AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-16, 08:23   Link #2061
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Thinking of the potential lives that could be lost... I almost find it ironic that for all the talk of peace and non-violence, it was Thomas Jefferson who once said that the Tree of Liberty needs to be watered with blood every now and then.

Of course, over 200 years ago, they never had anything on the level of world wars or America losing in shame (Vietnam, Korea... okay, so technically those were never declared losses, but America sure didn't win)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2021-01-16, 12:55   Link #2062
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
I wonder if CNN will cover the charges against John Sullivan.

Ignore that 3 of the 4 articles against Bill Clinton had wider bipartisan margins.
Based on what I’ve seen, he seems more of a provocateur than a activist for either side. He was kicked out of BLM and antifa protests months ago and they’ve been actively warning other left wing protesters about him since. As the saying goes “some people just like to watch the world burn”.
Old 2021-01-16, 14:20   Link #2063
Key Board
Carbon

also, They didn’t storm the capitol because of Sulivan. They stormed it because of Trump.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-16, 20:08   Link #2064
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
People keep saying they have proof of the election fraud, but never publicly product it.

Some say it was there, but it is being suppressed by the media.

The conspiracy theorist keep getting fed.

And some think it would be Constitutionally minded, if there was a last minute (forcible) reversal on the 20th. However, it should be pointed out, that without the election being overturned (its too late for that now), anything else that results is President-elect Biden and others being unable to take office, it will go down the chain, per law, until there is a living person to be President, much like Ford as an appointed President due to the rules, and not elected following the resignations of Agnew and later Nixon post-Watergate. There is no legal way for Trump to remain President at this point.
I still wonder how this amount of misinformation is still covered by free speech...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Conspiracy theorists will never change their mind, I have legit seen Trump french supporters telling everyone that something big will happen january 20th. I do fear one thing for Inauguration Day, its one Trump nutjob deciding to never accept the result and bring a gun.

Tbh, the best I think they could do, is move the ceremony inside. Trump has shat on traditions over and over for no reason, so I think it's OK, if Bidens security details decides to ignore one for a very good one, and move it down into the bunker below the white house.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-01-16, 23:53   Link #2065
The Green One

Well they've blocked off the area for quite a far radius from what I understand just in case anybody gets the bright idea to play sniper.
Old 2021-01-17, 10:04   Link #2066
Key Board
Carbon

I'm more concerned about disgruntled insurrectionist taking out their anger on civilians after failing the coup.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-17, 10:52   Link #2067
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Conspiracy theorists will never change their mind, I have legit seen Trump french supporters telling everyone that something big will happen january 20th. I do fear one thing for Inauguration Day, its one Trump nutjob deciding to never accept the result and bring a gun.
I've seen reports that the QAnon idiots believe the stationing of the National Guard around the Capitol is not designed to protect it against rioters but were deployed as part of a high-level chess match involving the Administration. QAnon expects the Guard to go into the Capitol and arrest, or kill, all or most of the legislators therein.
Old 2021-01-17, 11:05   Link #2068
cyberdemon

It really shows the quality of a person in these rioters when both family and friends are all too willing to turn them in lol

It is worrying that Trump may pardon these people after what happened. They should make insurrection a nonpardonable offense. I think both sides would likely be willing to support that right now.
Old 2021-01-17, 11:31   Link #2069
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So far most of the indictments have been of "small fry." I wonder if the FBI and DOJ are holding off indicting anyone in a "leadership" role until after Trump leaves office so he cannot pardon them.

There could be indictments by the DC District Attorney, though given DC's unique position in the federal system, Trump's being able to pardon Federal crimes might apply to those as well. States like Virginia or Maryland might be able to bring charges if the rioters crossed into DC from those states.
Old 2021-01-17, 11:47   Link #2070
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So far most of the indictments have been of "small fry." I wonder if the FBI and DOJ are holding off indicting anyone in a "leadership" role until after Trump leaves office so he cannot pardon them.

There could be indictments by the DC District Attorney, though given DC's unique position in the federal system, Trump's being able to pardon Federal crimes might apply to those as well. States like Virginia or Maryland might be able to bring charges if the rioters crossed into DC from those states.
Not likely. Trump can issue blanket pardons for all offense done that day concerning the riots. I can see him doing just that if he really does decide to run again in 2024 since he soured himself with some of his voter base for denouncing their actions.
Old 2021-01-17, 18:41   Link #2071
The Green One

Legally it would be unwise to try to pardon the rioters, as that'll give the democrats more ammunition for the Impeachment trials. Plus it may give more legal ammunition against him once he's out of office. If it's one thing Trump values over anything else is his own skin I think. He'll leave the rioters high and dry to protect himself I think.
Old 2021-01-18, 12:14   Link #2072
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Here's the current hall of shame of those arrested for participating in the riot:

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/statu...97954631528449
Old 2021-01-19, 00:42   Link #2073
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Here's the current hall of shame of those arrested for participating in the riot:

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/statu...97954631528449
A life of unemployment is waiting for them, excepted in ultrared shitholes drunk on more conspiracy theories and the hate of federals
Old 2021-01-19, 17:07   Link #2074
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

A more systematic tabulation from the Program on Extremism at George Washington University:

https://extremism.gwu.edu/Capitol-Hill-Cases
Old 2021-01-20, 02:39   Link #2075
Key Board
Carbon

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...emency-012021/

I checked the pardon list. A lot of drug charges which I think deserves the pardons. So he did something right.

But there’s also a lot of financial fraud pardons, which is more like the Trump we are familiar with
if really wants to make a patriots Party, he’ll need banon again

I guess he left the insurrectionists and rittenhouse to dry?

//
Old 2021-01-20, 05:03   Link #2076
Jaden

CNN: Trump "once entertained" pardons for Assange & Snowden, but "decided against it because he did not want to anger Senate Republicans who will soon determine whether he's convicted," and who told him that "they felt strongly about not granting clemency to Assange or Snowden."

Ooff...pathetic if true. He may have come in as an outsider, but he's going out as a real politician.

But I think the truth might be that Trump himself always hated those two, and he doesn't change his mind much.

Last edited by Jaden; 2021-01-20 at 05:17.
Old 2021-01-20, 05:29   Link #2077
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

He pardoned Bannon. Scumbag till the end. He made Nixon look like a Saint. Ironic or fitting, depending on who you ask, for someone worshipped by his base as the Second Coming of the Christ and turned into the God-Emperor of Mankind*.

* who in Game Workshop would have thought that their fascism-as-satire would be co-opted by the far-right?
Old 2021-01-20, 09:12   Link #2078
The Green One

Well the day is finally here.... it seemed like it would never get here. Soon this thread will bid goodbye as well. As for Trump? Good riddance.
Old 2021-01-20, 09:17   Link #2079
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well the day is finally here.... it seemed like it would never get here.
The day never arrived for 400k USA citizens, we are talking world war II scale of death and trump goes to mar-a-lago to watch tv and play golf, same as always.
Old 2021-01-20, 10:37   Link #2080
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Right-wing Christians believe that God put Trump into the White House as part of a mission. I wonder what they think after He/She unceremoniously dumped Trump after just one term.
Closed Thread