember each other. Similarly, I think it is possible Zero Two and Hiro's love for each other could bypass that procreation barrier and let Zero Two get pregnant. Even if that didn't happen, I would have liked to see Zero Two/Hiro at least bang each other. By this, I am talking a "Shinmai"-style (anime version) love scene.