AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 75 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 23.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 18.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 14.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 5.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-31, 22:23   Link #121
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You mean the Chrissie universe?

I do respect your fanatical devotion to Kazumi, it takes guts to love the underdog with that kinda passion. I'm sure Kazumi appreciates it too.

On a side note the odds are more 1000000000000000000000:0 in favor of Shana XD
The Chrissie-verse is never wrong. It has all the true endings of every story in there.

Now, I like those odds, because it means it is impossible for Shana to win. After all, her odds of 10^n:0 is the same as saying is every 0 times tried, she wins 10^n times, resulting in a divide by 0 error. Therefore, she has no chance of winning, because doing so makes the universe explode, hence, it means that the universe where Shana wins is fake!
Old 2008-03-31, 22:44   Link #122
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Not much to say...

Well this was clearly just a lead in for the next season. I certainly hope Shana doesn't go the way of Naruto and Bleach. The action was impressive along with the animation but other than that, nothing in particular stood out. It is more than a little frustrating ending with Yuji and Shana's relationship at more or less the exact same place it was 24 episodes ago.
Old 2008-03-31, 22:49   Link #123
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Gag.

Hey, I hope the third season starts out by Shana reseting everything again, and then they can use the same villains again, and we can go through another love triangle again and .....

FUCK, what an absurd waste of time, there was so much potential to just beast with this show and it was just used the wrong way. What a disappointment.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-03-31, 23:11   Link #124
feRfe

hmm the ending was alright storywise

the animation and insert song was amaaaaazing though so 10/10

and how can anyone even argue that the love triangle hasn't been concluded? please...
Old 2008-03-31, 23:47   Link #125
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i see an additional 24 episodes in form of Shana III coming though :/
Yeah, me too..

Spoiler:

And with those who are saying the ending was epic, it's not.

If you want epic, the fight in the end of episode 21 was epic. It's a perfect example for a good ending.

The fight in this episode was extremely disappointing. I don't really know how to describe it, but it kinda lame.

Spoiler:

Anyways.. that's why I feel like there will be a third season.. I don't really feel like anything concluded other than what apparently seemed like

Spoiler:

Even so.. we don't know what happened after that. -.-

On top of that, there's still a lot of stuff with mystery around it.. which is why I believe there would be a 3rd season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
and how can anyone even argue that the love triangle hasn't been concluded? please...
More like.. it's the only thing season 2 managed to conclude.. and might I add.. fairly poorly as well.
Old 2008-04-01, 00:01   Link #126
Stretch5920

season 3. Ep 1. Yuji tells shana he can't decide and we get harem junk all over again lol.
Old 2008-04-01, 00:12   Link #127
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Birds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I am really confused with the birds.. and who silver really is.
The birds in this last episode were a tie in with Konoe Fumina, who was essentially the soul of the new Tomogara being born. If you remember back when she was with Yuji and company she always had a strange fascination for birds. In the end it was that aspect of her emotions that ended up creating the momentary weakness Shana and Yuji capitalized on to retrieve the Reji Maigo.
Old 2008-04-01, 00:24   Link #128
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Episode 24 deserves a ten, because it gave meaning to Konoe. There were many beautiful things that happened this episode, starting from the silver reaching up to Shana to Hecate crying, and this was the perfect ending for this season. Sure, the ride was rough, and I had my doubts very early on. However, I am glad that I did not drop the series, and it paid off.

10/10
Old 2008-04-01, 00:27   Link #129
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Spoiler for shana ending etc:
Old 2008-04-01, 00:48   Link #130
Master Chibi

So you guys are essentially saying Silver lost to a bird? I mean sure, I saw it coming from so freaking far away that I put up billboards and a rest stop along the way, but still, the absurdity of what actually happened is just, well, dumb.

Oh great, I can't wait to suggest this show to other people now.

Old 2008-04-01, 00:53   Link #131
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
So you guys are essentially saying Silver lost to a bird? I mean sure, I saw it coming from so freaking far away that I put up billboards and a rest stop along the way, but still, the absurdity of what actually happened is just, well, dumb.

Oh great, I can't wait to suggest this show to other people now.
What are you talking about? Put everything aside, even how corny the ending was. The point is episode 24 gave meaning to all of the Konoe episodes, so at least we didn't just watch it for nothing!
Old 2008-04-01, 00:55   Link #132
nines
I much prefer the 2d

we didnt watch it for nothing but it is still disappointing the point being to what i was saying is the silver lost because of lack of time and "konoe" / hecate
Old 2008-04-01, 01:15   Link #133
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
we didnt watch it for nothing but it is still disappointing the point being to what i was saying is the silver lost because of lack of time and "konoe" / hecate
What else could have happened though? Yuji was on his last minutes, so if the silver was shown to be more cool, then technically Yuji would have "disappeared." Actually, I guess they could've made it so that Yuji wasn't in danger of extinction so he and Shana could have a better fight with the silver. I also like Margery's development throughout this series. In a way, her encounters with these other flame hazes changed her way of thinking and gave her a chance to look at life as a gift, not as an enemy.
Old 2008-04-01, 01:25   Link #134
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Bah. Sabrac managed to survive, Team Rocket blasts off again, inadequate closure to the love triangle (two brief expressions does not justify what we've had to go through for two seasons, and if the first season's confession could be handwaved away...), and all the other loose threads like Johan and Pheles... It's just not closure at all, and ending both seasons will a filler arc involving some grand plan by that group... Bah.

Unexpected/not sure how I feel about this quite yet: Silver turning out to have Terminator-vision, and then turning moé. Silver. Moé. wtf. Thanks a lot, Hecate, you just created an unholy union of two things that should have never have been brought together...

Speaking of which, Hecate shedding tears = ;_;
Old 2008-04-01, 01:49   Link #135
MrShin

This so call ultimate Silver died in barely 1minut?

I'm sorry, I loved season 1, i tought I would love season 2, however I'm wrong. This is by far a horrible episode, which will conclude to an horrible ending of this season.
Old 2008-04-01, 02:56   Link #136
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
What are you talking about? Put everything aside, even how corny the ending was. The point is episode 24 gave meaning to all of the Konoe episodes, so at least we didn't just watch it for nothing!
Um, Konoe is / was what was wrong with this series to begin with.

Suddenly giving her value at the hands of the villain who's been hyped up for half the damn season is an extremely stupid way to go about it, sorry.

Silver: Ooh I will CRUSH YOU NOW.

Shana: WEE I AM FLYINNNNNGZ

Silver: OOOOOH BIRDY, PRETTY BIRDY!!!!!!

Shana: *DEATHSTRIKE*

Silver: K.O., YOU LOSE.

Game Over~

Old 2008-04-01, 03:48   Link #137
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
wow this made me lol hard.

I hope season 3 comes and actually concludes things. 24 eps was a bit much for nothing but Yuji to growing some balls and learning how to fight.
Old 2008-04-01, 04:49   Link #138
tabun
rawr!

Allright, may I suggest everybody calm down?

If I see it correctly, then we had to endure the endless arc of Konoe Fumina for this brief moment, this single turning point, to allow Shana to destroy the Machine, right? To deliver an explanation. Well, what can I say? I am utterly disappointed, sad as it may seem

Little did we ever see of Pheles, the whole Silver thing was very obscure, our heroines did not stand a fighting chance against the Guze (which I found very enervating). So much for the rant.

What we did see were a lot of character development (I kid you not), an (by all means) epic battle with Sabrac, and last but not least, the facial expression of Shana in the very end. What makes me think, here, is that the epic battle was not the end-fight so to speak; and what that last expression of Shana delivered with so little effort.

Really, I did not want to make this into a rant, but compared to Season 1, this 2nd season was just plain weak, nay, painful. However, I most definately will watch a season 3, should it be released. If only for hopes of better writing.

Alas, I will take on my own suggestion from the top of this post, and bid you farewell... for now ;p

Cheers
Old 2008-04-01, 05:06   Link #139
greyhawk
Some dude

Lolol.
So wtf was that? They certainly gave Hecate a lot of development in the anime. Which is... probably fine!? She wouldn't be that moe if she were to be just a big bad villain.
But let's keep in mind that our Flame Haze suxx, after all the Bal Masque pwn3d them hard even without Miss Strategist around. So in reality, the Bal Masque won. They just made the Flame Haze win so that we can get a season 3, duh.
Old 2008-04-01, 05:41   Link #140
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
what u mean the love triangle been put to rest i dont think he went to any of them x.x
Yuji choosing Shana? I don't think so since disappearing Yuji's footprint did not fit well here. More feasible explanation is that when he was heading to either Shana or Kazumi (most probably Shana), he mysteriously disappeared. Unless it was shown a scene where Yuji confronts Shana, I am not convinced that Yuji has chosen Shana.