AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-18, 12:40   Link #21
Shiori-chan

sayu is has grown a bit lol
well damn the face of light when he heared N speaking is epic
Old 2007-04-18, 12:45   Link #22
Setsuchan

I liked the episode,but only because we could finally see and hear Mello a lot! I don't like Near at all~ he's too..blah-ish. I can't explain,I just don't like him XD;;

Also liked the scene at the end when you see Light chained to L,you didn;t have that in the manga.

Hmm,I also hope that one particular character will be seen more in the anime than in the manga XD *fangirl*
Old 2007-04-18, 14:43   Link #23
Jaden

Omg Light is screwed now, he's both Kira and the new L, and two new opponents arrived that are attacking both of Light's personalities. :P

Oh, and it would be really, really uncool if Light murders her sister or allows her to be murdered by Near's thugs. The sympathy and admiration fans have for Light would be gone and an ending that favours Light would be unthinkable.

If the Death Note gets taken by N or M, they'd get a huge advantage over Light. There's no way he'd let that happen.

Therefore, this is a descisive event: If Light can't save Sayu without giving up the death note, it's over for him.
Old 2007-04-18, 15:51   Link #24
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

What... murdering Sayu would really be that much more despicable than murdering Naomi or Raye Penber? Or any of the other innocents who got in his way?

I mean, yeah, it wouldn't be noble for anyone to off his own family members, but I don't see why that one action would tip the balance for fans who stuck with Light through many other killings.

(<-- enjoys watching DN but is not a Light fan)
Old 2007-04-18, 16:22   Link #25
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
What... murdering Sayu would really be that much more despicable than murdering Naomi or Raye Penber? Or any of the other innocents who got in his way?

I mean, yeah, it wouldn't be noble for anyone to off his own family members, but I don't see why that one action would tip the balance for fans who stuck with Light through many other killings.

(<-- enjoys watching DN but is not a Light fan)
<-- L fan!

"Blood is thicker than water" - Ever hear that?

No-one should even consider killing their own close family unless something very serious has gone on between them in the past. Light should be looking out for his cute little sister, instead his first line of thought is to kill her to hide the secret of his precious killing tool.

I can ignore him killing everyone else he's killed thus far, even how he killed and enjoyed watching his "friend" L die. What I can't accept is a big brother killing his little sister in cold blood, especially when she's innocent in all this.
Old 2007-04-18, 16:55   Link #26
avmoghe

Okay - what's this I keep hearing about Light "turning" evil? Every single person that Light has killed been a criminal or someone trying to help get him to the death penalty or life imprisonment.

Light has not "turned" any more evil than he was when he murdered Lind L Taylor.

Misora Naomi, Raye Penbar, L were all people trying to kill Kira through the law - their murders are fundamentally no different from killing Lind Taylor (yes, he was actually a criminal, but Light didn't know about it).

Even the Yotsuba guys were criminals who willingly killed for their personal gain.

Killing Sayu, however, would indeed be truly more evil - since she is not trying to kill Light.

Heck, Misa is even more evil than Light because she kills announcers who indeed are innocent.
Old 2007-04-18, 17:31   Link #27
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Being against Light =/= deserving death. If he were truly principled and as intelligent as he thinks he is, he would have found a way to clear himself without killing non-criminals.

But that's a discussion for the morality thread.
Old 2007-04-18, 17:40   Link #28
avmoghe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Being against Light =/= deserving death. If he were truly principled and as intelligent as he thinks he is, he would have found a way to clear himself without killing non-criminals.

But that's a discussion for the morality thread.
Nobody is saying Light is not evil - I'm simply stating that he has not not turned any more evil than he already was in episode 2 of the show.

But you're right, this is more pertinent to the morality thread.

My only point here is that killing Sayu would indeed be more heinous - since Sayu is not anyone trying to put Kira to death, or a criminal.
Old 2007-04-18, 17:58   Link #29
Near
SPK Member

well another great episode right there
Old 2007-04-18, 18:41   Link #30
Madmanslitany

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe View Post
Nobody is saying Light is not evil - I'm simply stating that he has not not turned any more evil than he already was in episode 2 of the show.

But you're right, this is more pertinent to the morality thread.

My only point here is that killing Sayu would indeed be more heinous - since Sayu is not anyone trying to put Kira to death, or a criminal.
I agree with this reasoning, but one thing--Light just killed Director Takimura, who was not actively involved with pursuing him, as far as I know. While killing Sayu would be an even more extreme step, isn't Takimura's death already causing him to slide further?
Old 2007-04-18, 19:20   Link #31
avmoghe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmanslitany View Post
I agree with this reasoning, but one thing--Light just killed Director Takimura, who was not actively involved with pursuing him, as far as I know. While killing Sayu would be an even more extreme step, isn't Takimura's death already causing him to slide further?
Hm, I have not seen episode 27 yet (came in here to check out the screenshots), so I guess my comments should be taken to apply up to episode 26.
Old 2007-04-18, 20:11   Link #32
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Good episode, not that great in my opinion. I wasn't adjusted to the fast pace of this episode, I was hoping for a slower pace, so it seems the 2nd season will move pretty quickly. I didn't like the voices for Near and Melo very much. I just thought the Melo should sound fenimine and Near closer to a deep voice like L. Well, I just have to get used to the new voices and characters. The good parts are when they show some of N's and M's thinking. Melo is evil and N is a scheming mutha****er lol. And about Sayu, she is more mature now. As for the family conversation, it wasn't that entertaining without her younger self. She is a fine looking women now though. Theres a good twist at the end, so I'm expecting the next episode to be quite excellent.
Old 2007-04-18, 20:22   Link #33
Lumir

Woa what a great way to continue the story! I would have never expected there to be others like L. These two are in theory better then L was?

I find it quite intresting the two new mega chars go by the names N and M. And the way N thinks is described as a puzzle. 2 more geniouses added to the mix. Looks like Yagami is in for a bigger challenge.

What makes it even worse for Yagami is that information on the death note is well known. But dont count light out yet! He still has "The Shinigami Eyes".

This means its a simple as him seeing who N or M is in some video tape and having Misa take a look. GG.
Old 2007-04-18, 20:25   Link #34
flyinmunky

Hi all, slightly confused

Hmmm why does it say the year is 2007 at the start of the episode, i thought it was 2012 now due to timeskip?

Unless im reading it wrong as it does say "2007 (then some kanji) 12".

Did they find out L was dead in 2007 then it skips to 2012 or smthin?

Im slightly confused....

Still enjoyed the episode. Not sure i like m but i think n is cool.
Old 2007-04-18, 21:27   Link #35
Dyaji

They found out that L was dead in 2007, so the "L is dead." message is a flashback.

I actually don't mind Near and Melo's voices at all...I was actually hoping that Melo sounded the way he does, to somewhat preserve his masculinity.

Quality-wise, it looks like the episode was solid--I'm always a fan of the mind games, and Near looks as if he got/would have gotten along well with L (I'm digging the little hair twirling thing).

And...there. The anime has caught up to where I stopped reading the manga. Now I can finally NOT know what's going to happen!
Old 2007-04-18, 21:32   Link #36
Super Ska Master

Anyone concerned that they are only on volume 8 out of 12 and they only have ten more episodes left? Damn, they crammed a lot of volume 8 into one episode. It seems so rush rush rush. A lot happened in this episode. I love the second arc. I am glad it's getting such good treatment. Yay for the TV Show in the background. That made me crack up in the manga and I am glad they kept it. XD
Old 2007-04-18, 22:39   Link #37
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Heh, Light had his way for 5 whole years and put up with the japanese taskforce all that time? He probably dealt with many other enemies during those years and eventually ended up killing them all somehow, he coulda faced off an enemy for two of those 5 years and than went on another crazy killing spree like ep 26 after his victory...and it's kinda odd how no one makes any references to Light's mishaps during those unknown 5 years...I'm guessing it was around 2 years when Light first acknowledges L's existence and then killing him off...5 years is a long time...and Light never sacrificed the taskforce members...that's not like Light at all, but the story is still great. I'm liking anime Mello alot, his voice is pretty good, still gotta get used to Near's a bit. Also, hope the anime shows more Mello than the manga too, his role was cut short way too early...
Old 2007-04-18, 22:41   Link #38
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe View Post
Okay - what's this I keep hearing about Light "turning" evil? Every single person that Light has killed been a criminal or someone trying to help get him to the death penalty or life imprisonment.

Light has not "turned" any more evil than he was when he murdered Lind L Taylor.

Misora Naomi, Raye Penbar, L were all people trying to kill Kira through the law - their murders are fundamentally no different from killing Lind Taylor (yes, he was actually a criminal, but Light didn't know about it).

Yeah ok what you just said is BS. First off let me say I'm a light fan but I know damn well what he has done to achieve his own sense of justice is wrong. All the people you mentioned are innocent people who he murdered to save his hide. They work for law enforcement agencies which apprahend criminals to try them in a court of law, not go out and kill criminals for their own sense of justice which light does.

Oh and what did the chief of police do to deserve to get killed? Light is evil. He doesn't have a second of remorse for killing anyone that gets in his way.
Old 2007-04-19, 00:05   Link #39
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Hm, kinda a spoiler up there...

Anyways...I wonder how many chapters will be covered in the next ep...
Old 2007-04-19, 02:04   Link #40
CrYsYs
殺害

This episode was great seriously. We haven't had an episode like this ever since that one time L captured Misa. At that time Light was in a pinch. But ever since then he's had it easy and had the for sure win. Now that a new opposing force in the story has come Light will have to step it up once again and we get to see he does about it. Episode 27 was a good comeback from the opposing force in the anime against the main character finally having the upper hand at the moment.

Been a good while since we've seen Light squirm and then find a way out, and this episode and probably the next episode will really let him squirm. As much as I like Light, this episode was great. 10/10
Closed Thread