AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-15, 01:44   Link #1
sasuke706

Yondome wa Iyana Shi Zokusei Majutsushi

四度目は嫌な死属性魔術師 (Yondome wa Iyana Shi Zokusei Majutsushi)
Translation: The Death Attribute Mage Who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time
Author: Densuke (デンスケ)
Artist: Ban! (ばん!)

Summary:
Quote:
The Protagonist is unlucky. His life is misfortune after misfortune, and it ended with him unluckily dying on a school boat trip accident trying to save a girl he barely knew. After death, he met a god of reincarnation who requested the 100 or so dead passengers—one of them was the girl he tried to save in vain—to reincarnate to another world to help develop it, and he would give them additional Fate and powers.
Yet the protagonist's portion was carelessly given to someone who happened to have a similar name, and the protagonist was forced to reincarnate with only even worse luck than before and a tremendous amount of mana, where he only led a far worse life than his first and died yet again, by the hands of his fellow reincarnated students.
However, he was informed by the god after death that he and the rest of the reincarnated people are set to reincarnated yet a third time, in an even more undeveloped world. But the god didn't want the protagonist to reincarnate again, yet couldn't stop what was already in motion so he cursed the protagonist before he was reborn so that he would hopefully quickly die or commit suicide.

Not wanting to go through a fourth life, the protagonist is determined to live in this third life with the only parting gifts from his his previous life, Death Magic and his tremendous amount of mana, reborn as a half vampire, half dark elf dhampir.
Spoiler for FAQ:

Spoiler for Random maybe spoilery notes:

Author updates this series every four days with good length chapters, and will often update sooner than that, although his updates are always scheduled.

I've been debating making a thread for this for a while and decided to just do it.
The series has a pretty good passage of time; it won't try to cram a year's worth of evens into less than a week and keeps the time skips in moderation.
The writing's overall good, the characters are interesting and well written, it has a good pace, good update rate, and I just overall really enjoy the story.
I could easily see this getting published at some point.

Translation.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-12-02 at 03:21.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 01:52   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Non virgins? wut? majikayo...

btw, isn't 四度目 reads as Yondome?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 01:56   Link #3
sasuke706

Is it? I always thought of it as a 4/death pun thing, seeing as he also updates every four days.
Although it probably is yondome.
Old 2016-02-15, 01:57   Link #4
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

I'm pretty sure it's yondome. The thread title really threw me off at first until I saw the kanji.
Old 2016-02-15, 02:07   Link #5
sasuke706

Alright, will see about getting fixed.

Also, Hentaiga, you shouldn't focus on virgins too much.
While getting someone's virginity is special and all, it also means they have no sex experience and probably won't have all that great of a time.

I don't know how many series I've read where the protagonist is obsessed with making sure a slave they buy is a virgin or not, with that being the deciding factor 99% of the time.
Granted most of these kinds of series won't even write the scenario of the protagonist finding a slave girl who isn't a virgin for some reason. It's always the first shop they visit has the perfect buy kind of thing.
Old 2016-02-15, 02:19   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But there's one problem with the non-virgin setting, and this problem is rampant on almost all novel with non-virgins

That problem is... despite being non-virgin, nothing be said about her previous partners

It's very rare or never that her previous lovers appear and make trouble for MC and the gang

There's also a heroine who is very hard to be conquered, said to be impenetrable, yet a non-virgin. So who was her previous lover that managed to get her first? Never mentioned. Also after conquered by the MC she acts like a virgin anyway.

So what's the point in making the heroines non-virgins when it doesn't contribute anything to the story? Pointless. Just make them all virgins beside MILFs.
Old 2016-02-15, 02:31   Link #7
sasuke706

Oh, the previous partners thing gets covered, and with no drama at that, so don't worry.
It actually ties heavily into cultural differences which I at least found pretty interesting.

And asking what the point of having a non-virgin is just means you're obsessed with them being virgins in the first place.
Being a virgin doesn't contribute anything either, really. It's the same thing.
I actually know a few people who consider virgins to be boring and find women who aren't to be more attractive; it's just that kind of thing.
Besides, most of them are milfs, in a way. Just not the typical 'ara ara' kind of milf that most people would think of.
Old 2016-02-15, 02:36   Link #8
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Err... I actually want to see the drama -__-

Usually despite being non-virgins, they don't love their previous partners... that's stupid

The best thing is like that in Neta Chara where the succubus doesn't want MC to die like her previous lover
Old 2016-02-15, 02:47   Link #9
sasuke706

Unfortunately or not, this isn't a series that really focuses on romance heavily enough for there to be drama.
It's not like there's no romance aspects at all; it's just the focus is on basically everything else and the romance that there is is handled more maturely and briefly rather than emotionally. If that makes sense.

And you can't really expect a kid not even 10 years old to be seriously romancing adult women.
Not that certain series don't do that, like a certain milk demon one.

But if you like fantasy, adventure and protagonists with a few (hundred) screws loose, this is a wonderful series for you.
Old 2016-02-15, 02:50   Link #10
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Oh... well... here lemme add the shota tags for you
Old 2016-02-15, 03:25   Link #11
cabman11

The Virginity part fundamentally doesn't matter seeing as how some of them are literally decades to hundreds of years older than him.
And also in the ghoul society they don't have a concept of marriage and it's actually pretty hard for them to make children so it's very common for things like orgies and partner sharing.( but they don't usually have "life partners" and are really open with each other so basically ntr doesn't exist for them)
Old 2016-02-15, 03:57   Link #12
rantaid

nah... i think i got what wuhugm trying to say. it is not about the hymen things or because it is tighter. it was for more practical things.

in literature, virginity often used to symbolize innocence, adolescent, and fidelity (not about the amount of experience point in sex things). for those who love romance literature/story it used as spice that the character (usually male and female) are meant for each other and their love is pure and untainted (from flesh things and lustful desire).

in my personal opinion, the virginity is technically important for the dramatic effect when the girl is stolen/netorared (either by blackmail or unconsensual relationship), because the resistance from the girl can be emphatized by the reader to greater effect if the girl is portrayed as virgin (easy way for less experienced writer to portray a character as pure)

though of course the presence of hymen to symbolize those things sounds unorthodox. what if the girl has intact hymen but she used to fellatio enjou kosai? japanese only penalized underage sex (which involves copulation) but i heard they don't penalized fellatio.... (damn.... if only tokyo is not expensive...) . beside corpse (whether they are undead or nosferatu) of course they are not outfitted with hymen. it is technical things. right after 12 hour of rigor mortis did not the flesh started to decompose?

hymen where located around cervix which count among intestines, uterus and internal organ which rot easier than other muscular flesh... i would not be surprised if a died virgin cadaver upon closer inspection would become a technical non virgin because the hymen already got decomposed after rigor mortis. it just common sense.

except maybe with formaline.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 04:09   Link #13
cabman11

Well then...... it's a good thing that fundamentally not that big of an issue to care about in this novel by the MC or anyone else for that matter.
It's also good thing that there's actually a social reason too.

Except for Burger japanese purityfag.

I can still remember the rage kannagi fans had at the slightest thought and implication that their goddess might have had a boyfriend before the MC
Old 2016-02-15, 04:43   Link #14
Krunk

This sounds like a really interesting premise. I love stories when it focuses on the darker races, and from your synopsis, it seems like it's all very well thought out.

Can you give a summary of what's happened so far? I'm kind of surprised that we're getting city management here.

And can you also explain the whole magic system? It pretty unconventional that the MC starts off with death magic that's apparently low offense!
Krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 05:07   Link #15
cabman11

The best magic actually comes from what he learned in origin. And it has all the versatility
Old 2016-02-15, 05:17   Link #16
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
nah... i think i got what wuhugm trying to say. it is not about the hymen things or because it is tighter. it was for more practical things.

in literature, virginity often used to symbolize innocence, adolescent, and fidelity (not about the amount of experience point in sex things). for those who love romance literature/story it used as spice that the character (usually male and female) are meant for each other and their love is pure and untainted (from flesh things and lustful desire).

in my personal opinion, the virginity is technically important for the dramatic effect when the girl is stolen/netorared (either by blackmail or unconsensual relationship), because the resistance from the girl can be emphatized by the reader to greater effect if the girl is portrayed as virgin (easy way for less experienced writer to portray a character as pure)

though of course the presence of hymen to symbolize those things sounds unorthodox. what if the girl has intact hymen but she used to fellatio enjou kosai? japanese only penalized underage sex (which involves copulation) but i heard they don't penalized fellatio.... (damn.... if only tokyo is not expensive...) . beside corpse (whether they are undead or nosferatu) of course they are not outfitted with hymen. it is technical things. right after 12 hour of rigor mortis did not the flesh started to decompose?

hymen where located around cervix which count among intestines, uterus and internal organ which rot easier than other muscular flesh... i would not be surprised if a died virgin cadaver upon closer inspection would become a technical non virgin because the hymen already got decomposed after rigor mortis. it just common sense.

except maybe with formaline.
Hmm... You're saying some ridiculous shit but for once I have to agree with you
Old 2016-02-15, 05:25   Link #17
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
almost none of the heroines are virgins
Coughs up blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Hmm... You're saying some ridiculous shit but for once I have to agree with you
...?!
Loafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 05:34   Link #18
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
...?!
Old 2016-02-15, 05:38   Link #19
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
This sounds like a really interesting premise. I love stories when it focuses on the darker races, and from your synopsis, it seems like it's all very well thought out.

Can you give a summary of what's happened so far? I'm kind of surprised that we're getting city management here.

And can you also explain the whole magic system? It pretty unconventional that the MC starts off with death magic that's apparently low offense!
Well, if you want a rough and not detailed one, sure. There's no way my summary is going to do it any justice, though.
Spoiler for Summary:

Spoiler for Death Magic:

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-02-15 at 05:52.
Old 2016-02-15, 05:50   Link #20
cabman11

You forgot to mention the part that not only humans but purebreed vampires want him dead

Last edited by cabman11; 2016-02-15 at 06:01.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist