Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 21:31   Link #4881
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
So, how exactly does one calculate the day of Rapture?
I'm pretty sure you need an Magic 8-Ball, a deck of cards, a logarithm table, and a lot of drugs. If you're modern... some sort of pattern transmogrifier to find imaginary numeric sequences in Revelations.

The current idiot proclaiming it spent years in a dark basement looking for patterns in the King James Version of the Bible by hand....

Expect to see this form on your door tomorrow:

Apparently, the Rapture came a bit early for the "official website": http://judgementday2011.com/ .... it gives a HTTP 503 error... but googling around for a variety of computational explanations gave me a headache.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-05-20 at 21:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:39   Link #4882
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Why is the word "short" longer than the word "long", and the word "longer" is shorter than the word "shorter"?
Because the English did it for teh lulz
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:42   Link #4883
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
So, how exactly does one calculate the day of Rapture?
You don't.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:57   Link #4884
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Most people who read the Bible might notice this line: Matthew 25:13
Quote:
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
in direct reference to the "end days".

There's also the issue of the "rolling rapture timezone" and the International Date Line (sidenote: earth not flat). ... and I had more but at some point its no fun beating down idiocy. All I can say is that we are able to now have Global Village Idiots thanks to global instant communications.
Old 2011-05-20, 22:37   Link #4885
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Since the world doesnt have universal time I wonder which date is correct. Will it end 21/05/2011 +12GMT as it is over here in NZ or 21/05/2011 -5GMT in the states. Or maybe New Zealand gets anihilated first, which would give you guys roughly 14 hours to repent your lives and make peace with god/aliens/blackhole/justin bieber

edit:didn't read ^
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 23:53   Link #4886
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Since the world doesnt have universal time I wonder which date is correct. Will it end 21/05/2011 +12GMT as it is over here in NZ or 21/05/2011 -5GMT in the states. Or maybe New Zealand gets anihilated first, which would give you guys roughly 14 hours to repent your lives and make peace with god/aliens/blackhole/justin bieber

edit:didn't read ^
It'd be like that game Katamari (?), where the "player" rolls up the planet cow by house by cart.... except with rapture winners.
Old 2011-05-22, 09:43   Link #4887
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Question regarding Chatzilla:

I finally got booted off Mirc after at least 1K days, the continue button now says Exit no matter how many tries of restarting (and editing the registry). So I am working with Chatzilla now, which is confussing to say the least.

There is one thing I can't figure out and that happens when I queue downloads: it can't work down the download queue because of my dcc not being set on receivng files, or so it says.
But I can't find that setting anywhere in the options and so I get this: You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)

How do I fix this in Chatzilla?

edit:

I'm going to switch to another client. But what clients are free and good these days? X-chat?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 04:18   Link #4888
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

In swedish, we can use "mycket lite"(lit: much little) when there is very, very little of something.
I always found this to be a very weird expression,(I mean how can there be much of something when we are told that it's only a little?) and therefore I'm wondering if something similiar exists in english or any other language for the matter.
Old 2011-05-23, 04:30   Link #4889
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
In swedish, we can use "mycket lite"(lit: much little) when there is very, very little of something.
I always found this to be a very weird expression,(I mean how can there be much of something when we are told that it's only a little?) and therefore I'm wondering if something similar exists in english or any other language for the matter.
Perhaps the words "Almost none"?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 22:22   Link #4890
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Does anyone know a shop to buy soft drinks online. The thing is, the shop should obviously ship internationally. So far I've only come across TWO shops plus the one I usually use, but those two have insane shipping costs so it's not really worth of it.

At the moment I use americanfood4u as their shipping costs are just 9,99 no matter how much you order .. Worldwide shipping o.O. The only sad thing is their low stocks on drinks so with each order there's some drink out of stock that I wanted .. That, and they don't sell Vimto or Coca-Cola there at all. I really want to drink some Vimto x.o. It costs like, 3€ per can here as an import drink .. Like I would pay that -_-
Old 2011-05-23, 23:10   Link #4891
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Does anyone know a shop to buy soft drinks online. The thing is, the shop should obviously ship internationally. So far I've only come across TWO shops plus the one I usually use, but those two have insane shipping costs so it's not really worth of it.

At the moment I use americanfood4u as their shipping costs are just 9,99 no matter how much you order .. Worldwide shipping o.O. The only sad thing is their low stocks on drinks so with each order there's some drink out of stock that I wanted .. That, and they don't sell Vimto or Coca-Cola there at all. I really want to drink some Vimto x.o. It costs like, 3€ per can here as an import drink .. Like I would pay that -_-
I use this site for "hard to find" or "nostalgic" soda. I have no idea if they ship to Finland though.
http://www.crossroads-market.com/har...products/1018/

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-05-23 at 23:12. Reason: oops
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 07:45   Link #4892
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

What is subscription (as in to subscribe to someone on youtube) in japanese? I have had some conversations in (very limited) japanese with someone on youtube and she subscribed to my account. I want to thank her but I am at loss at what it is called in japanese.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:56   Link #4893
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I use this site for "hard to find" or "nostalgic" soda. I have no idea if they ship to Finland though.
http://www.crossroads-market.com/har...products/1018/
Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for though ; The sodas there are '' hard to find '' so they obviously don't list those that I am more interested in like Pepsi and such. They do ship to Finland though, but shipping cost starts from $30 which is quite a lot. Americanfood4u which I currently uses has around $15 shipping cost no matter how much you order :/

I saw they sold candy there too, though. I've been interested for a while now at ordering candy from America 'cause I'm fed up with the stuff we have here in Finland ; I swear I've tasted every single flavor and type they sell -.-. So do you know perhaps any other shops that sell sweets and such and ship worldwide?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated question : I need an imagehost that allows adult content and GIF's, does anyone know any? I've used IMGClub.org for static images but for some reason I get some gateway error when I try to upload GIF's. The maximum allowed size should be more than just 1MB, too :/
Old 2011-05-30, 00:32   Link #4894
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So on nyaatorrents recently I noticed the stat "Friendship" shorted up on the torrents there, what purpose or meaning of this stat on the torrents if anyone knows?
MAL
Old 2011-05-30, 01:05   Link #4895
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
What is subscription (as in to subscribe to someone on youtube) in japanese? I have had some conversations in (very limited) japanese with someone on youtube and she subscribed to my account. I want to thank her but I am at loss at what it is called in japanese.
申し込む is probably the word you're looking for. So something like 私のチャネルを申し込んでありがとうございます (or whatever you want to say)
Old 2011-05-30, 01:37   Link #4896
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So on nyaatorrents recently I noticed the stat "Friendship" shorted up on the torrents there, what purpose or meaning of this stat on the torrents if anyone knows?
Recently? It was added yesterday. The meaning of it? There's none. It's Nyaa and his crew trolling around again. The whole staff of Nyaa is fucked up anyway. Someone criticized on the ponys.. guess what happened? Account deleted.
Old 2011-05-30, 15:54   Link #4897
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Recently? It was added yesterday. The meaning of it? There's none. It's Nyaa and his crew trolling around again. The whole staff of Nyaa is fucked up anyway. Someone criticized on the ponys.. guess what happened? Account deleted.
Meh I guess that could be the case, though I don't have an account there so like I care , as long as they host fansubs I'll be happy with them .
MAL
Old 2011-06-01, 04:38   Link #4898
HasuMasu
*Artist

Spoiler for long post:
Old 2011-06-02, 05:44   Link #4899
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Strictly speaking ADHD is has a very wide spectrum that having one symptom similar to those who have it really doesn't cut it.

DMS-IV criteria for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 07:24   Link #4900
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Dude, I do that. And it's nothing to be worried about. I've had a couple of friends before who had ADD/ADHD, they were quite a bit worse than just that. If you're really worried, you should still go get yourself checked out, but I reckon you got nothing to worry about.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious